3 WEEKS AND NOTHING

I eat 1500 calories everyday I work out 5 days a week it's been 3 weeks and no signs of losing weight I'm doing something wrong this is not right?

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Just be patient and consistent and results will come...
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Are you weighing all your food? Recording everything properly? No cheat days?
    How are your workouts? Do you use a heart rate monitor? Is it all cardio? Only lifting? Are you eating back any exercise calories? Were you active at all before you started 3 weeks ago? If not you may be retaining some water from repair on the muscles with a new activity.
    How much are you trying to lose each week? Have you calculated your TDEE properly?
    I don't think 3 weeks is quite a plateau yet since you just started. A little more information about what you're eating, what your workouts consist of and how you set your goals to lose weight will give more insight into where you can fix things so the scale moves
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    If you are not using a food scale you are most likely not logging correctly
  • zahra59
    zahra59 Posts: 55 Member
    bendis2007 wrote: »
    How are your workouts? Do you use a heart rate monitor? Is it all cardio? Only lifting? Are you eating back any exercise calories? Were you active at all before you started 3 weeks ago? If not you may be retaining some water from repair on the muscles with a new activity.
    How much are you trying to lose each week? Have you calculated your TDEE properly?
    I don't think 3 weeks is quite a plateau yet since you just started. A little more information about what you're eating, what your workouts consist of and how you set your goals to lose weight will give more insight into where you can fix things so the scale moves

I bought a digital scale I cook mostly vegetables fish and chicken and sweet potatoes I measured them all from instructions found onYouTube I work out 5 days a week I do three days weight lifting and 2 days cardio the days that I weight lift I do 15 minutes treadmill weight lift and then 15 minutes treadmill after I do have cheat day maybe on a Sunday I was not that active before I started my journey I guess I'm just a little discouraged
  • zahra59
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Just be patient and consistent and results will come...

Thank you will do that
  • zahra59
    jrulo16 wrote: »
    If you are not using a food scale you are most likely not logging correctly

I use one and meal prep
  • cmelose2016
    cmelose2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Try a new type of workout. Keep your body guessing. I hit a plateau at every 10lbs. Changing the workout seems to help the most.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    zahra59 wrote: »
    I eat 1500 calories everyday I work out 5 days a week it's been 3 weeks and no signs of losing weight I'm doing something wrong this is not right?

Nothing? Not one ounce?
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    You shouldn't be discouraged - you're doing great! Awesome job on the food scale, that's one of the harder things. Depending on where you are at in your weight, if you are already fairly close to a normal weight then that one cheat day on Sunday may be wiping some of your deficit.

It's hard to be patient, everyone wants to see quick results but at the end of the day you didn't gain a lot of weight in 3 weeks so it may take some time to see things come together.
    In terms of changes, you can always try restricting 100- 200 calories a day for a few weeks and see if that provides a noticeable difference. With a new workout program from a sedentary lifestyle it will take some time for the muscles to repair and adapt to the new change.
    If you can you may want to try and curb the cheat day on Sunday, because like I said that one day can stall progress. I'm in my last 10-15 pounds and one day can throw off a week of good behavior ( I don't gain, but I don't lose either)

Do you have your daily calories set back for eating your exercise calories? If so then you also may only want to eat back 50% of those as sometimes the calorie burn can be grossly over-estimated. Make sure your water intake is good, getting enough sleep at night.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    zahra59 wrote: »
    bendis2007 wrote: »

I bought a digital scale I cook mostly vegetables fish and chicken and sweet potatoes I measured them all from instructions found onYouTube I work out 5 days a week I do three days weight lifting and 2 days cardio the days that I weight lift I do 15 minutes treadmill weight lift and then 15 minutes treadmill after I do have cheat day maybe on a Sunday I was not that active before I started my journey I guess I'm just a little discouraged

1. Are you logging everything you eat on your cheat day? A cheat day can easily wipe out all your hard work.

2. When we start a new exercise program we often retain water. My scale went up seven pounds when I started lifting weights again last fall, and it did take a few weeks for that water weight to come back off.
  • JJY888
    JJY888 Posts: 3 Member
    Your muscles are swelling with water and the scale is not dropping. Medications can be a factor as well.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I know it's major, but try going 2 weeks between cheat meals. A decent cheat meal can undo a week of calorie deficit.
  • zahra59
    I really appreciate all the reply guys thanks
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Another idea: Weigh every morning after your bathroom visit before you eat or drink anything.
    Check-in with that weight on mfp every day.

If you are losing a little bit 6 days and blowing that up on one day, you can see the evidence and respond realistically.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I will add that you should start tracking body measurements as well as scale weight. Once every 2 weeks or so. Often water weight will mask scale loss so measurements can tell you better progress during those times. These should also be taken at the same times and conditions. I usually do mine after my morning weigh in every 2 weeks (though currently I'm doing weekly measurements because I'm doing a lifting program).
  • mariameats
    mariameats Posts: 16 Member
    I think you probably need to lower your calorie intake. Honestly, people always say 1500 calories blahblah, but I never lose weight unless i go down to 1200. I'm 5'2 and 28 years old.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    mariameats wrote: »
    I think you probably need to lower your calorie intake. Honestly, people always say 1500 calories blahblah, but I never lose weight unless i go down to 1200. I'm 5'2 and 28 years old.

Going down to 1200 calories a day would be the absolutely, positively last resort imo.

OP try following the other advice you recieved here before considering this, because odds are you won't need to go this low.