NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    @cbabie and @theslightedgeforever.. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad passing. May God give both of you comfort and peace as only he can. You all are in my prayers.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    edited March 2017
    lore11a Thanks for the condolences. I'll look into the Zumba Gold

gemwolf Thanks for the condolences. Will your health journey be easier with this job change?

trooworld woohoo on 2.4 lbs That extra walking must be working.

Before I forget here's the link to the WW meeting highlights.
    https://youtu.be/FdVHvtJM5GA

Watching this video, it made me think about weekly points and splurging and how to incorporate it here. I have different calorie levels for different days. Thursdays and Saturdays are my highest as I know I'm probably going to eat more that day.

I don't remember if I told you all but my blood test results came back in. I thought it would show I had jumped from prediabetes to diabetes but evidently my morning numbers are higher so my average showed I'm closer now to normal range. So while the weight thing isn't going anywhere, my eating plan has helped with not getting diabetes. woohoo Big load off my mind for another year. Now I have one year to get it down even more. My bad cholesterol is a little high but overall was 177. So he said nothing to worry about there. So I will look into foods that will lower my LDL levels.

Dh and I are going to support each other with exercise this upcoming week. That's our goal.

• theslightedgeforever
    I did NOT lose my 1 lb this week needless to say. Unfortunately I'm an emotional eater. But that doesn't solve anything so I'm determined to lose my lb.

How did you do?

btbb7tzdj9p3.gif
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @cbabie and @theslightedgeforever I am so sorry for your loss. It must be particularly hard because it wasn't expected. Please be sure and take good care of yourselves and not beat yourselves up if you eat something that isn't healthy. Try not to eat your feelings and if you feel overwhelmed or stressed, take a walk. I know you said you are eating whatever, but don't do that for an extended time--- it gets hard to get back on the wagon. ((( HUGS ))) to you both. I understand why you were just "people" and I also understand why you are telling us this now.

@theslightedgeforever yay for your blood numbers! Be kind to yourself (you too, @cbabie). I weighed myself today and I still show that 2.4 lb loss, so I'll take it.

You know what I think made the difference this week? Not the walking, I usually walk the dog on the weekends anyway, it was that I drank enough water. Your body needs water to process everything and I wasn't drinking enough water. This week, I drank at least 44 oz sometimes a lot more. Other than this week, some days I'm lucky to get in 22 oz of water.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2017
    trooworld Yaay on that weight loss sticking. I don't get as much water as I need. One of the things I have to work on. I did exercise though finally. 10 min of elliptical and 20 min weights. I also tracked my food

food-over on cals and carbs
  • trooworld
    You are doing great, @theslightedgeforever .

Hi all! It's Monday morning and I'm dreading the week. Not for any particular reason, I'm just in need of a vacation. I'll get one in July, but July's a long ways away. I could take off the day after Memorial Day, or the Friday before. I might do that.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning all

I am going to try to get back to good eating habits. I really either haven't been hungry or just grabbed what was here..PB sandwich mostly. I have to go to work today, but not really in the mood. I have so many things to do that are not related to work. LOL

I most likely will not be great on the exercise this week as my husband is home and I never get to seem to be able to do that when he is here. Mostly as when I am up everyone is asleep.

@trooworld you know walking does make a difference. It's also a stress release. Thank you for you kind words. I have noticed that I haven't drank as much and it shows in my skin and my going to the bathroom as often.

@lore11a Thank you for your prayers! I hope you enjoy the zumba...not sure I can do that. no coordination here.LOL It's good to know you are reading even if you don't have time to reply. Glad you are able to take your parents back and forth. I am thankful that you are able as well. I see so many of our elderly people not taken care of.

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the new bikes.! I am sure you will enjoy them. Well when you finally get in your new position, you will be saying it was worth the wait! :) Thank you for your prayers and hugs.

@theslightedgeforever I didn't lose my lb either. Congrats on the diabetic report!!

