Getting ahead...

ibtmas
ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
Hello healthy friends! I joined EM2WL in Feb 2016 and started to increase my calories and focus on protien. I reached till 1800 but could not bear the weight treding upwards and quitted. Went back to 1300/1400 for 4 months but focused on strength training. I lost a few kgs then. Now when i wanted to lose more i had to go for more cardio and more drop in cals but i knew that i would be doing wrong with myself so i planned to up my calories again and see how far i could go. I started fr late August and slowly crept forward adding 50-100 cals each week. I maintained my weight till 1700 cals but gained 4 lbs on moving to 1800 but did not fret coz my inch sizes remained the same so i knew it would be water retention or glycogen storage due to more carb intake. While consuming 1800 i felt myself like a fat chicken and could see my tummy bulging out of my body filled with food! But this just stayed for two three days and to my surprise i felt more and more hungry and loved food after that that one day i directly jumped to 2000 cals and did not regret a bit!! I could not believed my eyes that i had consumed 2000+ cals and the other day i'm still hungry lol!i've started loving food and i enjoy eating with my family! the awsome part is that i get my protien target close to 25-28! While starting increasing cals i was not sure i would reach above 1800 and i decided to give my body some time at this point but my body reacted opposite to what i thought and instead craved for more! I'd plan that i would start my discussion seperatly if i could consume more than 1800 and here i am!! I've totally cut down cardio and am doing strength workouts 3-4 days per week. I've lost 2 lbs that were gained during this process and feel my upper body much toned. I am 5'7 and 35y and weigh 165 lbs. while lightly active ( reduced my workouts)my maintenece calories are 2085 and i am planning to eat these for 6 to 7 weeks and then go for a cut. I feel i've got my life back and i know it would feel even better as i continue. I 'm not going back now and i feel so happy and proud about myself that i joined you guys! I respect the loyality each one of u r giving out here

Replies

• TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    @ibtmas Your post just made my day! That's exactly what we are talking about! I am so glad you stuck to it and kept going, CONSISTENTLY, until you finally started seeing results. You will probably have moments in the future when you will second guess this process and want to quit, but make sure you keep this feeling strong in your mind so you can keep going again.

You came a long way from 1300 cals and lots of cardio and you should be proud of yourself! Yes, being able to eat and enjoy your life while having the look you want is possible, but it does take time and consistency.

Thanks for starting this thread and we all want to hear more from you!
    Cam I share your post with the EM2WL fam?

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • ibtmas
    @Tereza Thankyou for your support and response. I'm ready for all the ups n downs i would be having in my journey. I'm now mentally and physically ready for it specially when i know i have amazing ppl helping me out here!!sure u can share my thoughts anytime. I would too like ppl to know how exactly em2wl works
  • TerezaToledo
    Thank you so much @ibtmas! The journey may not always be easy, but trust me, it is worth it! The changes and transformation, not only physical, that I had in those 5 years of EM2WL are priceless! Thanks for letting me share and keep updating!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Great job @ibtmas !

Keep with it. The mental game is hard, and you will encounter rough times (I am right now and I've been em2wl since last November) but keep the positive attitude and push through.

Do you feel beastly during your lifting sessions with more food? :D
  • ibtmas
    Great job @ibtmas !

Keep with it. The mental game is hard, and you will encounter rough times (I am right now and I've been em2wl since last November) but keep the positive attitude and push through.

