5'4 F 128 ...weight gain tips

Im 5'4 female, weighing 128 I would like to be 140. I don't want to gain much muscle, but I have been having a hard time gaining. I use maca root and considering adding apedamin

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Eat more food.
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Eat more food.

Thats so much easier said than done. I have a really hard time putting on weight, and eating alot.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Peanut butter...

What do you currently eat?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    naj1991 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Eat more food.

Thats so much easier said than done. I have a really hard time putting on weight, and eating alot.

eat calorie dense foods = ice cream, oreos, mass gainer shakes, bagels, etc,etc..just make sure you are still getting proper nutrition and meeting macros.
  • naj1991
    Peanut butter...

Lately, because of some dental work, i have just been focusing on eating 3 full meals with dessert. But before this (only a week ago) I am/was taking Maca root supplements and eating high calorie foods. 2 breaskfast meals, lunch, before dinner meal and dinner.
  • naj1991
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Why exactly do you want to gain more weight (if it's not in muscle), when you're in a perfectly healthy weight range. I mean 140 is still in a healthy weight range, but I'm curious as to why you'd want to just add more body fat.

because the kardashians....

Def. not because of them, ive wanted to be thicker long before we knew who they were and fake butts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Peanut butter...

Lately, because of some dental work, i have just been focusing on eating 3 full meals with dessert. But before this (only a week ago) I am/was taking Maca root supplements and eating high calorie foods. 2 breaskfast meals, lunch, before dinner meal and dinner.

I meant what actual food....?
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Fa
    Why exactly do you want to gain more weight (if it's not in muscle), when you're in a perfectly healthy weight range. I mean 140 is still in a healthy weight range, but I'm curious as to why you'd want to just add more body fat.

Ive always felt uncomfortable with my size. Ill post pics soon. Yes, 128 sounds normal,but im tired of wearing xs and size 3 pants. before this weight i was 105 for a long time. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Fair enough, but gaining weight without gaining muscle mass is kind of pointless in my opinion. I'm just afraid you will be disappointed when you gain 10 lbs and don't have the curves you envisioned. Look into getting on a structured lifting program. As someone who has been extra small everything growing up, I finally got curves when I started lifting heavy and put on a few pounds.

It's obviously not pointless to her,though. I agree she sounds an ideal weight - I'm 5'3 and 128 lbs is what I'm aiming for. But we're all different.
  • Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Well, what kinds of foods do you like?
  • naj1991
    Peanut butter...

I meant what actual food....?

Oh lol I knew that! Umm chicken, veggies, potatos, heavy cream shakes, cereal, milk , dairy in general, cakes, ice cream, pies, red meat...etc in no order. just depends on what i cook that day.
  • naj1991
    Fa

Ive always felt uncomfortable with my size. Ill post pics soon. Yes, 128 sounds normal,but im tired of wearing xs and size 3 pants. before this weight i was 105 for a long time. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Fair enough, but gaining weight without gaining muscle mass is kind of pointless in my opinion. I'm just afraid you will be disappointed when you gain 10 lbs and don't have the curves you envisioned. Look into getting on a structured lifting program. As someone who has been extra small everything growing up, I finally got curves when I started lifting heavy and put on a few pounds.

I lift...I have been for the past 3 years (and from 115 to 128 of my weight gain journey) I just think I would feel better with more fat on me at this point...i still appear small because i have alot of muscle...
  • naj1991
    Fa

It's obviously not pointless to her,though. I agree she sounds an ideal weight - I'm 5'3 and 128 lbs is what I'm aiming for. But we're all different.

thank you, I thought I'd be ok at 130...almost there..but I still feel too thin. I think 10-12 more pounds should put me where I want to be.
  • brizzlar
    brizzlar Posts: 86 Member
    Im 5'4 female, weighing 128 I would like to be 140. I don't want to gain much muscle, but I have been having a hard time gaining. I use maca root and considering adding apedamin

Get into eating oats . Cheap, healthy and great for weight gain.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    brizzlar wrote: »

Any foods that put you in a calorie surplus work.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

Oats are fine but keep in mind some people (like myself) may find them very filling.. so not so good for weight gain
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    sardelsa wrote: »

Oats are fine but keep in mind some people (like myself) may find them very filling.. so not so good for weight gain

And they are definitely not high calories.