Okay I have to go get things done.
    I hope you all have a great day and I hope to see more of our regulars.

Cbabie
  • rickweinberg
    rickweinberg Posts: 53 Member
    I am so proud of all of you who check into this board everyday. Keep it up. I hope I'm back.
  • cbabie
    edited March 2017
    @rickweinberg We hope you are back too!
  • trooworld
    Hi all! Well Monday went relatively quickly. I'm not in the mood to be at work, we are having a problem at home: mice! This new apartment (we moved in in August) has been nothing but problems. We have decided to move when our lease is up in July. At least this time we have time to look for a place that works for us. In the meantime, we are trying to get rid of the mice.

@rickweinberg yay! Rick is back! :smile: Welcome back, Rick.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2017
    trooworld Maybe plan on taking that day in May. Nice to have something to look forward to. Yuck I hate mice. We are having water problems. I'll take the water problem.

cbabie Could you walk around outside for 15 min during your lunchtime or you once said your office has bikes you can use. You need some stress relief right now.

rickweinberg Welcome back. Once in a while I hibernate. Sometimes nothing to say or I just don't feel like it. But I try to post because it reminds me of my health journey and I'm either winning or not.

I stumbled on a Youtube channel called The Skinny on Weight Loss. Two twins who are on WW. They are on Week 66. But I went back to Week 1.https://youtube.com/watch?v=VkI-uMLPKpM&t=1s You can tell they've lost weight. They were the ones that mentioned the tortilla chip trick. I've been watching one a day. You can listen to these videos while commuting back and forth to work if you don't have time to just sit and watch. Yesterday they mentioned two good websites. skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com

So looking on skinnytaste I saw a recipe skinnytaste.com/skillet-cauliflower-arroz-con-pollo/featuring Green Giant Riced Veggies. Its frozen cauliflower "rice". They have different kinds. Some with carrots and peas, some with sweet potatoes, some with broccoli. I'm a pretty routine shopper and always get what I usually get. Maybe that's why I weigh what I usually weigh. So this is a lower cal/carb option. Time saver too for those that don't have lots of time to cook.

• trooworld
    Hello all! I actually stayed under my calories yesterday (which means I tracked!) and I went to the gym for the first time in months. I was only on the bike for 12 minutes before my husband was ready to go home (he had been there already for about an hour). But 12 minutes is better than nothing. I pretracked all my food today. Hopefully nobody brings in junk to the break room. I'll just have to stay out of there if they do.

@theslightedgeforever I think I will take that day off in May. I hate that we have this problem. Thanks for the link to the YouTube, I like watching videos on weight loss, budgeting, etc. I often get recipes from both of those websites, they have great recipes. I don't generally like cauliflower rice but I might try that recipe, maybe I'll change my mind.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2017
    trooworld woohoo on tracking and the gym I always learn something from these ladies. I'm up to week 7 with them and one was talking about how she is not an exercise lover. If she does it 3-4 times a week she is satisfied. And she keeps losing consistently each week because of her food. It made me think that I'm still trying to do things perfectly. 6 days of exercise, staying under my food budgets, etc. People who get B's in school still pass. I tried that dish for dinner. I really enjoyed it. I didn't really taste the cauliflower. It was easy. I added cantaloupe on the side. It filled me up as I usually snack at night but didn't feel the need to. I would definitely make this again.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    @cbabie and @theslightedgeforever (((Hugs))), prayers, and healing thoughts to both of you.

The new job is going well. I signed on at Lowe's working in the garden department. I am on my feet and moving a lot. I am really enjoying it after being desk bound for so long. Middle daughter informed me last night that she has 42 days of school until HS graduation. I am excited for her and I am excited for me, four down and one to go next year. Well I need to get moving.

Hi to everyone and happy thoughts to all.

