NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Hello, just checking in...my life seems to be in a whirlwind..I am ready to get off the ride. LOL My life has been so out of whack and so has my eating..but the last birthday celebration was last night, so I think I can get my eating under control. Friday driving home from the rehab hospital, I had chest pains so bad it scared me...they stopped, but then I got it again late Friday night. Everyone was in bed, but myself and I just sat and took deep breaths and waited, they passed. So I knew it was time for me to strive to get ME back. I am working on that and now realize I have an hour to get to church...oh my. I think I am going to be late.

I have read all the post and don't have the time right now to respond, but it's so great seeing you all interact with each other and we are all learning things from each others journal of our life. YEA...Thanks so much for all the support

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    Hi all! Well I lost 5+ lbs on the 26 days I was on Whole30. I'm glad I did it but not sure I would do it again. Today I have to pack for my trip. I don't know if I will be checking in with you all while I'm away or not, I'll try to but I won't have my computer with me and all I'll have is my phone and my Kindle Fire tablet.

@NEOhiogirl it definitely was restrictive. I'm glad to have had the experience. Great job staying OP! Sleep is so important, I'm glad you are making that a goal. Snowshoes, that sounds fun.

@gemwolf110 fried raviolis sound right up my alley!

@theslightedgeforever we did the Whole30 about 26 days. Yeah, it was hard. Consistency is key, and that is something I know but still have problems with.

@cbabie I agree with gemwolf110, it's better to get it checked out than to cause damage and have health problems. Go to the doctor!
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    hi all ive been MIA for a while now bu im back & rejoining ww tomorrow im afraid the festive season got the better of me lol hope everyones well kate xxxx
  • cbabie
    edited February 2017
    Hi
    @gemwolf110 @trooworld
    unfortunately yes. Long history, dad has had heart attacks and has pace maker and quadruple bypass..his dad lived on nitro pills.
    I understand the need to see a doctor...I think it's stress, but will keep an eye on myself the next couple of days and if I feel the slightest twinge I will do something..I don't have a dr anymore ..if u don't go they give u up. Lol. So it would have to be urgent care. So I will be careful promise.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    Another day of staying under carbs and calories no exercise rest day

Hi danka

cbabie go to dr if it happens again

trooworld what guidelines will you be following now

gemwolf lets make this month a losing month.

rickweinberg did your daughter take you hostage while shes being grounded?

Where is everyone else?
  • trooworld
    @cbabie okay just be careful

@theslightedgeforever I don't have any guidelines per se, I'm just trying to make mindful decisions.
  • cbabie
    Morning:
    Okay I have done my 30 min walk on my treadmill. I don't have time for my weights, but it's a start. I have made my lunch...salad!!! YUM going to jump in the shower and rush to work. Oh my computer is so slow...it's typing every other letter...I have to go up to the rehab hospital after work so I will be home late, but I am on the track I want to be today...Love that I got my walk in and my lunch made. I also finished up my laundry this morning..

I say we all make this a losing month...

sorry to not reply to all, running behind but the walk was important to me.

Cbabie
  • dankas001
    Hi folks back at class today slight gain since xmas hopefully onwards n downwards I agree WW not the same I preferred old community sites not the same glad ive got this one hope everyone having a good Monday kate xx
  • dankas001
    Hi Gem had family staying over xmas here for 4 weeks thing settling down again cheers xx
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    After 6 days of tracking on MFP and trying to stay close to the sodium guidelines (not going into low sodium yet), and drinking no soda, I noticed that hubby's belly has shrunk! His BP was high, and all his numbers were bad, except blood sugar, so he isn't eligible for the discount on insurance his company provides. It was time to do something. I'm so proud of him! Anyway, off to work in the rain, I'll check in later.
    Karla
  • theslightedgeforever
    trooworld mindful choices are a good start.

cbabie yaay on putting yourself first.

danka having extra people in the house can harm a routine, at least for me. Now your back on track and can focus on you.

karla. Yaaay on hubby's numbers. Its good having a support system at home and you as a role model

gemwolf I was rooting for Falcons myself. glad your fiance is better. Hope you don't get sick. I have to go tomorrow for my annual blood tests. Blood sugar will be high on my 3 month test but was good today. Now to make a whole bunch of "todays"

I was over a bit on carbs and calories I walked 2 hrs in the mall waiting on my daughter. I just kept going round and round.

