What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    edited April 2017
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    Enjoying the silence while the two boys are napping... and also wondering why I didn't really believe those moms who warned me about toddler boys and their obsession with their penises.

It's not just the toddlers

At least the older ones don't whip it out, run down the hall, then pee on the floor.... well. Not the sober ones.
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    Enjoying the silence while the two boys are napping... and also wondering why I didn't really believe those moms who warned me about toddler boys and their obsession with their penises.

It's not just the toddlers

Can you blame them? If I had one, I would play with it non stop too.

Ha. Guess that's true.
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Sigh. I'm worried about my Dad. He has a bum heart and has for a long time. Three years ago he was suffering from debilitating face pain, so they put him on pain meds that could take down a horse. They almost killed him, and the side effects were drowsiness, disorientation, left side paralysis and at times... moments of dementia.

They operated on him and went through his skull to the nerve and surrounded the nerve with glycerin, effectively killing it. The procedure worked, but he contracted meningitis and almost died. He managed to recover and has been doing pretty well the past three years.

Well... it is now obvious that the nerve they numbed restored itself, and the pain is back... but worse than ever. He's back on the meds, stumbling around, half asleep and in constant pain. :'( He's terrified of another surgery, the meds are barely touching the pain, and I don't know how long he'll be able to manage this.

70 years old, with a pacemaker, weak heart, history of stroke... and now pain like this... the math doesn't look good. And I'm not ready for this.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited April 2017
    Sigh. I'm worried about my Dad. He has a bum heart and has for a long time. Three years ago he was suffering from debilitating face pain, so they put him on pain meds that could take down a horse. They almost killed him, and the side effects were drowsiness, disorientation, left side paralysis and at times... moments of dementia.

They operated on him and went through his skull to the nerve and surrounded the nerve with glycerin, effectively killing it. The procedure worked, but he contracted meningitis and almost died. He managed to recover and has been doing pretty well the past three years.

Well... it is now obvious that the nerve they numbed restored itself, and the pain is back... but worse than ever. He's back on the meds, stumbling around, half asleep and in constant pain. :'( He's terrified of another surgery, the meds are barely touching the pain, and I don't know how long he'll be able to manage this.

70 years old, with a pacemaker, weak heart, history of stroke... and now pain like this... the math doesn't look good. And I'm not ready for this.

Im sorry..your poor dad ..I hope he can be helped. My dad is 72 and it's a constant worry as to what will happen next..heart attack 10 years ago, hips need replacing, Parkinsons and a whole heap of other things. Its sad to see them decline
  • FindingAwesome

Im sorry..your poor dad ..I hope he can be helped. My dad is 72 and it's a constant worry as to what will happen next..heart attack 10 years ago, hips need replacing, Parkinsons and a whole heap of other things. Its sad to see them decline

Thank you. It's a constant worry. He's on his third pacemaker AND has a built in defibrillator, but they said his pacemaker is pacing his heart 97% of the time now. I fear it could be any time and I just can't bear that thought. He's supposed to live forever!
  • DietingMommy2008
    DietingMommy2008 Posts: 107 Member
    At work... watching Gotham on Netflix... waiting for 5 so I can check out for my 4 day weekend!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Thank you. It's a constant worry. He's on his third pacemaker AND has a built in defibrillator, but they said his pacemaker is pacing his heart 97% of the time now. I fear it could be any time and I just can't bear that thought. He's supposed to live forever!

I hear ya ....
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member

I sympathize completely. I just went through a similar situation with my grandfather. He never really recovered from a surgery he had a year ago and was in the beginning stages of dementia.

I hope you find as much peace and comfort as you can in this situation and that the doctors can find a better way to manage your father's pain.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Enjoying the TV show Rick and Morty.

top4z5j92j09.jpg
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Watching the Celtics Vs the Bulls
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited April 2017

Go Lakers! :)
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

Go Lakers! :)

I will pray for your organization lol
  • FindingAwesome
    I just finished my chin ups (6, 5, 5, 4, 5.89999999) and am now having a grilled cheese sammich.

I STILL cannot get my last set!
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Strivetobebetter76 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Just finished eating pasta. My tummy is full now. Wish I had more DQ ice cream for later.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Watching X-Files... But thinking about watching Rick and Morty.

Do you think he'll ever get that szechuan sauce?

And per the past conversion about penises, I have always said if I had one I would put it in everything. No shame.
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Strivetobebetter76 Posts: 1,784 Member
    I'm wondering if mfp premium offers a "get a room" feature? :D

That would be very cool :D haha
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    debating on whether to read or practice piano but procrastinating on them both