Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    TR0berts wrote: »
    @RoxieDawn - what do you mean, "my pop tarts are in the video?" When I read that, my thought is either: you were with him, and those are literally your Pop-Tarts; or you won a new flavor contest, and the Pop-Tarts in the video are the ones you created.

Did you watch Layne's clean eating video? He actually mentions the ability to incorporate poptarts into a flexible diet if you have enough calories. Ironically, Layne doesn't like poptarts.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited January 2017
    psuLemon wrote: »
    @RoxieDawn - what do you mean, "my pop tarts are in the video?" When I read that, my thought is either: you were with him, and those are literally your Pop-Tarts; or you won a new flavor contest, and the Pop-Tarts in the video are the ones you created.

Did you watch Layne's clean eating video? He actually mentions the ability to incorporate poptarts into a flexible diet if you have enough calories. Ironically, Layne doesn't like poptarts.

Maybe. I've seen two or three where he's talked primarily about IIFYM "vs." eating clean. How long ago did he put this particular one out?

Or, let me guess, there were no actual Pop-Tarts in the video? And this was just her being happy that he mentioned Pop-Tarts?

eta: Just found the thread - haven't seen that one yet. Watching now.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    bioklutz wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am up to 8 pound gain... pretty excited.

My grocery buggy last week was 3 gallons of ice cream, kiddy cereal, whole milk, pop tarts and well.. I did buy the Krispy Cream donuts too. The flexibility in my diet choices made a huge difference.. I am reaching calorie goals, hitting protein and I feel just fine.

Before coming here to post, if you have not seen it, @psuLemon posted a thread earlier today called Bro, do you even eat clean? well my pop tarts are in the video by Dr. Layne Norton and I am very ecstatic about that!

@JoRocka, how are you coming on the diet changes? Good luck this weekend I know you will kill it!

OMG! I forgot about pop tarts! I am currently working through some ice cream and a Costco size container of animal crackers.

Its been years and years since I bought a box of poptarts.. I have no idea how many flavors there are now, but the shelves are endless with flavors.. I stuck to my old child hood favorites, was not sure about the creamcicle or cotton candy ones. lol

Its just a reference he made in the video. And ironic since I just bought a couple of boxes.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Just watched the vid. It's basically the same thing he's done before. Hit your fiber, protein, and micros. Don't sweat having a treat then.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Just watched the vid. It's basically the same thing he's done before. Hit your fiber, protein, and micros. Don't sweat having a treat then.

Gosh I should not have posted this morning. leaving less excited about my progress and what I am doing.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Gosh I should not have posted this morning. leaving less excited about my progress and what I am doing.

Why does that make make you less excited?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I just came back from the grocery store with B&J's "Peanut Butter Half Baked" ohh yum sounds like my kind of flavour... I am super excited to try it tonight ;)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I just came back from the grocery store with B&J's "Peanut Butter Half Baked" ohh yum sounds like my kind of flavour... I am super excited to try it tonight ;)

It's beyond good.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

My problem is that my "treats" all have a buttload of fiber in them. All the bloats, all the water, much owies, bedroom smells awful.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I am looking for a little advice. I work out at home. Our house is going to be under construction for 10-14 days. It is a plumbing and electrical update so I won't be living at home.

I have a few options. I might be able to purchase a few day passes from a local gym. I might be able to still work out at home in the evening (with out heat in the house - brrrrr!). I have to run home twice during the week to empty the mail box. In any case I most likely will only get 2 full body workouts indeed of 3.

I am currently running all pro - a heavy, medium, light day for the week. For the 2 weeks do you think it makes sense to just do 2 heavy days since I won't be working out 3 days/week?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Two heavy days sound fine. That's what I was doing before strong curves. Full body compound lifts both days.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

My problem is that my "treats" all have a buttload of fiber in them. All the bloats, all the water, much owies, bedroom smells awful.

you're not supposed to stay in there and steam in it- you drop it and walk out- leave it for someone else to deal with later!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Two heavy days sound fine. That's what I was doing before strong curves. Full body compound lifts both days.

Thanks. I get a little nervous about going off program. I guess I shouldn't worry about it so much since it is only 2 weeks. Mostly I am feeling fat and worried about missing workouts! :wink:
    JoRocka wrote: »

you're not supposed to stay in there and steam in it- you drop it and walk out- leave it for someone else to deal with later!

There was a space heater at work that went missing and I was talking about it. One of the guys said he moved it into the mens bathroom. I was very confused and said you are only in there for a couple of minutes - why would you need it. A couple of the other guys spoke up and I guess that you don't just drop it - apparently it takes much longer and it gets cold. So either my husband is not normal cause he doesn't spend a lot of time in the bathroom or the guys at work need more fiber or something... I am so glad I don't share a bathroom with them!
  • Gallowmere1984

It's when I'm trying to go to sleep. If I ran away every time I bombed myself, I'd never actually sleep.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    7 day rolling average finally at 170lbs, that's 7 pounds up since the start of this thread. Still don't hate myself so I'll keep at it for another month or so.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

It's when I'm trying to go to sleep. If I ran away every time I bombed myself, I'd never actually sleep.

well at this point I gas myself in my sleep- I'm like the dog- sometimes I wake myself up confused as to why I woke up.

yeah- I'm the laughing stock of my house- so THIS I absolutely understand.
  • Gallowmere1984

well at this point I gas myself in my sleep- I'm like the dog- sometimes I wake myself up confused as to why I woke up.

yeah- I'm the laughing stock of my house- so THIS I absolutely understand.

Luckily, I live by myself. I feel compelled to both forewarn and apologize in advance to my girlfriend, every time she stays over.
  • DancingMoosie
    Gained another lb, but lifts were not up last week. I feel like bulk failed.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    Gained another lb, but lifts were not up last week. I feel like bulk failed.

Don't stress too much. We can all have a bad week.
  • DancingMoosie
    Real bad. I actually fell