My fitbit quit charging so I have no idea about my steps
  • cbabie
    Morning

I have and am having to make some hard decision about my dad and today I cleaned my bathroom and it made me feel normal and healthy. I feel like all of my normal has been out of the window for so long and wanting my health and life back...LOL I have my lunch made, going to get on the treadmill as soon as I finish typing this. I have a slew of meetings all day and then some personal things to tend to tonight..so trying to start right with exercise.

I will try to get back to personals tomorrow..that will for sure be a huge step in the right direction. I will tell you watching my dad be a shell of what he was is devastating and it makes you really want to watch you stats...

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Hi all! I leave today for Tucson. I am still not packed and won't be until about an hour before the shuttle picks me up. I'm sure I'll forget something even though I made a list.

@cbabie great job with the lunch and the walk. I'm sorry you are going through this with your dad, it must be very hard to watch.

@bugmom92 that's great that hubby is in on it now too!

@gemwolf110 Your poor baby bichon! Yeah, maybe the antibiotics for sure...are you giving it to her with food? If not, maybe that would help. I think I would call the vet.
  • HappyBride917
    HappyBride917 Posts: 27 Member
    I've been away from the board for a while! Thinking of completely dropping my weight watchers membership. I might sign up for beachbody on demand...opinions? They're running a special right now, it's only $99 for the year! That's two months of weight watchers!
  • cbabie
    Morning. I have to leave early for work. I got my walk in but I lunch made. I will be looking for group homes.
  • rickweinberg
    rickweinberg Posts: 53 Member
    Hello All,
    I made poor choices last week, but I'm back on track. I am trying to make my mistake one step back and two steps forward.

@theslightedgeforever I think sometimes our memories have gotten worse because we can look stuff up on our phones, never having to remember a phone number, a birthday and have lists for everything. I will keep peddling. Remember how I mentioned a long bike ride this summer. Well I suggested it to my wife and she did not freak out. Of course she does not want anything to happen to me. This means I really must lose weight to prepare for the ride. Now I really have a good reason, or well, another good reason to lose weight. The daughter is actually nicer to us when she does not have technology and is stuck with us. She actually talks to us as a form of entertainment.

@trooworld and @cbabie Things are working out. The daughter is grounded and doing her homework lately. This should help. I still think she is walking to a convenient store after school to get potato chips. That is not in the plan for being grounded. I am going to have to talk to her about that. The heat and hot water are all good now. Glad it got figured out and it did not cost us any more money.

@gemwolf110 I am so glad the job interview went well. If you did your best you have nothing to worry about. We are all pulling for you. My daughter is in advanced Algebra. I could probably help her but I'm pretty sure there is no way she will let me. Daughter has been thinking about the military lately. Physically she would be great. I worry about war and stuff though.

@mysticlizard I too want to know about your goals. Do they automatically go into your posts somehow or do you copy and paste them each time? And Yes...two steps forward. When I am on a stationary bike I can only really go for an hour max. Boring and my butt starts to hurt. Outside I can peddle for 7 hours in a day.

@jenmek You should stick around with this discussion. We would love to have your vast knowledge. This is a good group. Very motivational.

@NEOHgirl When I was faithful to WW I could easily lose 1-3 pounds a week. Many of the fellow WW members were not jealous but more surprised I could lose weight so easily once I put my mind to it. When I first lost 56 pounds I had only one week when I gained. That is like one step back and a whole bunch of steps forward. Not all journeys are the same. My daughter scared my wife and I. I hope she never does that again but she probably will. Teenagers.

@dankas001 Welcome back. The more the merrier. You have a beautiful dog in your profile picture.

@cbabie Your health is important. I had chest pains once. Went to the hospital. They noticed that my heart was skipping beats. It was determined by a cardiologist that it was nothing. The pain was caused by a major problem with acid reflux. I took Nexium for about 2 years and now I am all good.

@mmcjtink How is the Yoga going? I've not seen you on here in a while. You are right about drinking water. I think all of us could drink more water. Making your self go to the gym even when you are tired is good. Working out usually gives me energy.