Liz
  • trooworld
    Hi all! Today is yoga day at work, we have an optional yoga class that I will attend. I love yoga but I constantly run up against my weight: I can't bend this way because my stomach is in the way, I can't bend that way because my weight is so great that I can't hold the pose. I can't I can't I can't! I'm sick of that. I want to lose this weight so I can bend like a normal person during yoga! It's supposed to be stress-relieving but it's actually a little stressful for me because I AM a perfectionist and can't do all of the poses.

@theslightedgeforever that looks really good. I'm definitely going to have to try it. I watched one of their videos yesterday (the most recent), it was good. I like what you say about people with Bs still pass. It's true. I am also a perfectionist. If I can't do it perfectly, I won't do it at all. Not a good attitude. I think I'm getting better about that though.

@mysticlizard that's great, do you know a lot about plants? I couldn't work in the gardent dept because I have a black thumb lol. The only thing I don't kill is cacti. :) Congrats to your daughter for her upcoming graduation, that is exciting!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Finally did some exercise. Walked 38 min around the neighborhood. I've also upped my intake of water
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Good morning everyone!!
    It is finally Friday and I hope everyone has a fantastic week-end.
    @mysticlizard..Congratulations on your new job. It sounds like a fun job to have. You get to work with plants and move around a lot. I know it is lots of hard work too!!
    @trooworld..Yoga is harder than it looks. Sometimes you feel like a pretzel. Lol. Just keep at it and soon you will be able to do the poses before you know it. How are your toes doing?
    @theslightedgeforever..Good job on all your exercise and drinking more water.
    @gemwolf110..So glad you had a good vacation. It sounds like you are getting lots of great exercise.
    @cbabie..I hope you are feeling much better.
    Well, unfortunately I have to take my car in for a new timing chain and water pump this morning. Not exactly the way I wanted to spend my day, but my niece lives nearby where I am taking my car, so we may do my new Zumba Dvd. At least I can get some exercise in. Bye for now!!!
  • cbabie
    Morning to all, I am so sorry I have been MIA...with my dad's passing, came lots of grieve and regrets...and then to top that my household got what seem to be flu like symptoms...oh my..Well it's been a week since my dad passed and I am in no better position health wise than I was. I looked in the mirror last night and saw how much weight I have put on and felt sick to my stomach. My health has to be important and I have to stop seeking my grief comfort in food. So today I try again to eat what is good for me physically and see other ways to deal with sadness.

@trooworld I can't do yoga either..but I would love to at least try once a week..start small. Yes I am a perfectionist too, good and bad with that. LOL I congratulate you on your consistency!!! You have been so faithful here and I am so appreciative.

@mysticlizard Congratulations on the graduation!! I am so happy you like your new job. My grandma had a green thumb....she even made the cover of a magazine for her flowers. I got a 10th of that..lol

@theslightedgeforever congrats on walking...me NOTHING..trying today to get more steps in.

Okay I need to go do somethings.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Hi all! Well, I didn't end up going to yoga yesterday because I had a meeting I had to go to. No tai chi today either, instructor was sick. So, no exercise! But tomorrow, I will take the pooch for a walk. That's something.

@theslightedgeforever great job! Last week, it really helped me to up my water intake.

@gemwolf110 a speedy recovery to your youngest pup! I'm glad you had a great vacation. I need one! I hope the weather clears up soon so you can use your bikes.

@lore11a yes it is indeed! Especially when you have extra weight around the middle, it makes it hard to bend. My toes are much better, the big nail on one foot fell off but there was a nail growing underneath, so it's well on the way to being normal again (sorry, might be TMI but...). I hope your car doesn't cost too much. I hate when that happens. Did you get in the Zumba dvd?

@cbabie I'm glad you are going to start taking care of yourself. I was listening to the podcast, "Weight Loss Made Real" and she was lobbying for us to take better care of ourselves. On her website, there is a "Love Menu" which has different aspects of taking care of yourself that you fill out, making a plan, I think you have to sign up for her newsletter to get the freebies like the love menu: http://realweightlossrealwomen.com/