NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @cbabie I'm so sorry you are still struggling with depression. It's so hard to get motivated to do anything when you are. Have you ever sought help for your depression? I used to struggle very very hard with depression, but I went to the doctor and got meds and now I fight it on occasion but it is much less frequently and much less severe when it does happen. I am so glad I sought help, and you would be amazed how much better you feel. You would probably say, "Why did I resist seeking help for so long?" If you really don't want to go to a doctor or therapist for help, have you ever thought about doing a gratitude journal? I was doing one for a while using an app, and I swear, it made me a happier person. If you aren't an app type of a person, there is a book called the Five Minute Journal: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day. I'm not saying it's a cure for depression, but it might help a little. Again, I am so sorry you are struggling with it, I have been down some very dark holes of depression and I hope you can pull out soon. ((( HUGS )))

@TrishasTime oh no! Saboteurs! There was a guy at work that literally brought in girl scout cookies every stinking day for two weeks. He would still be bringing them in but our director yelled at him for it (someone, I think my officemate, complained about it to the director and he then yelled at the poor guy). Monday was okay, Tuesday is when officemate came back and she didn't eat any desserts in the office so it didn't tempt me into going to the cafe, and I wasn't stressed out, so okay. The name Trooworld--- I wanted something different and I just sort of made it up. Trueworld--- I didn't feel the world was "true" as in real, the world is sort of surreal, you know? So "troo" as in bizzaro world. It doesn't really make any sense, but I thought nobody else would ever use it (and nobody does). I hope you can stay strong, bring some snacks with you!!! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Hi all. I hope all that are lurking are okay. I'm doing okay, just still trying to adjust to the time change. This week's plan for food is going much better although it's not been the healthiest: Sunday, DH made pizza, Monday it was sandwiches and pasta salad, last night it was bbq shredded chicken sandwiches with potato salad, tonight will be more sandwiches and pasta salad or potato salad. It's the way it has to be this week. Hope all is well where you are.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    morning: Running late, Thank you so much for all the encouragement. I have never seen a Dr and most likely will not. LOL I did however, make myself spend the money to join the gym today. I just got back from my workout and love the feel of moving again. One step forward.

I will catch up on personals later, I have an appointment I have to get ready for.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - I am glad the plan you set for yourself this week is working for you. Positives is youmade a pland anf followed through.

@cbabie - It does feels great whenyou are able to move again. Does the gym have a treadmill? Glad you are moving foward

@theslightedgeforever - Hope allis well withy ou

My news is I got a call from my MIL yesterday arvo but cold not take as I was in a conferance. When I was able to take the call which was in the taxi on the way back to work. I found a VM that told that FIL had fallen over in the backyard and they could ot get it up. I rang back but a neighbour helped her get him to his bed. Ambos was called but he refused to go with them and so they let him stay on the condition that he goes to his drs today. By he time I got there, he was walking and eating his dinner and saying nothing is wrong. I stayed there for a few hours until he went to bed then came home via takeaway. He is an old reprobat so I am working from home until lunch and then taking him to the DR as he refused to let his wife (MIL) go with him. MIL thinks I will be able to walk into the appointment to make sure that he tells the DR everything - it is going to be a diifcult battle. He is 83 and generally not well. MIL is 87

Catch you all later

Trish

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Went out of town but back now Will check in tomorrow Hope everyone is well
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Exercise can do wonders for depression. I hope it helps you. Good for you for joining the gym! :)

@TrishasTime thanks. Yes, it is good to have a plan for sure. I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope he is going to be okay. Sometimes older people can be a bit stubborn, which can be very frustrating and worrying.

@theslightedgeforever hello...hope you had fun.