@happybride917 I have to tell you that I eat pretty similar things now compared to when I was attending WW. It can get frustrating not losing. Here is the my thinking. Prove to your self that scientifically MFP does not work. Once you have done that by being faithful to the plan, you should have zero regrets sticking with or going back to WeightWatchers. I know it is expensive but the way I feel when I am at goal so much makes up for the cost. Can you put a price on good health?

Headed to Yoga tonight. I need to call first to make sure it is going. Spin class tomorrow night. So many people are scared to try a spin class at the Y but I say, "hey, everyone had to start somewhere." I wonder what we all could do if we were not afraid? I'm trying to read "The Children Act" by Ian McEwan. Book group book. It is good but all this other stuff in my life seems to interfere. Just not enough time to do everything that I want to do. I got a 4 season tent in preparation for my bike trip. Daughter and I put it together in the living room. It is nice. Not sure I want to set it up an tear it down each day. After riding 60-70 miles the tent might be a bit much. My biggest fear are the ticks. I want protection from them as I sleep. That is all for now. Sorry it took me so long to post something.

Rick
  • cbabie
    Morning:

OMG guys I can't seem to get off this horrible cycle of eating. I crave something sweet, I eat too many carbs..it's late when I get home and I am hungry and eat a PB sandwich..I NEVER used to eat real PB, always made mine from powdered PB..I found my dad a group home, it's right down the street from me. I think he will like it once he accepts that this is where life took him..I am praying. I have been walking, so that is good, but the eating has to get back on track. I MISS my healthy food. I am just so tired, don't want to cook all that..LOL

@rickweinberg I love reading your post. Yes I raised 2 teenagers (girls) both ran away at some point. 1 I didn't know where she was for 2 weeks...Parenting is hard no matter what. Children are different, parents are different and life sometimes just throws you a curve. You have a great attitude and your daughter will/does know you love her. That's what I see the biggest need in families is that children KNOW that they are loved, they have that family interaction that is positive, disciplined, (boundaries) activity as a family. Some how, we got away from that. Just going for a bike ride...doesn't cost anything but a little of time and you can ride anywhere, have a picnic, got back home and be relaxed. (sorry, this is one of my passions)

@HappyBride917 My daughter does beachbody and loves it..me never finished it..LOL

Hope the rest of you join in today...I thank God everyday for this board.

Cbabie
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Hi all,

I had a sick friend I had to go spend a few days with. She doesn't have internet and my phone was acting wonky down there. I am back now and ready to refocus.

For those of you who have asked, I cut and paste my goals and change the color of the words for each posts. It forces me to read my goals and update them daily so they are always fresh in my mind.

I hope everyone has a good day. <3

Liz

February Goals
    1 January 2017 239 1 Feb 234.8
    1. Log all food out 2 of 28 days Under calories 2 of 28 days Over calories 16 of 31 days Protein goal 0 of 28 days
    2. Exercise 16 hours (960 minutes) 135
    3. Managing stress 3 out of 28 days

I am being purposeful in my daily actions to become the healthy active balanced person that I want to be.
  • rickweinberg
    rickweinberg Posts: 53 Member
    I had a good day today. I was very happy at work. Was very productive. Stayed on plan. Exercised. I did yoga yesterday and went to spin class tonight. I really pushed it tonight. I was under my calories today by 6 calories. That was close. Tomorrow is Friday. Unless we get more snow I will not be cross country skiing. If I can't ski, I should swim. I may just take the dog for a walk tomorrow as my exercise. He would like that. Have a great day everyone. Also, have a great weekend.
  • theslightedgeforever
    I have not followed my plan for two days. It's amazing how easily I can get distracted. I had book club tonight and didn't order dessert but took a bite of two different desserts for a taste. Oh even passed up on a donut they passed out. We read 100 days of Happiness. A man got cancer and was given 3 months to live. He loved donuts and would eat one every day. This was his journey to the end. Really makes you think. I passed on the donut because of diabetes not death now that I think about it. Perspectives. Hmmm....@rickweinberg. A good selection for your bookclub. The author had an Italian name and there's a pic of a donut on the cover.

So back to my plan which will be modified for the next two days My friends are throwing me a bday party and I'm going to have chocolate cake and then on Saturday which is actually my bday. My family is taking me out So I will be following my plans for the other meals.