NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    Hi all. Back to work for me today. I'm off tomorrow to take my hubby to a medical appt. I'm still tired from the convention. I am looking forward to getting back to eating normally after eating in survival mode while at the convention (meaning: whatever was easy, convenient or cheap or all 3). Yesterday, I ate kind of bad too.

@threecharms congratulations! Awesome loss!

@cmedwards52 I'm so sorry about your friends' cabin. That's terrible.
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Good Morning

Well we are back to beautiful sunshine here so its out to my garden this morning.

Had a really bad night last night. Almost NO sleep. HATE THAT and no idea WHY!!

Had my little girls here yesterday and I must admit I was not too good with my food choices. I really need to be more organized for their Grandpa and I when they visit and not eat "their" stuff (hot dogs, fries etc).

Must run and get a few "inside" jobs done before I head outside. Don't want to sit still too long in case I fall asleep. Seems to be much easier to do in the daytime hours. Go figure.

Have a good one everyone.

Cheers, Carol
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning! Well I did get on the treadmill, didn't do so well yesterday, but still no sweets. I am only doing no sweets 1 week more. Then I will do in moderation. I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain. so that's a plus!!!

@cmedwards52 I am so sorry your friends lost their cabin. For some reason my mind went to the book The Shack. Yes sometimes we can enjoy what our grand-kids eat and sometimes we have to remember they have way more metabolism that we do. LOL

@trooworld Glad you go to see Karla, it's always a small world isn't it. Yes back to staying in charge of what we eat and do. :)

@threecharms Great job, yes it's funny our bodies know what they need if we just would listen to them. :) I am so happy you had a loss. (This is the only place we can say that and it be a good thing) :wink:

okay off to do some errands

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    I lost 1.9 lbs this week. Now onto next week.

fqgi8igxq1st.gif
  • theslightedgeforever
    cbabie Even though you gave into emotions you did not turn to eating. That is progress. Actually feeling the emotions is healthier than trying to numb them with food, alcohol, or whatever your drug of choice may be. So pat yourself on the back.

trooworld So cool you met Karla. Just now I read your post saying you loved the WW tv show. My mind read it as Weight Watchers and I said, they had a TV show?? :) That would have been good to see. lol Then when you wrote superhero the lightbulb in my head came on. ha Spiders.....I used to hate them but then now I'm okay with them. I just always would find Spiderman boring.

threecharms Woohoo on your weight loss. We can be successful another week.

cmedwards Sorry about your friends insurance. It's like flood insurance in the states. Your regular policy doesn't cover it so you have to buy an extra one and you might live in an area that never floods but now weather patterns don't seem to care where you live. A flood could show up tomorrow. Go enjoy your gardening.

I had company all night. But I was super good. My back hurt today when I walked so I just didn't walk. ha I did do my strength training though before my guests showed up. I am learning to take care of ME first.

What one thing do you need to concentrate on this week to help you lose at least one lb by next weigh in?
  • trooworld
    Hi all. Not much to say here. I was under my calories yesterday but over my carbs by 7. Today should be a bit of a better day I hope.

@cbabie at least you didn't gain, you are practicing for maintenance, right?

@theslightedgeforever congrats on that awesome loss! Weight Watchers tv show hahaha that is funny! I'm surprised that they haven't. ;) The one thing I need to concentrate on is: being under my calories every day (which means I also have to track every day). Thanks for asking.
  • cbabie
    Morning all!

I did NOT track all of my food yesterday. I was going to go back, but I said why...it will show up on the scale. I already ate what ever it was. Today is me getting back on the bandwagon. :) My routine was out of sorts yesterday...so that through me out of sorts.

@trooworld You seem down....I was just encouraging my oldest daughter. Sometimes we have to not let that tape play in our mind. You are doing great. I love your faithful commitment to your health. I am so glad you came to this board.

