NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    Options
    trooworld I shoot for my 1 lb per week and that's the extent of it. I do know how much I need to lose but don't dwell on it. Just one lb this week. Actually, I concentrate more on my daily actions. They define if I've been successful or not. Did I exercise? Did I stay under my calorie goal? Did I drink my water? If I take care of those each day, usually the scale will show a loss at the end of the week. I'm learning time will pass anyway, so I'm just concentrating on today. What good choices can I make today? I also treat myself during the week so no feeling deprived. I just plan everything in. I totally agree with 80/20. I'm losing the weight the way I will maintain it. I had dessert twice last week just ate half instead of the whole thing. I enjoyed it immensely both times. Savored every bite.

cbabie Sorry you are feeling down. You need a purpose to get out of bed. What's that purpose going to be? You did not wish to be retired one day so you could stay at home in bed. Think of this as practice; dress rehearsal. Hooray for you tracking. That is becoming a habit for you. VBS is good. Some of my favorite memories are helping Aunt Joyce in VBS with 2&3 year olds. Of course now you couldn't get me in there. Can't stand the noise. How about volunteer at a breast cancer center? Go visit the assisted living place where your dad lived and hang out there for an hour. Brighten someone's day. Volunteer at a soup kitchen? Find a place that helps the homeless. So many opportunities out there where you would be a good fit. Even one day a week. But you know me, I could talk to a wall. The wall would have a good time though. lol
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I had a stressful day yesterday and was in pain too...I think arthritis, it was in my back and my back was stiff. BUT I went to the gym anyway and did 25 mins on the treadmill. I tracked everything I ate as well. Under in my calories and carbs. I didn't feed my pain or stress, which was really good...I think at one point in the day the thought flitted into my mind to go to the cafe and get a cookie but I didn't.

@cbabie sometimes the best thing is to go to bed before you eat everything in the kitchen...agreed. I hope the blues go away soon. Yes, I just might listen this time! lol

@theslightedgeforever I like the way you think. Concentrating on your actions--- brilliant.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning:

I am better this morning. I haven't had much sleep, feels normal. LOL I had such a good time at VBS last night.
    I got to teach a lesson and it felt so good to be used for something that could change a life or have an impact on a person. As I told my story, not one sound was heard, none of the youth, adults, children, were distracted. It truly was a God moment. I loved to see Him work. Even the adults got something out of what I had said. I am sitting here crying as I type this, but it's tears of joy, joy at being used to bring life. Well I tracked and was a little over, I didn't walk yesterday either. BUT I TRACKED!

@trooworld I am so sorry you hurt. You kept your goals before you and met them. Congratulations! Just take today as another step.

@theslightedgeforever yes you could talk to a wall!!! :) Funny I had one of my dear friend from work text me yesterday to check in on me and I responded, he came back with you have such a heart you should be working for a non profit agency...helping others. Two in one day...LOL

Okay I hope you all have a great day and stay the course...one step. There was a story told in this class I am doing 21 day prayer and fast...she and her family were walking in the caverns in TN and it was DARK...they had a lantern...but could only see one step in front of them at a time...Sometimes that's all we are supposed to see and do.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Well, I did it: I lost...1.7 lbs!!! I attribute this to honest tracking, drinking enough water and healthy eating. 9.3 lbs to go before I hit my goal! :D

@cbabie I'm not sure what VBS is but I'm so glad you had such a good time. And yay for tracking! :) Yes, one step at a time with the lantern. ;)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon: I was having a rough moment. Got my check from work today, ..I am moving on. I mostly spent the morning chewing on the emotions...but I didn't turn to food. So there is hope for my future..LOL I am actually looking at food differently. I am seeing that I can have a Sweet Potato when others have baked White potatoes. I like them much better anyway...you don't need all the butter and salt. :)

@trooworld VBS is Vacation Bible School. Whoo hoooooooo on the loss. Great way to look at your goal!

okay, I hope all the lurkers come out of hiding.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I hope that you lurkers are just busy and working towards your goals and not quietly struggling. If you need help or support, please say something. That's why we are here!