Hi all. I hope everyone is well. I maintained this week (well, I gained 0.1 lbs so I call that maintaining) which is practicing for maintenance. Better than a gain. I had to leave work early yesterday, I had a migraine from the weather/barometric pressure changes. I hate that, it is so disruptive. Well...have a good day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon, I went to the gym again and I felt good about going. I had a 2 hour meeting and came home and took a nap. It is so windy here today, now I have a headache...but all is good, Thank you all for all of the support you give here. It really means a lot. I also know there are some choices we just have to make on our own.

@trooworld I think you sent us your weather/barometric pressure..LOL Well great job on "maintaining" You go girl. I saw a picture of myself and I look like one of those old lady grandmas...Yuck..hence me joining the gym

@TrishasTime I am so sorry about your FIL, sounds like my dad. I hope everything goes well at the Dr. office.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@cbabie - glad you are happy with your gym and feel good coming out of it :)

@trooworld - congratulations on maintaining - I am actually looking forward to WI tomorrow - but we will see how it goes. Sorry you had such a bad headache.

@theslightedgeforever - Hope you had fun when you went out of town

Well my FIL was compliant with me as everyone expected. He had to do a 20 point check they do over here for "unknown" falls. Unknown being he did not trip or slip. He is blaming his knee, so the Dr organised an xray of that making it now the 21 point check. BP, Heart rate, blood going to head all good. Just waiting on blood test, urine tests to come in as well as the result from the xray. He is getting more and more unstable on his feet every week. BTW so even though I was not a work yesterday I still worked 5.5 hours in themorning before I went to pick FIL up and another 3 when I came home. I seem to get alot more done when I work fromhome

Today is Friday and I am glad that the weekend is tomorrow

Take care everyone

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you are enjoying the gym. Sorry I passed you the barometric pressure headache...those stink, don't they? And when I take imitrex for it, that makes me sick to my stomach. Yeah, I can't maintain forever, that misses the point. It's okay for now though, while all this is going on with my family member.

@TrishasTime I send you (((( SKINNY VIBES )))) for weigh in tomorrow/today. I hope you have a good weigh in. That's too bad that you had to work even though you weren't at work. Also too bad you couldn't work from home all the time. I'm glad today is Friday as well...it's been a long week!

Hi all. This week seemed to take forever. I have been tired all week because of the time change. Trish, do you do the time change over there? I hate it! Tomorrow I am walking in a 5K with two of my coworkers (actually a lot of people from my company are going to be walking or running in this 5K but 2 of the people I directly work with are walking with me). It's a St Patrick's Day themed one, so I have a bunch of green/shamrock themed jewelry to wear that lights up. The only catch is that it is supposed to rain here. It only rains a few times a year, so it decides to rain on that day, go figure!

Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!
    I haven't made it to the gym yet, but I have been in my room listening to my favorite worship music and just enjoying this time. It brings such a peace to my spirit.

@trooworld Well if it like here, sometimes it will rain across the street and not on my side..LOL The company I worked for originally Walsh Bros was real big on St Patricks day, we have a parade, we used to have a float and green beer...that was years ago. We always had fun as a company, the owner was a true family man. It was a family business and I am grateful I got to work for them.

@TrishasTime I agree when I worked at home, I always got more done. I am praying that the test results come back with answers. I agree with Trooworld....[[SKINNY VIBES]].

@theslightedgeforever where did you go?

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

Thankyou for your (((skinny vibes))). I was granted a loss of 3 pounds - woohoo. Now not to bugger it up next week.

@trooworld - Enjoy you walk. The only thing they celebrate here for St Patricks seem to be a the pubs. I have a 4km walk on Mothers day in May where it will be very pink :)

@cbabie - Music does do alot for the soul, it can bring such joy :) FIL test are slowly coming back and today there does not seem to have alot amiss except an infection. All the test will be by Wednesday, so will know then.

