Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    leajas1 wrote: »
    I'm eating pie for food today. Blackberry with a little raspberry and apple pies. With home made whip cream. NOMNOMNOM.

It's f**king game on for calories this weekend!

I'm tempted to start today as well, but I'm going to try to keep it to tomorrow and Friday. And there will be no logging.

I usually log- mostly because I want to try to see how much food I can actually eat. 4K minimum. In the past we used to do a Food challenge- I tried for 6 K the first time and fell woefully short. 4K was more realistic and I think I still came in at like 3500. It was pathetic. And I was *kitten* trying.

I think the most I've managed in a day was around 6k, but I could have gone a lot harder if not for the fact that 4500 of that was within a three hour cheat window.

6K is a LOT of food. Most people have no concept of what it is.

I'm happy with 4K

Last saturdays re-feed ended at 12.5k calories for me.

And I could have eaten more. Oops

Oh my.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm eating pie for food today. Blackberry with a little raspberry and apple pies. With home made whip cream. NOMNOMNOM.

I'm tempted to start today as well, but I'm going to try to keep it to tomorrow and Friday. And there will be no logging.

I usually log- mostly because I want to try to see how much food I can actually eat. 4K minimum. In the past we used to do a Food challenge- I tried for 6 K the first time and fell woefully short. 4K was more realistic and I think I still came in at like 3500. It was pathetic. And I was *kitten* trying.

I think the most I've managed in a day was around 6k, but I could have gone a lot harder if not for the fact that 4500 of that was within a three hour cheat window.

I'm happy with 4K

It's actually not much when you dgaf about food composition. I hit it with a large all meats pizza and an order of breadsticks. Hell, the sticks alone were 1500, and that wasn't even the ones with cheese, as I was mostly aiming for carbs.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

I'm happy with 4K

It's actually not much when you dgaf about food composition. I hit it with a large all meats pizza and an order of breadsticks. Hell, the sticks alone were 1500, and that wasn't even the ones with cheese, as I was mostly aiming for carbs.

I think even with the epic amount of tollhouse cookies I hate last year- I was still short. And I was trying.

I usually can get 2-3 okay- but 4 starts to be a stretch- unless I'm WILDLY underestimating.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    fernt21 wrote: »
    Hi I'm entering week 11 of my bulk. I started super lean so have nowhere to go but up. Starting weight 115, Ht 5'6. I do 4 sessions a week, 2 lower, 2 upper, but sometimes they are a little more full body, I do a lot of kettlebell moves. I am eating on average about 2700-2800 calories per day. The first 7 weeks I steadily gained 0.5 lb per week, but then hit a plateau and maintained at 115.5, then this past week i dropped to 114. So I upped my calories by 200 which means I'll have to net around 3000 calories per day. Interestingly even though the scale hasn't budged too much in the past few weeks, my skinny non-stretch jeans no longer fit in the butt and legs and I've had to pack them away. Also my husband randomly noted I have some back and shoulder mass now. so I think i'm making some progress. My situation is I have a 10 month old and am trying for number 2. I want some more mass heading into this pregnancy.

So you have been weight training and "eating in excess" for eight weeks or so, however the scale hasn't moved and you have gained visible muscle and mass in lower body?? This sounds like you are recomping, right?! NICE!

I am 5'8 and I appear very lean at 139 lbs. I have SOME muscles from primarily executing MOSTLY body weight exercises with dumbbell usage as well. I still have some chub on my arms that refuses to go away although the rest of me appears very fit... I WANT to FULLY commit to a bulk but I AM afraid of midsection and possible arm fat gains. lol I know we can't spot gain or lose obviously, but how nice would it be if "I' too could hold where I am weight wise (or just go up a few lbs), keep my waistline, but gain a bit more a88 and back definition/mass....decisions, decisions!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Hmm. I might be bulking by accidently eating too much at night, lol. I've gained 1.8lb in 2 weeks and am trying to keep up with lifting twice a week, but it's hard during the holidays when I'm out of town or my gym is closed. Hit the gym yesterday to get my lifts in before Thanksgiving, gym will be close rest of week.
  • Machokey
    Machokey Posts: 24 Member

I'm happy with 4K

The most I've done is 14k calories in one day.. And that was all in one meal :cold_sweat: God knows how much fat i ended up gaining after that 35min meal
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I never successfully cut from my bulk last winter, and now I'm still gaining wait. Maybe I should just call it a bulk and get on with it.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    I ate a whole 9x13 ice cream peanut parfait once but I have no idea how many cals it was.
    Vanilla ice cream then spanish peanuts, chocolate sauce, another layer of vanilla ice cream, peanuts, chocolate sauce and topped with whipped cream. Man it was good!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member

I'm happy with 4K

Oh my.

Does that mean challenge accepted? ;)
  • Wheelhouse15

I'm happy with 4K

If you are normally eating 4K without an issue then 6K might be doable from time-to-time but for most people who are eating around 2500 to 3000 per day that's a huge jump.
  • Wheelhouse15

I'm happy with 4K

You and Furious Pete need to get together for a challenge lol.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Update on bulk since I increased the calories to 3,500. Last week was the first week of being on 3,500 on this bulk and the weight shot up by 1.3kg/3.3lbs, half of which I assume was water weight as that was far too big of an increase otherwise as I'm only aiming for 0.5kg/1.1lbs a week. Thankfully this week, it settled down and I've gained 0.5/1.1lbs. I'll carry on as I am.
  • Gallowmere1984

I'm happy with 4K

If you are normally eating 4K without an issue then 6K might be doable from time-to-time but for most people who are eating around 2500 to 3000 per day that's a huge jump.

My normal intake for all but refeed days ranged anywhere from 1200/day on the day after the refeed, to 2400/day on most of the others, and it was all protein shakes and keto food. So nah, I wasn't usually pushing much volume, except for that one day of the week. Admittedly, it was miserable, but like I said, it was mostly within a three hour window. By the end of it, I was eating a breadstick, then taking a 15 minute break before the next one.
  • Wheelhouse15
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I never successfully cut from my bulk last winter, and now I'm still gaining wait. Maybe I should just call it a bulk and get on with it.

Everyone has their struggles. I personally don't call my weight gains a bulk unless it was planned and coupled with my lifting program for strength and size. However, if you feel that fighting it isn't working then that's probably the best way to go but you just need to set your target and be ready to cut or recomp when you hit it.

Good luck to you.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

I'm happy with 4K

Haha no way I would keep up with him for speed.

What's worse/funnier is that I would consider that a moderate re-feed. When I ended my last 12 week cut, I was well into the 30k's over the weekend. Not proud but so worth it.
  • Wheelhouse15

I'm happy with 4K

What's worse/funnier is that I would consider that a moderate re-feed. When I ended my last 12 week cut, I was well into the 30k's over the weekend. Not proud but so worth it.

Damn, is that over two days or three? Most people get food drunk around 8K!
  • Wheelhouse15

I'm happy with 4K

My normal intake for all but refeed days ranged anywhere from 1200/day on the day after the refeed, to 2400/day on most of the others, and it was all protein shakes and keto food. So nah, I wasn't usually pushing much volume, except for that one day of the week. Admittedly, it was miserable, but like I said, it was mostly within a three hour window. By the end of it, I was eating a breadstick, then taking a 15 minute break before the next one.

You were eating 1200/day? That's really low for a guy your size, I'm surprised you didn't unhinge your jaw and tilt back the fridge!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    What calorie bombs are you eating Thanksgiving day?

I am pleased that there will be pecan pie! I LOVE pecan pie and am so glad there won't my mom's usual pumpkin! We screwed up making the rolls - they ended up with double the amount of butter so they will be pretty heavy on calories. I am bringing a dry fermented apple cider (almost wine like) to go with the meal and something called apple pie hard cider for after dinner.

I am going to try to take it easy on the mashed potatoes since they are pretty filling to me and I might want a LARGE slice of pie! :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

I'm happy with 4K

Damn, is that over two days or three? Most people get food drunk around 8K!

That was 2 days. I did nap a lot and was basically in a food coma for 2 days after. The gym/pumps were outstanding the days after though.
  • Gallowmere1984

I'm happy with 4K

You were eating 1200/day? That's really low for a guy your size, I'm surprised you didn't unhinge your jaw and tilt back the fridge!

Just one day per week as a counterbalance for the refeed. I actually do great on very restrictive, or very heavy. It's the middle ground that I hate. I can do 800/day. I can do 3000/day. 2000/day just pisses me off.