NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

@lore11a - The burritos were awesome. My hubby came in that night with fresh green chilies so I could make him home made chili rellenos the following day. Where does one find fresh chilies on Christmas day? I did not ask. I made the rellenos the following day and smothered them with the green chili. They too were awesome.

@theslightedgeforever - I can say I did not meet my goals for 2016. I got through an extremely stressful five months. The situation was out of my control, all I could do is work it through it as gracefully and intact as I could. I accomplished everything that I had to. It took me three months to get caught up in my own life and get back to where I wanted to be. Looking back, I can say I did an amazing job of not losing my mind, being as true to myself as I could, and getting through it all. So I guess even though I will always rate 2016 as a year from hell, I know that there is nothing that came totally derail me or defeat me. It has made me stronger and much more sure of myself. Now if I can muster the discipline to stay focused I will kick some *kitten* and surpass my goals for 2017.

@trooworld - I hope you are enjoying your time off and having some fun.

@cbabie - (((hugs))) <3

I got an hour and a half of exercise in today. I have a empty house tonight so I will enjoy watching some TV and doing some reading.

Have a good evening everyone.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    kv4z97prp769.jpg
    Had a great day and enjoyed this view tonight hiking up to a lookout point over LA! Beautiful! Beach day tomorrow should be fun too! My diet is not ideal while on vacation, but doing what I can to be within reason.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Afternoon gals: I got some kind of bug from my oldest daughters home...been in bed most of the day and eating whatever I want that makes my throat feel better...not caring about diet right now. LOL

I agree with @mysticlizard 2016 was not the greatest year...but in my home 2015 wasn't either. So I AM FOR SURE looking forward to 2017..I sense changes in the air!!
    @shellyld2016 great view...enjoy your vacation!!

Cbabie
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    njdp69zylvhf.jpg
    Another beautiful day of walking here today! Love the beaches here!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    Options
    trooworld Have you started doing any hip stretches yet?

cbabie Hope you feel better We have passed around our bug and now I have a sore throat again. Round 2

mysticlizard In a way you met a goal you hadn't planned on in 2016. Being resilient. You can conquer anything now

shellyld Beautiful view. That's the best way to exercise.

So I've been going over my data and from Feb 20-March 14 I had a slow but steady weight gain of 7 lbs. Lose gain Lose gain but end result was still 7 lbs heavier. Those losses in between told my brain that I was still working my plan. Now actually from Feb 18-March 14 with the exception of 4 days, I didn't track any food. 3 days I tracked breakfast only and then March 10 I tracked a full day. So a big clue for me is not tracking food equals weight gain.
    I'm going to see the next big jump of weight gain and look for more clues.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been doing nothing but errands while off, I had high hopes of reading a lot and that isn't happening. But at least I'm getting stuff done. Today, I am going to make some banana bread and possibly some dog biscuits. And take hubby to the doctor. After that, I might read. My time off has gone pretty fast, going back to work on Tuesday. I've been better at tracking for the past 3 days but not perfect. Progress.

@mysticlizard your burritos, and rellenos, sound fantastic! I am enjoying my time off, although I am not doing much of anything besides errands.

@shellyld2016 great idea to go hiking while on vacation!

@cbabie I hope you feel better soon. Here's to a better 2017!

@theslightedgeforever no I have not. I need to look on youtube to find some. Plus, I haven't been doing anything that aggravates it so no problems. Not tracking = weight gain for me too. I haven't been good at tracking for the past month, and I haven't gotten on the scale. I think I will this morning.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:

Well I slept most of yesterday and have laid around most of today. No exercise for me today. My throat is raw from coughing, but I think it's dehydration more. I feel a little better today, eyeballs don't feel like they are being pulled out of my sockets.LOL

@trooworld Glad you are getting something done. That was my intent this long weekend...so I had better hurry and feel more active..LOL Did you say dog biscuts? how do you make those?
    @theslightedgeforever I hope you feel better soon and don't get the cold back..I rebuke that. I never get sick and once is too many, let alone twice. :) I have been babying my ears...they sometimes hurt and I get earaches like none other when I do get them. So been trying to prevent that.