I had an okay day yesterday. It was quite stressful at work, very busy, an internal dept dropped an urgent request on us and it could have been handled by 2 or 3 people (which is how it started out) but then other people heard about it and soon everyone but 3 people were involved (6-7 people). Too many cooks in the kitchen and I was the point of contact and people kept coming with me with information that wasn't related but they thought it was and I couldn't get any research done on the project because of this kind of thing. It made me grumpy, which made me look kind of not like a team player. I hate that because I'm very much a team player it's just I hate when things are already handled and people jump in and it's overkill. It happens all the time where I work. Anyway, it stressed me out but I did not eat over it.

@cbabie I'm sorry for your rough moment. That would be tough. I like sweet potatoes better too sometimes. That's a great NSV!
  • cbabie
    Options
    @trooworld I am sorry you had such a bad day at work. I have had nothing but bad dreams all day about my company. I dozed off on the couch this morning, had one that I remembered....the others have been me in bed not wanting to get out of bed. And each time I woke up...I knew I had dreamed about work, but couldn't remember it , but woke up feeling stressed. So I understand and I hope it gets better. I also am so proud that you knew food wouldn't change anything..LOL Well maybe if you had fed them and kept their mouths full of food they couldn't come tell you things you already know..LOL

Okay where are the rest of you....

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld yaaay for going to the gym despite being in pain. woohoo on your weight loss. Your plan is working. Work it again this week. And you didn't turn to food when you were stressed at the office. All those things will keep you healthy.

cbabie yaaay on tracking. Are you planning your meals one day in advance? That has helped me stay OP everyday for 3 weeks. I first put in any social events and plan what I'm going to eat there plus dessert. Then I choose my breakfast. Basically I rotate my favorite meals throughout the week and whatever I had last Sunday morning is what I'm having this Sunday morning. I just copy/paste. Then I put in my two snacks. One is 150 cals and one is 100 cals. Then lunch is always leftovers or I made a pizza out of wrap bread the other day. Then when I wake up the next day I know exactly what I'm going to eat. If something comes up that I need to rearrange one of my meals, I do so but then check my calories to see that I'm still below. If not, I rearrange them too. Sometimes I end up taking 3/4 c serving vs the 1 c that was planned. I was shocked at how little time the daily planning really takes. it's so worth it.

I didn't realize I hadn't checked in. Sometimes I fall in a hole and just don't know it. lol I'm slowly recovering after my illness. Still not up to 100% on my exercise levels but I'm getting there. I'm exercising just not at the speeds I was. I'll add back in strength training this week. Just drop a set and work my way back up.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I tracked yesterday, I was a little over and no exercise. It was a day of well I spent 3 hours in bed...just cause. I am just glad I am tracking...now to get back into my routine of exercise.

@theslightedgeforever glad you found your way out of the black hole and back to the boards.

@trooworld I hope you are having a great Sunday.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I had a great day yesterday, I woke up, had coffee and went to the park and walked for 30 minutes. Then, I went and got healthy groceries. Last night, we met one of my dear friends and her fiance for drinks and caught up on what they had been doing. It was a lot of fun. Today, I am meeting a friend for a nice walk. I think I will see if she wants to walk at the beach. I only live about 15 minutes from the beach but hardly ever go there...that's a crime! So, maybe I'll pop in a picture from my walk later. I hope you all are having a great day. I'm a bit in pain, my arthritis in my back is hurting, but I'm gettin' it done!

@cbabie I hate when I have bad dreams about work. I'm sorry you had those. I hate that feeling when you wake up like that. Tracking is so helpful, I'm glad you are doing that.

@theslightedgeforever thanks yes it is working! I'm glad you are on the mend.
  • trooworld
    Options
    qamfb84b9ans.jpg
    Here are my friend and me at the beach. It was a nice day, we walked 1 hour 9 minutes.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2017
    Options
    cbabie Just take one day at a time. What's your planned exercise time? The idea of you have all day to do it doesn't work. Believe me.

trooworld Nice pic. I'd like to be walking on a beach but the temps need to be good. Actually I don't like walking in sand, even if it burns more calories. I do like walking next to a beach on a paved surface. lol It is a crime you don't get to the beach more. Nice stress relief environment.

