How do you take your coffee?

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    A wee bit Irish cream, an Angels kiss as I call it. I just make it fit my intake. I work hard, I play hard, I'll be damned if I'll give up all my joys!
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited October 2016
    "I like my women like I like my coffee... covered in beeees!" -- Eddie Izzard
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    In a cup
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    I usually have it black with sweetener but I'll occasionally have it with a little bit of milk! I tend to go for flavoured coffees too :smile:
  • southern007ang
    southern007ang Posts: 3 Member
    Milk and 3 truvia!☺️ Splenda as an alternative to truvia..
  • iboo8
    iboo8 Posts: 1 Member
    You can use stevia sweetener instead of sugar, it has 0 calories
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Bulletproof. Butter, coconut oil, and heavy cream. Lately it been making it with a bit of canned pumpkin and some spices to make it "autumny". I also discovered that the inositol supplement I use is a bit sweet, so that tastes good in it too.

Alas, this does not help your pursuit of a low calorie coffee drink, mine has about 320 cal and sustains me for a good part of the day. Yay fats!
  • keakels
    keakels Posts: 2 Member
    I like all that stuff, too, but don't use anything processed any more. I love my new coffee, more - I use coconut milk (sweetened,) a dash of stevia, and I make this (this is a basic recipe that I tweak - also use the smoothie blender to mix it in with the coffee:) http://modernhippiehousewife.com/2015/11/08/coconut-oil-coffee-creamer/
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    I wrote on here earlier--I used to use a little milk with 1tsp sugar, then switched to almond milk, then cashew milk (which was very good, btw). But recently I've cut out the milk altogether, using only the 1 tsp of sugar and a tiny bit of cinnamon. This all goes very well with my morning square of dark chocolate. :-)

Today, to try cutting back on the dark chocolate, I decided to try the sugar with a little bit of unsweetened cocoa powder. The cocoa added just a bit of creaminess with a touch of chocolate flavor, and only about 5 calories. So altogether about 20 calories per cup, x3 per day.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    keakels wrote: »
    I like all that stuff, too, but don't use anything processed any more. I love my new coffee, more - I use coconut milk (sweetened,) a dash of stevia, and I make this (this is a basic recipe that I tweak - also use the smoothie blender to mix it in with the coffee:) http://modernhippiehousewife.com/2015/11/08/coconut-oil-coffee-creamer/

I don't mean to nitpick, but coconut milk and stevia are processed.
    Having said that, coconut milk in coffee is yummy!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited October 2016
    With soy, almond or hemp milk and agave.
    ETA - sometimes cinnamon
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    keakels wrote: »

I don't mean to nitpick, but coconut milk and stevia are processed.
    Having said that, coconut milk in coffee is yummy!

I was wondering about that.

Like I said above, I like coffee black, although I bet it's great with coconut milk, but even so I wouldn't say I don't use anything processed, since how is coffee itself not processed? So confused by how people use that word.
  • bigfatguy13088
    bigfatguy13088 Posts: 21 Member
    I've completely switched to black coffee after years of drinking it lightened and sweetened.
    Its not easy, but avoiding the extra sugar and fat pays off eventually
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Black! Unless I am on vacation and then I go for flavored specialty coffees :smile:
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    I put in truvia, which is 0 calories, and I measure out 5 tbsp of half and half which makes my coffee 100 calories. I can live with that.
  • sh512266
    sh512266 Posts: 60 Member
    AprilCoe wrote: »
    I have an addiction to Sugar free vanilla coffee mate... it's total garbage. About 600 of my daily calories comes from this crap. :( Walden Farms makes a calorie free version but I think it's awful(and expensive!!). I can't do dairy and I really don't like almond milk (and soy milk is out of the question...yucko). So I have a bit of a problem

How are your calories 600 from this!? You just be drinking tons! Lol I just bought sugar free caramel macchiato liquid creamer by International Delight and it's 20 cals and 1 carb per tbsp.. which I measure out exactly. I might have 2 per day which is well worth the 40 cals.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I take my coffee with full fat cream. Its hardly any calories. But I only take coffee about once a month and its always decaf, so there is that!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I love my coffee light and sweet...unfortunately that's not good for the calories. I just realized that my daily 20oz coffee is 240 calories a day! that's a small meal, or at the very least, a good snack! I usually use 4 sugar packets, 4 splenda packets, and 3/4 a cup of half and half! Yikes....any suggestions on how I can still indulge in my creamy coffee....but make it a little lighter??

Hi
    I drink my coffee unsweetened and Black. Having said that I have in the distant past used so much Cream & Sugar that it became a Liquid Coffee flavored Candy :)

Here is what I would do in if I were in Your shoes. Use Truvia Calorie-Free Sweetener Portion Packets, the Ones I bought at CostCo even look like sugar when I add them to my Cereal and they taste good to me, One Caveat I have not had real sugar in over two years so I could be mistaken however they really sweeten up my cereal. Then I would use 1% Milk, The 1% UHT Milk I buy from the Dollar Store at $1 a quart is 50 calories per 4 Ounce portion which is what I use on my Cereal. I buy it rather than fresh milk so I can leave it unopened on the Pantry shelf until I need it. The current cartons are good until July of 2017.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Black
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    I used to enjoy my coffee extra light, and extra sweet (that's what I'd tell them at Dunkin Donuts.) But I realized the sugar thing was getting pretty out of hand, so I stopped it completely and haven't used it in about a year and a half.

Now, I drink it one two ways. First thing in the morning I have my coffee with some Coffee-Mate plain creamer, about 4 tablespoons which equals 120 cal., which I gladly sacrifice for it. Then, as the day goes on if I want more coffee, I drink it black (which took some getting used to.)