READY!

BeyondApril
BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
I was not the healthiest all weekend, but back on track today. Looking forward to having this sounding board over the next 6-7 weeks.

I am headed to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, and there is typically not many healthy choices there, and I get sucked into the gravitational pull of the yummy appetizers! Does anyone have specific tips for navigating around the unhealthier choices? I am supposed to bring baked ziti (haha, I know, not traditional, but most of my nephews/nieces do not eat turkey!), and I think I will bring a roasted veggie side, so I can put a lot of that on my plate.

I am planning to review portion sizes the day before. What does 2 oz. of gravy really look like? How about 1/4 c stuffing? I think I will do my 1/2 plan where I eat only half of a portion of everything, but I eat 2/1 portion of the healthier stuff.

Anyone else with good tips?

Oh, I am also bringing a large San Pellegrino sparkling water with cut up limes to pour in my wine glass!

Replies

• kenikila2016
    kenikila2016 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same issue, my family goes all out for Thanksgiving. I was going to try small portions of just a few of my Thanksgiving favorites. I am also going to make a healthy dish and fill my plate with that first and turkey so I am filler before I dig into my favorites. Dessert is my greatest challenge because I have a serious sweet tooth