Need advice please...

Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I always think it's funny when someone comments on your weight loss - and you inform them there is none, or perhaps gain.
    Then they look you up and down with confused look, trying to figure out why they got that wrong.
  • ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    And its also funny when people r commenting me that u r gaining weight (because they have always seen me lean and struggling with weight loss ) and i reply its on purpose ;)
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    That's the best NSV @Sevio
    Nice!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I agree with @empressichel I stopped stressing and freaking out, when I put the scale away. It was literally killing me. I stopped spending time with my family, I stopped being happy. My mood was based on what that stupid thing said every day. If it was up, then I was in a bitchy mood. If it went down, wooohooo!!!
    It was a terrible way to live.
    Im truly a believer in giving up the scale and concentrating on all the other important aspects in life to bring you happiness and progress, rather than a stupid number. Remember, no one sees that number. Its not like we walk around with it on our heads.

And yes. I had people comment a ton about my weight loss.. even though I gained a lot of weight. Even now, I have people comment about my weight loss simply because I post a picture about how great I feel in a pair of pants..

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Update.
    Weight is the same from last week 147.9
    No Change in inches.

Average Calories Burned: 2473
    Average Calories Ate: 2329

So 9 weeks ago since I started this I weighed in at 142.3 and am now at 147.9
    I am thinking that isn't a horrible amount of weight gain.....

Friday I felt terrible. I was in such a mood, I was bloaty, had three different pairs of pants on before work when I finally decided on a pair. Just wanted to wear my sweats to work. Took my dog for a walk Friday night after work and had my meltdown and cried during the entire walk and felt bad for myself.

However Saturday I woke up in a better frame of mind. I weighed in and took my measurements and tucked away the scale in the closet. I am hoping I can leave it there.
    It's hard. This morning I woke up and felt leaner/smaller today....just such a daily messed up mind game.

But I am getting better and not worrying it this too much. I am going to continue eating more for the rest of the year because certainly the holidays are coming and let's be honest with ourselves....

I have already made a new years resolution for myself come January 1st. It's cutting back on Sugar intake. And perhaps I might try a small 10% deficit but I am very close to eating 2400 calories per day....
  • empressichel
    Options
    Yay!
    Good for you for putting the scale away! I know that can't of been easy.
    I'm sure your body and mind will benefit hugely from having that stress taken away.
    You really are doing great. I love the fact that you have made that commitment to eat more for the rest of the year too.
    Seriously, you're doing SO good!
    Ichel
  • ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good work on getting to your TDEE and ditching the scale. I do weigh myself but am not fretting about it. Also started increasing in inches now! Keep going u r doing great!
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily messed up mind game is right, Sevio. "I am going to try and hit TDEE" and "I want to cut now!", are in my head all at the same time. :#
  • empressichel
    Options
    jvezzsb01 wrote: »
    Daily messed up mind game is right, Sevio. "I am going to try and hit TDEE" and "I want to cut now!", are in my head all at the same time. :#

Just make sure the 'get to TDEE' voice shouts louder!
  • Sevio
    Options
    Good news is eating above TDEE so far And hid my scale. Have not been on it since Saturdays valid weighin. Feeling good about it!
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sevio wrote: »
    Good news is eating above TDEE so far And hid my scale. Have not been on it since Saturdays valid weighin. Feeling good about it!

WooHoo!! good job
  • Sevio
    Options
    I feel really good about the scale not around. Haven't seen it since Saturday!! I feel liberated! !
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Isnt it a good feeling? Like you get a bit of your soul back:)

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • empressichel
    Options
    Sevio wrote: »

This is just amazing! What an achievement! Are you finding it's easier to eat TDEE now, without checking in on the scale?
    Ichel
  • Sevio
    Options
    @empressichel and @Raynn1 Yes! I am okay with it. Hopefully this will be a good thing!
  • Sevio
    Options
    Hello and Happy Holidays to all of you!

Haven't checked in a while so here it goes
    It's been 12 weeks since I started solid logging and trying to reach TDEE. Been unsuccessful with reaching TDEE.
    September 4, 2016 Weight 142.3 November 26, 2016 150.1
    This month I have been pretty much staying the same. Scale is going up and down between 148.5 and 150.5 which was my weight at the beginning of the month.

This week and last week I took a couple of extra days off from the gym and haven't been walking at work or my dog due to winter beginning and it's cold outside. I am not a fan of the cold so my burn is going down which I knew would happen since it is winter out. I am not about to spend more time at the gym making up for it. It is what it is. So my TDEE has gone down the past couple of weeks to this week being about 2250 average per day when at the beginning I was at 2500. Maybe now is the time to try and hit TDEE.

Funny thing is my measurements are about the same down still
    September 4, 2016 Waist 27.5 November 26th: 28
    Hips 35 35
    Thigh 21 20.5
    Belly Button 31.5 30
    Saddlebags 42 42
    Calf 14 14

So as you can see seems like my gut might leaning out..... I don't know.
    All I know is tomorrow I am on a mission to find new pants. All of my pants are getting uncomfortable. My jeans I bought last year are good for while on first thing in the morning but by day's end I am ready to rip them off!!!
    Anybody have any ideas for a store a 42 year gal can go buy jeans that properly fit?? A couple of weeks ago I tried on 6 different pairs of jeans at Target. What a horrible experience. Just awful. Wishing I could wear my workout pants to work everyday!!!

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Can you get some jeggings? Or something similar that has lots of stretch but doesn't quite look so jeggings-like? I couldn't advise on where to buy jeans though: different country / different shops...
  • Sevio
    Options
    I plan on taking my time to browse our mall for different stores with different pants and fits! Stretchy is a good idea!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Look for stores selling clothes for adult women instead of teenage girls. I really like Cleo but don't know if they're in the US or just Canada. Generally, these stores have higher initial price tags, but if you search the sales racks, you can find good deals.
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I bought some best girlfriend jeans online from the gap and also some bootcut because for a short girl they lengthen my legs and balance my thighs. I have the thigh thing going on no matter what. I'm 39 going on 40 and they work. :) I also bought some bootcut jeans from Eddie bauer(I take advantage of the big mark offs). That's it for jeans during this reset. I practically live in my jeans of varying shades. ;)