The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• irie4200
    irie4200 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread. 39 years old with about 100lbs to lose. Would love some motivational friends
  • irie4200
    shele62 wrote: »
    UGH....Weigh In Day....the scale isn't moving! I know that isn't the only sign of progress-but it is a bummer! Same weight for two weeks. Still doing everything like I should. Trying hard not to get discouraged! (it's hard)! Anyway-its a new week-new start! Hope everyone has a GREAT week!

I’ve been in the same boat and was feeling quite discouraged. Then I went to buy some new pants and discovered I had dropped 4 sizes! Look for other victories ❤️
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    I didn’t even know the community side existed until like a week ago...anywhoo. I’m gonna be 46 in a couple of weeks. My diary is open. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I drink pickle juice and I spend an insane amount of time on Netflix. It’s a damn shame.
  • WNCguy
    WNCguy Posts: 45 Member
    HappyKat5 wrote: »
    I didn’t even know the community side existed until like a week ago...anywhoo. I’m gonna be 46 in a couple of weeks. My diary is open. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I drink pickle juice and I spend an insane amount of time on Netflix. It’s a damn shame.

Pickle juice ?
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Hi I'm new. Feel free to add me. I like doing outdoorsy type things - hiking, biking, running.
  • HappyKat5
    WNCguy wrote: »

Pickle juice ?

I actually don’t drink plain water at all due to medical issues, so, I stay hydrated with tea, Coke and pickle juice (but ONLY from Vlasic kosher dill pickle jars) No other pickle juice with do.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Hello friends...welcome to all the newcomers! Just a little advice to those who are new and want to add some friends. It helps greatly if you tell a little about yourself in the request. Also, a profile picture, and a little bit of info on your bio is helpful...at least the basics. I can't speak for everyone, but Personally, I am more inclined to accept a request if I can see a little bit about the person.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member

Pickle juice ?

I actually don’t drink plain water at all due to medical issues, so, I stay hydrated with tea, Coke and pickle juice (but ONLY from Vlasic kosher dill pickle jars) No other pickle juice with do.

You don't even look 36. Is the pickle juice your secret to the fountain of youth? If so how much do you drink?
  • PreciousGems1
    PreciousGems1 Posts: 27 Member
    Hubby is Cajun from Acadia, Maine, where you all came from at first... :)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    edited March 2018
    CajunTess wrote: »
    Hello friends...welcome to all the newcomers! Just a little advice to those who are new and want to add some friends. It helps greatly if you tell a little about yourself in the request. Also, a profile picture, and a little bit of info on your bio is helpful...at least the basics. I can't speak for everyone, but Personally, I am more inclined to accept a request if I can see a little bit about the person.

Spot on Tess!!! Dilly, dilly!!! ;)
  • HappyKat5
    DWBalboa wrote: »

Pickle juice ?

You don't even look 36. Is the pickle juice your secret to the fountain of youth? If so how much do you drink?

Thank you! I’ve drinking pickle juice since I was 10 years old, so maybe I look young is because I fermented inside
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    CajunTess wrote: »

Yes, I totally agree!!!
  • katiecamp7
    katiecamp7 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    46 yr old mother of 5. Trying to lose about 45 pounds.... again!
  • HappyKat5
    Ok, a lil bit more about me. I more interested in toning rather than weight loss. I eat a very restrictive diet due to having digestive disorders, my diary is open, but it’s pretty much the same every week although I am trying to incorporate new foods/ways of cooking each month. I love cardio classes (especially dance classes) and Spinning. I’m usually at the gym most days except for Sunday. I watch a lot of YouTube and Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime and Cable (I’m working on that) but I do love being outdoors.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Good Morning/Afternoon. I hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday! B)
  • irie4200
    Good Morning/Afternoon. I hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday! B)
    Good morning!! Have a fantastic day
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Good afternoon all. Feeling like I have been losing my will power. Eating to much lately. Any one have any good suggestion. I lost my mojo. B)
  • TX_Sheepdog
    TX_Sheepdog Posts: 21 Member
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Good afternoon all. Feeling like I have been losing my will power. Eating to much lately. Any one have any good suggestion. I lost my mojo. B)

I've been the same.. best thing I have found is keep doing the gym... it helps me get out of the funk
  • christinecameron47
    christinecameron47 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi everybody,im alittle over 50 now..finding it hard to lose weight..I'm eating same food,exercising,and doing portion control..but it seems like forever to lose even 2lbs.Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Ralphone wrote: »

I've been the same.. best thing I have found is keep doing the gym... it helps me get out of the funk

Thanks for the encouragement. Going to run and lift a bit now. thanks for taking the time out to answer back. Good luck