Do you feel beastly during your lifting sessions with more food? :D

Thanx @jerilynconn. U have been a long way! I've been following u the day u started and i tried to get through but could not continue. Maybe i was nt mentally ready then. I am not lifting much heavy just doing some strength workouts in my home gym. I'm looking forward to increase the weights in my dumbells i'm already using. U've been a great motivation and i wish u success
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Hey @ibtmas you are doing so well! Smashing it!
    Look how far you have come already! Keep on going! This is just the start of great things to come and life changes. <3
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • misskitty0816
    misskitty0816 Posts: 49 Member
    That's great @ibtmas ! You are similar to me with your calorie levels...............I had been at 1300-1350'ish for YEARS and am trying to get to 2,000. So far, I am at 1500, but have gained 1.8 pounds after a month. Not sure whether to keep it at 1500 for a while or exactly what to do, BUT...............I have added strength training now and cut back on lengthy cardio sessions all while significantly increasing my protein, so I do think I have made some positive changes. I would be so happy to get up to 2,000 like you have! Way to go! :)))
  • ibtmas
    edited October 2016
    Hey @ibtmas you are doing so well! Smashing it!
    Look how far you have come already! Keep on going! This is just the start of great things to come and life changes. <3
    Ichel
    Thankyou so much for your supporting words as expected :)
  • ibtmas
    edited October 2016
    That's great @ibtmas ! You are similar to me with your calorie levels...............I had been at 1300-1350'ish for YEARS and am trying to get to 2,000. So far, I am at 1500, but have gained 1.8 pounds after a month. Not sure whether to keep it at 1500 for a while or exactly what to do, BUT...............I have added strength training now and cut back on lengthy cardio sessions all while significantly increasing my protein, so I do think I have made some positive changes. I would be so happy to get up to 2,000 like you have! Way to go! :)))
    As far as i think u r doing great! It was hard for me to quit cardio at first so i did it gradually and same with the calories. I planned to stay at those calories once my body will get accustomed to it and it did worked for the better! To my surprise, after bloating for a few days, my body demanded more food. And dont worry about the weight it will diminish after a while..... i concentrated more on my inches rather than scale which increased at the start but levelled out after some time. I'm just 2 lbs up so far but the good point is with 800+ calories :p
  • empressichel
    edited October 2016
    2 lbs up with an extra 800 calories a day! Who wouldn't take that?!
    Winning!
    Ichel
  • ibtmas
    Moving ahead this week i have changed my calorie goal to 2100.... since last two weeks i was on 1800 cal goal but my net calories counted as 1968 some days being over 2k. Now is the time to know my true Tdee so i'll check if i gain this week eating 2100 cals right? If not i should increase by 50-100 the next. Till now i'm steady on my weight n inches.
  • ibtmas
    6 days i'm on my Tdee numbers fr EM2WL calculator (2085) and i'm up 2 lbs more. Since i've started upping my calories i've gained 4lbs,inches being the same. I know its water and glycogen retention due to more sodium and carbs as a result of more calorie intake. Focused.
  • empressichel
    Love this!
    It's so hard not to let a gain on the scale throw us off moving forwards.
    Love your focus and determination!
    You've so got this!
    Ichel
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    It's stinking hard to stay off the scale. Last week I was a naughty girl and was on it every day. This week I got on it Sunday for my Valid Weigh In day and haven't been on it since. It's hard, it's staring me down each morning but I just ignore it.
    We are all in this together and need to help push each other through. So glad you are all here to keep one another from jumping off that bridge of lowering our calories!!!
  • ibtmas
    edited October 2016
    My new NSV. I've started using table spoon instead of teaspoon to feed myself :D
  • empressichel
    ibtmas wrote: »
    My new NSV. I've started using table spoon instead of teaspoon to feed myself :D

That was a hang over from my eating disorder days! Used a tiny bowl and a teeny tea spoon to eat everything!
  • ibtmas
    After continuosly strength training for two months i went to a week break and eating according to new tdee. Lost 2.5 lbs of water weight. Will be back to working out from tomorrow with upping calories too.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    ibtmas wrote: »
    After continuosly strength training for two months i went to a week break and eating according to new tdee. Lost 2.5 lbs of water weight. Will be back to working out from tomorrow with upping calories too.

Yay!!! Awesome news!!!!
  • TerezaToledo
    @ibtmas Excellent job on taking a break! It will recharge you physically and mentally making you crave going back to your workouts while helping your body recover and avoiding injuries. Here is an excellent article on rest weeks: http://pin.it/p1ZxRPE

Tereza
    EM2WL Moderator and Team Member
  • ibtmas
    Yaaay!!
    First week eating at Tdee. Tdee at moderately active is 2350.
    Ate 2304 weekly.C43P26F31
    SW 74kgs
    CW 78kgs
    Inches fluctuate between 1 more or one less.
    Workouts(no cardio) 4 times/week almost 40-45 mins.