Okay I have to work from home today...don't want to take Vacation day. I have worked to many and said I was on vacation, so today I work a little and take NO vacation day.

Cbabie
  • cathyfalcone9819
    cathyfalcone9819 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to slow down and let your body heal
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,

@shellyld2016 - Your pictures are lovely. Enjoy all those wonderful sights and beautiful weather.

@theslightedgeforever - You are a data nerd like me lol. Figuring out the patterns makes it possible to figure out what we need to do to make a change.

@trooworld - Time does seem to fly. I hope you are getting in a little down time. The banana bread sounds yummy.

@cbabie - I hope you start feeling better. Take care of yourself.

@gemwolf110, @bugmom92, and @lore11a - I am thinking about you. I hope you are doing well.

I have been kiting off again in the last few days, I have not been really focused on my health. We gave middle daughter (17) a raclette grill for Christmas. She used one in Germany this summer and loved it. It is much like doing fondue (which we enjoy). So anyway she is having a few friends over and asked me to join them to raclette. Then tomorrow she and one of her friends is going with me to the Cities to pick up youngest daughter at the airport (she went to the oldest son's house in WY). The girls want to go to White Castle to eat. White Castle isn't really my thing but I will be able to go to the Asian markets and Trader Joe's (Yay!) while we are up there.

I have distilled all my goals for this year into one goal

1. Make healthy food choices, stay within my calorie goals, and log everything.
    2. Exercise at least five hours a week, every week.
    3. Stress will not rule me, I will rule stress.

I am being purposeful in my daily actions to become the healthy active balanced person that I want to be.

Ladies, I hope everyone has the best year ever. Happy 2017. <3

Liz

• cbabie
    Options
    Happy New Years to all of you. I am still not feeling the best. I just realized I was sweating and I think I actually had a fever. Not cool. I have to be at church in an hour, so I have to make the is quick.

I am so glad that I have met you all this past year. YOU are making this journey much more enjoyable.

I am making my health a priority. Exercise and vitamins are very important to me. Healthy eating will only make my life better.

I am glad my family all had a safe New Year's Eve, and I am so looking forward to 2017!

Cbabie
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi ladies,

@gemwolf110 - Way to do on your steps! Yay on the new fridge.

@cbabie - Sending prayers and happy thoughts to you to feel better.

@trooworld - Enjoy your last day of vacation off.

I got my youngest home. We were on the road late so my food choices were poor. I logged it and will move on to do better tomorrow. I didn't get my exercise in either. I am motivated to do better tomorrow. I know I will feel better if I exercise.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. <3

Liz

I am being purposeful in my daily actions to become the healthy active balanced person that I want to be.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Did you get on the scale yet? Remember its all just data. To help you see where you are and and how far you want to go. I successfully tracked all my food today despite how bad it was.

cbabie How are you feeling now? Maybe if you had a fever it would have been better to stay home from church and rest. or maybe your sweating was from a hot flash ;)

@cathyfalcone9819 I agree with you on letting your body heal. Welcome to the group.

mysticlizard data nerd
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    GRRRR It truncated my message to mystic lizard I had lots of insights I found in there oh well I guess Ill write about my insight tomorrow.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    brjl2jr7ud3e.png

Hello ladies!! I'm hoping to be back in full force this year!!!