@theslightedgeforever Good for you!!! LOL When I read the TV WW thing I thought the exact same thing. It's kind of like Oprah...You figure she has done what ever could be done...that's how I feel about Weight Watchers..LOL They started with the paper trackers..I just threw mine away that were so old...must have been 15 years or so...now it's all done online on our phones. My husband was complaining about how expensive phones are and I said, well they are our computers in our hands...of course not his..he is technology challenged.

Well I am going to start another day and make the best of it as my mom would say.

Cbabie
  • threecharms
    threecharms Posts: 36 Member
    Oof. I just put my low calorie day into the WW tracker (I paid through August, so I still have access) and I was way over my daily target. It's interesting to compare / contrast. I tried MFP years ago unsuccessfully, and I'm discovering now that WW taught me how to track. Now I'm back on MFP with so much more success than WW. Super interesting how I have gone through phases! I'm sure I'll hit a phase at some point where I'd want to exercise... not hiding my breath though
  • theslightedgeforever
    trooworld Pretracking the night before has really helped me stay under calories. For a whole month now, I have been under every day. I keep asking myself, Who are you and what have you done to slightedge. I'm a new me. It's getting easier as it goes along. Staying under calories will help you lose weight.

cbabie the answer to your WHY it's better to go back and track everything is accountability to yourself. Plus it's breaking a habit you are trying to form. It's all just data remember? Just a record of this is what I put into my body on that day. Am I committed to making my health the best it can be or am I just interested? Remember that question I posted awhile back? Some days I'm just interested but overall I am trending towards commitment.

threecharms Isn't it fun to see our progression on this health journey? Sometimes I think back on how I used to eat versus now and wonder, why aren't I farther along down the road. But it is what it is my dad would say. I'll get to my destination but then what. We will always have to have goals in our lives. I go through phases of exercising all the time and then those of you can't get me to the gym. Right now I'm in my exercise phase. I'm going to form that habit so I don't go back to the slacker who doesn't go the gym.

okay that's it for me.

Here's the WW meeting highlights.

https://youtu.be/_g4O5by1g7s
  • trooworld
    Hi all. I had a stressful day yesterday- hubby had a medical procedure and he was under general anesthesia. I went over my calories by 605 and my carbs by 77, so I didn't do so well yesterday. That was partially due to healthy snacks at the hospital and partially due to the timing of things: we didn't get back until 7:30 and by then I would have eaten the toaster itself if I threw some marinara sauce on it, but instead I had a semi-unhealthy snack waiting for dinner and then dinner itself was a bit unhealthy. Today will be a better day, I vow.

@cbabie you track so you can look back and know what went wrong. :) Plus, it's like @theslightedgeforever said, it's keeping up the habit and keeping yourself accountable. Yep, I was a bit down yesterday, my hubby was having a medical procedure and had to be put under general anesthesia and I was worried. He's okay, it was a minor procedure, and it's done and he's fine, but I was worried. Thank you for that nice compliment!

@threecharms yeah it's all about what we'll remain consistent with. What we'll remain committed to. It sounds like MFP is really working for you.

@theslightedgeforever I usually do pretrack, but if it changes, that's when I have to make sure that I go back and make the changes. If I don't, it's like I never tracked in the first place. I pretracked everything last night except my snacks. I didn't do those because I wasn't sure what I was bringing to work, I'll pretrack those this morning when I pack my lunch. Thanks for the highlights.
  • theslightedgeforever
    trooworld I'm glad your dh is okay. Surgery can be stressful on the one in the waiting room. On days like this we learn how we can do better for the next time. You know I've mentioned about me watching the twins videos The Skinny on Weight Loss. One of their things is having a set of "go to" cards for certain situations. They have breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, out to eat, vacation, etc. These are meals that they know the Smartpoint count and they have listed on index cards (different colors). That way planning is already done and they just have to do it. You could make out a card for planned surgeries or procedures. As we get older I swear there seem to be more procedures and minor surgeries. So when you know something like this will pop up, you have the card ready to go, you just have to make sure that the groceries are in the house and you can cook it the night before. So on the day of surgery/procedure, you just have to warm it up. Luckily this is only one day in your lifetime and tomorrow you will be back to mindfully watching your food intake and exercise. How is the exercise habit going?