I was good with my calories and water and no exercise. So tomorrow is a busy day but I will fit it in somewhere.

Here's the WW meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/qRr5h34KpGU

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I ate lunch so late yesterday (3pm) that I didn't end up eating dinner at all. I did end up having a Skinny Cow ice cream bar at about 8pm. I was under my calories by 132, but over my carbs. Our refrigerator started to go out Saturday night, I thought we had fixed it by unplugging it and plugging it back in but then it started to go out again last night, so I have to deal with that again this morning. I hope everyone has a great day.

@theslightedgeforever ah, me neither, that's why we walked on the boardwalk! lol I forgot to mention that. :) It's a paved boardwalk that goes for miles. We share the boardwalk with rollerbladers, bike riders, and skateboarders. Thanks for the highlights. Good job on the cals and water.
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Not good times here for our beautiful Province. 180 wildfires burning around the Province with 40,000 people evacuated from their homes. Very scary. We are fine here in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland as well as the Kootenays, Northern BC and Vancouver Island but otherwise its NASTY!! Our dear friends are pretty sure their summer cabin at Loon Lake is GONE and because its only water access, no insurance. If its in your "DNA" please say a little prayer for your Canadian neighbours here in B.C.

Carol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld I hope you can get your fridge fixed vs having to buy a new one. A boardwalk......I've loved that term since I was a kid. Don't know why. More romantic I think. or fantasy. My mom always said I live in a fantasy world. Sometimes that's better than the real one. lol Great job on staying under calories. I did very well tonight. Went to a friends house and because I had not eaten my snacks or dinner, I was able to stay within budget. Even though the quality of my food was not the greatest.

cmedwards Oh my that's awful. Prayers sent up. Especially for you friends. That cabin sounds like a dream. I bet the scenery was beautiful there.

cbabie Did you exercise today? I had a super busy day and ended up mall walking while out buying a baby gift. I'm glad I did otherwise I would have had a big fat zero for exercise today.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I lost 2.7 lbs this week

For some reason my graphic is not showing up on my computer. I can see it attached but don't see it in the post. Oh well, you all know what it looks like.

Aim for losing one lb this next week.

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I had kind of a bad night last night. I was in pain (arthritis in my back) and when I got home from getting my haircut at 7:20, my dinner should have been done (hubby was supposed to cook dinner while I was gone because we had to go to bed at 8 to get up at 4:30 to get to work by 6:30), but there was a mishap with dinner and it wasn't started. He was thawing fish when I got home, so I reached for SmartPop Kettle Corn, did not weigh or measure it, just grabbed the bag and went to town. :( I'll pay for that later, I'm sure.

@cmedwards52 oh my, I'm so sorry for the wild fires...we get those here in CA too. Very scary. Thinking good thoughts for you.

@theslightedgeforever well, the good news is that we rent, so we wouldn't be paying for it regardless. But they think they fixed it. I know, I like that term too (boardwalk), it brings to mind fun, food (for me), and family and fantasy! Great job, staying under budget! And wow, what a loss! Congrats! Yeah the graphic is a tiny little thumbnail bummer, I like it.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning;
    I tracked yesterday, but didn't do so well..work was a part of my day...won't go there.
    I didn't exercise, but you know I feel more in control of my life.

@theslightedgeforever who hoooo great job on the loss!! I think you found your sweet spot as they call it.

@trooworld Sorry about the fridge...i hope your day at work get better.

@cmedwards52 Praying for your area...As i sit and watch our world..sometimes I just shake my head.

Thank you all for being an important part of my life.

Cbabie
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone. I'm really not in a very good place right now. Not sure if its the sad news of our friends' loss or what. I just need to pick myself up and get back on track I guess. Helps to "talk" to you. Thanks for that!
    Carol
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Tomorrow through Saturday, I will be going to Comic-Con International, which is the world's largest pop culture convention and it takes place here in San Diego. My hubby and I go every year. We pack our own food in a cooler so we don't spend so much money. I'll be walking somewhere between 17,000-22,000 steps a day. I'll probably be in pain (my back is already in pain), but it will be so much fun. I'm so excited!

@cbabie I'm glad you tracked. That's good.

@cmedwards52 ((( HUGS )))