@theslightedgeforever : LOVE ❤️ THE QUOTE!! I need to print it out!!!
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @cbabie I see some posts saying you're not feeling well. Will say a prayer for you to get better soon!! Hugs
    @gemwolf110 Love the Bitmoji!! Lol. How do you like the Fitbit? I'm thinking of getting one this year.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @mysticlizard.. Great goals for the New Year. Don't worry we all make poor food choices sometimes, depending on the circumstances.
    @gemwolf110.. Congratulations on your new refrigerator, I know you will enjoy it. Sounds like you have been busy around the house. It is always makes you feel good. Awesome number of steps to end the year.
    @cbabie...I hope you feel better soon. Praying for your speedy recovery. I love your attitude about being positive on life. To answer your question, I walk on the treadmill a lot using an incline. I also do Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone, ride my stationery bike and every once in a while to my Wii.
    @trooworld...Enjoy your time off. Sometimes even though you are busy with errands, it is good not to have to go to work.
    @theslightedgeforever...Good job tracking all your food. I have decided to do that very thing even if I go over my calories.
    I hope 2017 is a better year for all of us. Needless to say, I didn't make my December goal of losing 2 pounds. What was I thinking? All the holiday meals and snacks. It is definitely time to get with it and do better now. I mentioned in an earlier post, I got an Air Fryer for Christmas. So far I really like it. I have tried cooking Steak, Hot Wings and Sweet Potato Fries. They turned out really well and you don't have all the grease. Well I have to get busy. My Mom fell last Thursday and thank God didn't break anything, but she has a bad sprained ankle and had to have a walking boot. She just turned 83 and is having a little trouble manuvering around, so I am going over to help out.
    Talk to you all soon!
    Lore11a
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,

@theslightedgeforever - I hate when the computer eats part of my post.

@peruviansweetie - I will cheer you on on your journey this year.

@lore11a - I am sorry about your mom, I am glad it wasn't any worse but sprains can be really painful too. I am excited for you and your new air fryer. I would like to get one. I look forward to hearing about all the things you cook in it.

@cbabie - I hope you are starting to feel better.

I got my hour of exercise in so I am happy with my accomplishment. My food choices are good so far today, I hope to remain mindful and make good choices. This month I am going to keep a running tally on the bottom of my posts so that when I come to post daily, I can see what progress I am making with my goals. Maybe if I keep it in front of my face it will help me to be more mindful and stay on track.

I hope everyone has a good day. <3

January Goals
    CW 239
    1. Log all food 1 out of 31 days
    2. Exercise 25 hours (1500 minutes) this month 60 minutes

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. I've been reading all of your posts for a while and from what I've read, you are all doing great in your weight loss journey. I joined WW about 17 years ago and became a Lifetime member within about 4 months, as I didn't have that much to lose. I've managed to stay at goal all this time. 5 years ago I lost even more weight and am now between 15 to 18 pounds below my goal weight. This year as of Jan. 1st, I've decided to give up on WW for 2 reasons. One being, I haven't counted calories or points in quite a while and no longer feel as though I need to go to WW even if it's only to weigh in once a month. My second and biggest reason for quitting is that there is absolutely zero support at all from the staff when you stay below goal for as long as I have now. The leaders are always making faces and a few of them even ask why I still belong there. Up until now I've always just ignored them. However, around mid December I began asking myself that question. Since I haven't been following the WW diet plan anyway, and have been doing just fine on my own, it's finally time to cut the strings with WW and continue with simply exercising and eating the way I have been. I eat small meals every 2 hours due to a hiatal hernia, and gastric reflux disease. I'm also on a gluten free diet due to celiacs disease. I have a very active job that nets at least 10,000 + steps a day. For exercise, I do HIIT workouts like; Insanity, Insanity Max 30, Focus T-25, and Turbo Fire. I Powerlift 3 times a week for an hour at the gym. This is what helps maintain all of the weight I lost and one of the main reasons why I don't have to count calories or points. I am currently using the Fitbit Charge HR 2 and Apple Watch Series 2 that I got for my B-Day and Christmas to keep track of my TDEE. I like the Apple Watch a lot, but I like the Fitbit App more since it has everything all in one App without the need to sync with other Apps to track things like Water and sleep. The Fitbit App is much more user friendly, IMHO.
    Well, enough for now. I know ALL of you will meet your goals in 2017!!!
    This was my day after 8 hours of work and an hour of Power lifting at the gym.
  • nanpask
    nanpask Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to go to WW. Didn't like that they keep changing the way points are done. I just got userd to one way, then they changed to smart points. Too confusing & also money got tight.