A big HEY to the rest of you. I did 30 min of treadmill today. Food was good. Water, not so much. Only got in 4 glasses. Onwards to tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Hi all. Well, I did better yesterday, I was over my cals and carbs but not by much (cals: 82 carbs: 6). Today will be better. I did have a NSV yesterday: someone brought in crusty bread and cheese and I didn't have any of it.

@theslightedgeforever yeah I watch the twins sometimes too (although truthfully they get on my nerves sometimes because they tend to talk over each other). Those are good ideas, maybe this weekend I can sit down and come up with some ideas. Exercise: well, I didn't do any during the convention, and I haven't done any since but today I'm going to yoga for an hour at work (if I don't get too busy and can get away...it's during work, so it depends on my workload). Thanks for asking! I see your exercise is going well, great job! And good food too, woo hoo! Work on the water and you've got the complete package!
  • cmedwards52
    Good Morning

theslightedgeforever: I think, if you don't mind, I might take a page from your book and check in here each evening reporting on how I did for the day (cals, carbs, exercise etc). Would be good accountability for me. Had a gain last week and I thought I'd be much better for this week's WI (tomorrow) but its not looking too good. Once you fall off the rails for even a week or so it seems to be VERY hard to climb back up. I guess that's why we are in this mess in the first place. I will have to TRY HARDER. I haven't been tracking faithfully this week and I'm pretty sure that's a major factor. I have not done enough exercise either so I'm questioning my weight loss results why??????????????

I'm taking my little granddaughters to the beach this afternoon so that should be good for a few calories burned. Now I just need to make sure I take a few "Grandma" snacks so I don't eat theirs. LOL

Have a good one everyone. I'll check in again this evening and I WILL TRACK.

Carol
  • cbabie
    Morning to all,

I too have not done so well this week. My schedule has been off. Weird appt times, making me eat weird or late times. I don't think I have exercised but 1 day this week. I have tracked so far today, but it's only 9:46 AM lol.

@cmedwards52 Good idea to take grandma snacks...it's sabotage when we don't! You got this I know, I am a believer of you did once you can do it again.

@theslightedgeforever Great job...now if I can get close to that kind of momentum. I am sure I will, just well I am trying.

@trooworld I am a horrible person when anyone close to me is sick..let alone surgeries. I found my dad's papers this past week where he had a quadruple bypass in 09. My mom was real sick with the cancer at that time and couldn't be there for him. I had to do that whole hospital thing myself. I remember them coming out trying to prepare me for what I was about to see. I only did that by the grace of God. I remember working on my laptop from the hospital. I guess that kept my mind busy, but wow well lesson learned, take time for family. Job's move on.

okay I am going to try to get a jump on this day and work on essays I have to do for school.

Cbabie
  • cmedwards52
    Good Evening

Now that was a busy day. Three little girls (ages 4,5 & 6) and one Grandma at the beach for the afternoon. They were very good but they are very busy and did I mention, we were at the BEACH. I am pretty much exhausted but its a good exhausted.

I am definitely below my calories and carbs for the day. No "official" exercise but I know I burned off a few calories at the BEACH!!

I guess the true telling will be at the WI tomorrow morning. Not really expecting great things. A stay the same would be fine with me after this week. Will let you know.

Cheers, Carol
  • trooworld
    Hi all! Well, this week has been a mine field of free food at the job: I won't go into details but I managed to resist 90% of it. I weighed in this morning and gained 2 ounces, so I'd call that a maintain, which I am okay with...considering I had kind of a bad week. Next week will be better. I went to yoga last night and while I was sitting there on the mat waiting for the class to start, I realized just how inflexible my body was. It hurt to sit cross-legged, my body was stiff and it felt so unnatural. By the end it felt better, but it made me realize just how much I need to keep my yoga practice up.

@cmedwards52 tracking is so important. If you just do one thing, make sure you do that. Good luck!

@cbabie maybe that was your mind's way of dealing with it? Luckily, my sister-in-law came to be with me, so that was nice.