@theslightedgeforever - Hope where ever you are - you are enjoying yourself :)

Today, I am heading out in 30 min to take Grand daughter to the shops for a top that she simply must have. Her money I guess. So Jess the wonder dog and I will drop her off and go through McDonalds for a coffee and then go and back park and wait for her. She has a driving lesson at 11.20am so she can not be any longer than an hour. I need to go food shopping (YUK!) and then we have a local event to go to this afternoon . After that we are heading out to see a long time friend sing in a band. We have known this friend for over 40 years. He suffered a heart attack at 20 and then another 10 years ago. Three years ago he had lap band surgery and lost over 100kg and had successfully kept it off

Hope you all are hving an interesting day and I hope it does not rain for you @trooworld

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie it sounds like a fun place to work.

@TrishasTime congrats on the loss, wow awesome!!! Thanks, it is going to be raining and I don't think I should bring an umbrella (I'll bring one but I don't think I will use it because it will be too crowded). I love pink, is it a breast cancer walk? I hope you have fun watching your friend sing, wow that is a lot of weight to have lost (I looked it up, 220 lbs!) and to have kept it off, congrats to him. I hope it doesn't rain either but it is currently raining and the race starts in 2 hours!

Hi all. I'm over here trying to wake up, drinking my coffee and hoping I don't forget anything when I leave the house this morning. I'm also hoping my knees don't give me problems on this walk. Sometimes they give me problems on long walks. Wish me luck!

@theslightedgeforever where are you??? You said you'd come back to us today.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

Lovely day here. My plans. DH has gone with the younger dog to go fog trial training. Son is coming over to install anew security camera for the front door. GD is driving up to see her mother (40 min away). We are using my car as she struggles with doing everything at once in a manual (changing gears, whilst breaking, whilst being observant) .

In my day you only had a choice of a manual. I off to see my bestie for a cup of tea on the way back from dropping GD off. But my best news is yesterday was WI day and for the first time in a very long time, my mentality did not go down the path of "I can eat anything I like today and work hard for the next 6. I was just over (35 cal) my goal today - so super pleased with myself.

@trooworld - How did your walk go, did your knees give your grief? Did it rain? Most importantly did you have fun?? Yes pink is the breast cancer walk. We had fun watching - only stayed for a couple of hours. but it brought back memories of yesteryear.

Catch you

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime What is fog trial training. Yaaay on your mental breakthrough. I’ve had similar weigh in thoughts. Problem is that strategy can work but I think it doesn’t go towards building good habits. My mother died of breast cancer so hooray to all those that will walk. woohoo on 3 lbs.

Trooworld you are right a maintain is better than a gain. Now do it right this week. How was your walk. Did it keep raining.

Cbabie. Good for you for joining the gym and going. Joining is the easy part. I find it hard to get there each day.

Ok I’ve had a headache for two days and I’m just tired Did you pass the barometric thing to me. Plus weekends are hard for me to get in here. I’m such a routine person. I need to schedule my MFP time differently so I can be consistent.

WW meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/zxWvBWXPJ3s
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime congrats on the mindset change! Woo hoo! It did rain, I used an umbrella for part of it, but the rain cleared up and the sun came out. My knees did not give me grief and I successfully completed the walk. It was fun! The walk served us corned beef and cabbage and potatoes and carrots afterwards...and a beer!

@theslightedgeforever good to see you again. See above about the walk. I enjoyed it. I'm glad knees were okay. Oh, I'm sorry about the headache! I hope it goes away soon. Thanks for finding time to visit with us even though it's hard.

Hi all. Yesterday was super busy, with the walk and then I had to go to the hospital to celebrate BIL's birthday, and then I had an appointment I had to go to. Plus I had to get groceries. I got it all done and found time to paint my nails as well. Today, I have to try to transfer files from our old computer to our new computer. We bought a program to do it but that program was a piece of dung and didn't work. I don't recommend PCMover Ultimate...don't buy it, it doesn't work and if you call their free help line, they try to upsell you on their paid tech support. Waste of $50! :( Anyway, I'm doing that and doing meal prep today. I've made a simple meal plan: an instant pot swiss steak recipe for dinner today, chili tomorrow, roasted chicken breasts and veggies on Tuesday, sandwiches and chips on Weds, and pita pizzas on Thursday.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

It is Monday and therefore back to work. I have a dentist appointment after work for a possible root canal and I think dinner will be a non event for me. I am having a mini beef roast, so I can just put it in before I go to the dentist and being it out when I get home. DH can then deal with it.

@theslightedgeforever - I meant to say dog not fog trial. Dog trial is where the dog has to herd sheep around a set track with the owner using whistles or calls to get them to do it in the quickest time without breaking any rules. I hear you when you say routine. If I do not log on here as I eat my brekkie, I have lost the chance for the rest of the day.

@trooworld - Glad you enjoyed yourself :). Great meal planning for the week. Is there a computer tech at work, or your work goes to if your work has computer issues, that may be able to help. Not sure what went wrong with your computer, but if the hard disk is okay - you can add the hard disk as an extra drive on your computer and still have access to the files.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime sorry to hear that you have to have a root canal. I hope it goes okay. We have a whole IT department at work, but I doubt they can help. I've already transferred most of the information over by now. The other hard drives were old, ready to die any day, so we got a new computer. Not worth keeping those old hard drives, we got a new computer with SSD drives so it starts up instantly...much better!

Hi all. Well, the transfer of the headache didn't work because it came back to me: I've got a splitting headache! Man, it's a bad one. I took 4 Ibuprofens and I hope that helps. I've got imitrex to take, I'll take that once I get to work if the Ibuprofen doesn't work. But the imitrex makes me nauseous. Well I hope everyone has a good day.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    @trooworld - sorry to hear about your headache. It certainly sounds very bad to have have all those pain killers. SSD drives are nice. I did not end up having a root canal - it was an old silver filling he replaced but because I am having pressure pain - I now need 2 crowns. The first appointment is 90 min. I thought I would bring my phone and earplugs in so I can listen to my music. He wants it done before Easter
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Sounds like you have the menus planned for the week. Your walk sounded fun. I love you asking outside. I need to figure out how to transfer over my music to my new phone. It used to be so easy. I’m sure I would walk more than I do now. Hope your headache is better. Have you been staying within your points this week?

Trishastime. I understand dog better. Lol. I had pictured your dogs roaming out in the thick fog trying to find something and they were timed. Yikes on the tooth. What good choices did you make?

For me I did not have 2 Hershey’s kisses that I was planning. I added spinach to my cheese and flatbread I thought about making a new program for exercise. Talked it over with my son while he was exercising (at least I’m thinking about it)

Cbabie. Did you go to the gym
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime thanks, it came back yesterday and I left work early. :( I'm glad you didn't have to have a root canal.

@theslightedgeforever what kind of phone do you have now? My headache is not better, unfortunately. Well...it might be better today but was not better yesterday. I don't know if I am staying within my points because I have not been tracking. :( I have been tracking sporadically which is not good. That's good you added spinach to your flatbread. And thinking about exercise is the first step to doing it. :)

As I mentioned to Trish above, I had a migraine and was nauseous and came home early from work. I felt sorry for myself and comfort ate. I did not track. I hope the migraine stays away today. I can't keep leaving work because of a migraine. I have to make my breakfasts for the week this morning. I hope I don't run out of time.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    morning everyone

@trooworld - sorry to hear the tablets did not fix your headache. Have you checked your eyes, if your work in an office, can you out up a monitor filter to reduce the glare?

@theslightedgeforever - Glad you made healthy choices, thinking about exercise is just one step from doing it. It is 5am here and it is like the middle of the night - you just want to stay in bed.

I have delayed my crowns to after Easter because I do not want anything to go wrong over the break when everything is closed. My heathy choice every morning is that I have 2 poached eggs on a muffin. Very high in protein, less carbs. It keeps me going until 11am when I have fruit.

Hope you both have a great day

Trish