My second try at myfitnesspal

Hi this is my second time around to myfitness pal. I am currently 325 and my goal is to get down to 170 pounds i know i go ta long way to go 155 pounds to be exact. I am interested in some good recipes to keep me on track and also some work out plans as well. Friends would be nice too!

Replies

• mommy852
    mommy852 Posts: 1 Member
    Try the ketogenic diet. Look at in you tube or go to my dietdoctor.com. I had all 3 diabetes type 2, highblood pressure, and cholestrol. This is my second try to. Walking is the best workout. Try Walk away the pound with Leslie Sansone. Is the right way to exercise with no pain. I use to weigh 250 I am at 205 still needs lots to go. But I am second user to myfitness pal too. But I eliminated Sugar, bread, pasta, rice, chips and soda gone. Water, and hot tea. Oh and I dump the soda. I walk only 15 minutes a day. I hope this work because I was in the same struggle to lose and feel health. I am not worry about the losing I am worried about my biggest muscle my heart and blood numbers.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,097 Member
    No need to go ketogenic unless it is something you like and want to do. There are some extremely helpful posts linked in this http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest Read them and they will really help you.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    mommy852 wrote: »
    Try the ketogenic diet. Look at in you tube or go to my dietdoctor.com. I had all 3 diabetes type 2, highblood pressure, and cholestrol. This is my second try to. Walking is the best workout. Try Walk away the pound with Leslie Sansone. Is the right way to exercise with no pain. I use to weigh 250 I am at 205 still needs lots to go. But I am second user to myfitness pal too. But I eliminated Sugar, bread, pasta, rice, chips and soda gone. Water, and hot tea. Oh and I dump the soda. I walk only 15 minutes a day. I hope this work because I was in the same struggle to lose and feel health. I am not worry about the losing I am worried about my biggest muscle my heart and blood numbers.

keto is not for everyone, and not sustainable for everyone.and keto is also not good for some people with cholesterol issues. I have FH(familial hypercholesterolemia) and a high fat diet is not good for my cholesterol, for a healthy person it may help with their cholesterol,for some just losing weight can be a big help(same with HBP and diabetes).just saying that what works for one person will not always work for another or even be good for another.But if the OP wants to try that its up to them. but all thats needed to lose weight is a deficit,doesnt matter how you eat to do it(keto,LCHF,HCLF,paleo,vegetarian,etc)