Getting ahead...

Replies

• TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Yay in getting to TDEE! How have you been feeling? Good job on the workouts! Are you feeling more energy? How is your mood?

Tereza
    EM2WL Moderator and Team Member
  • ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    @TerezaToledo Yes the workouts were great, also added an extra set for total three sets of 10-12 reps. Mood? Uh? Was this the reason?Even though had to shovel food into my mouth I've been smiling more and less tensed the whole week!!! Early mornings r better with less growling stomach!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Nice work on the TDEE eating!
    Start of a new phase for you!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • TerezaToledo
    @ibtmas We usually overlook our mood when eating more or less, but it is a huge measure of progress when braking up with the old diet mentality. Besides the fact that eating the right amounts will help us with hormones and moods changes they cause, not being so stressed out about constantly thinking about food (the moment we start restricting, we start dreaming about more food) is a good gauge to measure improvement. Try to take note of good and bad days, how often you feel better or worse about yourself. The idea is to have it all whine not being "hangry" all the time.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • ibtmas
    Another 2lbs up eating at Tdee after 9 days. I find half inches increase everywhere too. Should i be consistent on eating 2350 cals and see what it brings? I have selected moderately active but i see that even if i workout four days a week it does not mean four hours of workouts. Sometimes my workouts r 35 mins maximum being 50-55 mins. I'm a being at home mom with no outdoor activities at all! My house duty is to cook food for kids and help them with thier school assignments in the evenings.I iron clothes but washing is usually in the automatic machine. Cleaning is done by a hired maid so its just some light activities of arranging house etc....... Any suggestions?
  • empressichel
    Moderately active sounds fine as it's definitely not sedentary!
    Yes, I would hold at those calories for a month and see where you are after that.
    You may be more active than you think and may need to inch up the calories again.
    But definitely sounds like you are in a good place to wait it out and evaluate after a few more weeks to make sure there are no anomalies.
    Ichel
  • ibtmas
    2nd week on eating at TDEE 2350. Average cals this week were 2303.
    I got confused about my numbers so with the help of haybales spreadsheet i got to know that my tdee would be more than 2350 with 4x times of workouts. I am now lowering my workouts to 3x which still gives me a number of 2550 which as also increased due to 10lbs+ during increasing cals.! So i'll be increasing gradually and also will eat according to NEAT as well. i am a SAHM . some days are too active and some are sitting around all day long so i'm averaging it to be 2500.
  • ibtmas
    3rd week TDEE 2500( according to @haybales spreadsheet working out 3×)
    weekly cals 2437 + 2lb
    previous week weight 79.5kgs
    CW 80.5kgs

Now is the time to watch the scale and see. since i started increasing cals i was 74 kgs then. gained 8 kgs till 2300 intake. after that every week is up 2lb approx. total gain till now is 6.5kgs! (13lbs).
  • ibtmas
    4th week
    Cal- 2421(TDEE 2500)
    last wk wt-80.5kgs
    CW -81kgs
    This was an excellent week since i started increasing cals. no bloating, no weight fluctuations(weight was constant mostly),better energy and most of all i was confident of what i'm doing!!
  • TerezaToledo
    I loved your confidence and everything else from you post! WTG!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    ibtmas wrote: »
    4th week
    Cal- 2421(TDEE 2500)
    last wk wt-80.5kgs
    CW -81kgs
    This was an excellent week since i started increasing cals. no bloating, no weight fluctuations(weight was constant mostly),better energy and most of all i was confident of what i'm doing!!

This is the BEST post!
    Love it!
    Ichel
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Keep going! Sounds like we are at a similar place on this journey - you are such an encouragement to me to keep doing what I'm doing! :)
  • ibtmas
    Thankyou so much @TerezaToledo and@empressichel ur words give a good pat at the back! :)
    @Firefly0606 thats great to be moving together. i'll see where these numbers would take me still not sure of my potential TDEE.
  • ibtmas
    5th week. Cals2438 (TDEE2500)
    Last week wt. 81kgs
    CW 83kgs.
    Total of 4.4lbs gain since the previous week. i know i did'nt eat 2000 above the maintainence. Last week was TOM so i expected some gain but this week seemed unexpectedly high. i was wondering that being 5th week on TDEE should'nt the weight get stable now? After how many weeks on TDEE should one expect to see stability in weight? will it keep gaining or am i having some calories above?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    The gain is still likely based on TOM. Most women will see gains well past TOM and level out AFTER Ovulation. Some are the opposite..
    You also have to look at the foods you ate. Were they heavy on the salt? Processed foods? Not enough water?
    No it wouldnt be possible to have a 4 pound gain eating at your level with no changes, so look at other factors. TOM alone would be the likely culprit.

If this is in fact TDEE, it will level out in time. Some people level out quickly.. some take longer.. be consistent in everything. If your macros are spot on, your cal level is the same, workouts the same etc.. then you wait for the level out. If it trends upwards for a period of time (again with everything being consistent in the weeks), then you can assume TDEE is surpassed. If consistency is all the same each week, and the trend is level after a period of time, then Bump higher and go again. The only way to find true tdee, is the go ABOVE it to make sure you are correct.

I would continue doing what you are doing, staying consistent with everything and just watch the trends. Keep an eye on things like TOM or holiday indulging and such. And just watch.

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • ibtmas
    Yes i've decided to wait and see if the gain continues as since i've started eating at current assumed TDEE the weight is trending upwards only and not leveling out. The em2wl cal give me 2250 numbers as i'm working out 3x. the workouts and food intake is almost the same since three weeks.prior to that i was at 2300 for two weeks. the macros are the same too but not hitting protien upto the mark being at C45P25F30 in an effort to meet the calorie goal first.
  • empressichel
    Another side effect of the reset is you get to grow your patience muscles to a size you never knew possible!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I'm trying to recall if you shared accuracy of logging food?
    By weight, right?

Some people may log 2000 but actually be eating 2300 because of inaccuracy.

And if you eat out frequently - accuracy is pretty much out the window.

Just curious, since that is the other side of the equation.
  • ibtmas
    6th Wk.Cals 2432 (2500 TDEE)
    Last wk wt 83kgs
    CW 83kgs.
    So half way down. After a sudden whoop up of 2kgs my weight has atlast stabilised. i was weighing daily and saw fluctuations between 82 and 83 kgs. i'm now sticking to the current numbers. I could also observe some firmness in my body last week and stomach did nt look ballooned up with food although the inches r the same. u were right @empressichel patience was the key! :D
  • ibtmas
    heybales wrote: »
    I'm trying to recall if you shared accuracy of logging food?
    By weight, right?

Some people may log 2000 but actually be eating 2300 because of inaccuracy.

And if you eat out frequently - accuracy is pretty much out the window.

Just curious, since that is the other side of the equation.

No i'm not using scale but use cups to measure. I cook food at home so i know i would not measure the cals upto the mark but would be somewht close. The weight has stabilised since last week so this too gives me some point in accuracy. Thanx for the follow up.