@gemwolf110 hi there! Good for you for wanting to go back to school. Indeed, where there's a will there is a way, you will find your way!
  • cbabie
    Morning all, can I tell you how much I love this board and all the positive replies really help, especially when you are discouraged. I am starting to freak about money and then I come here and life goes on for all of us and it's wonderful to see you each looking with hope to the next thing in life, the next WI, etc.

I did not so well yesterday. I didn't complete my tracking which is not good. I didn't make horrible choices, but I know I was over. Life changes are hard no matter what.

@trooworld Good job on maintaining. I have only done yoga once in my life. LOL I do know that I need to keep my body limber and it never really has been. So I might should work on that.

@cmedwards52 Sounds like you had a great day with your grandkids. I can only imagine taken stairsteps ages to the beach. I would be worried or running around all day. LOL (knowing me both) I am so glad you can enjoy them. When my grandkids were that little I worked alot, but made time for them. I would have liked it better not to have worked so much and enjoyed them more. Hope WI goes well.

@gemwolf110 Great to see you. I hope work settles soon, that can be stressful. I am back in school going for my BA in ministry. I should have done this a long time ago, but I didn't. I started my classes in 01 and in 03 life went upside down for me and I just blew off my education or actually, I blew off the direction I knew God was calling me into. So more life changes this year, but back in the saddle again.

@theslightedgeforever where are you? LOL

okay gotta run get my day going.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Hi all. I've got a busy weekend this weekend. This morning I'm going grocery shopping for healthy groceries and then today at 6pm my sister-in-law is coming over for dinner and tv or a board game. Then tomorrow, I have to do some research for an article I'm writing. I think I will go to a coffee house because if I try to do the research at home, the dog will be barking and jumping on me and I will be distracted. I also have to get prepped for next week...laundry, meal prep. Hope you all have a great weekend!

@cbabie life changes are hard for anyone, give yourself a break and start fresh today. re: yoga and flexibility...the instructor said that in our 20s, our bodies make the fluids necessary to lubricate our joints but after that, our bodies stop making it and we get the lubrication from moving our bodies so if we don't move and stretch our bodies, we lose our flexibility. I believe it because just not going to yoga class for a few months, I was more stiff. You could try yoga on YouTube, there is an instructor on there that I really like, her videos are free of course, and she's really good it's called Yoga with Adriene: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFKE7WVJfvaHW5q283SxchA
  • theslightedgeforever
    trooworld Yaaay on your NSV I have yoga scheduled once a week but end up not doing it. So I'm still working at meeting my goal. Especially as we age, our bodies need to be more flexible. I'll check out your yoga video. I usually do Yoga Back Care with Rodney Yee. It's so relaxing. Usually by the end I'm just laying on the floor with my eyes closed (almost asleep). Then the video is over and I still lay there. lol It's a good form of escapism. If I get up and open my eyes, I will see things that I need to be doing. There's always lots to do.

cmedwards By all means take whatever you want from me. That's what we are here for I think. To support and exchange ideas. Yes, my motto is My Success is determined by my actions not in the scale. You just slipped but didn't have a major fall so nothing is injured so your climb back up will be easier than you think. Besides you are stronger than you think. A beach day sounds fun.

cbabie So work on a schedule this week. One thing about not having a job to go to is that your mind tells you that you have all the time in the world to accomplish stuff. Then you end up accomplishing nothing important. Your "job" right now is finding a job and doing your school work. What is your start and stop time for these. Then once you know that, you know when you can exercise. Write that in. If you change it everyday, then it doesn't become a habit. Then write in your mealtimes. If you let yourself get too hungry, then you will start searching and end up with PB. Then you can add in all the other little things that will eat up your time. Take care of the BIG stuff in your life first. That means you come first.

gemwolf Good to see you. I guess see my advice to cbabie above. I once read if you want something done, give it to a busy person. Busy people find a way. That's because they have to have excellent time management skills. You will figure this out.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I had a couple of days where I went over calories so my wonderful streak I had going will be over. But pick myself up, dust myself off and go forward.

• charlie9er
    charlie9er Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi!