2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Replies

• ruebus
    ruebus Posts: 7 Member
    Oh my. I really need this!

I'm 22, 2 weeks postpartum, I have two little boys (toddler and Infant) and I'm an extremely isolated social outcast with very poor hygiene and life skills. I desperately need to learn how to be a 'girl'. I'm also totally unfit and have to learn about nutrition and excersize, I get so confused and lose motivation. I used to be rather fit and slim (from being homeless) and I never had to think about it... when I transitioned to a more conventional lifestyle at 18 I didn't even know about running shoes. Now I'm married to a gorgeous, buff, social butterfly and I hate going out in public with him because I can see how much I embarass him. I need help!
  • Boymom8134
    Boymom8134 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would LOVE to be adopted! I'm new here! I'm 25 and a stay at home mom of 3 boys. My husband works a lot of long hours and will be leaving soon for a 13 month total deployment... not much of a support system. I have an ultimate goal of loosing at least 100lbs, right now I'm taking it slow with small goals of 20lbs at a time. I started with ketogenic diet and I very much like it! Mostly looking for someone to help with accountability and motivation!
  • callipipe
    callipipe Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    I generally kick butt in life - with the exception of taking care of myself. Have a good career, single mom (by choice :smile: ) to 3 great kids . . . just need to take care of me too and lose about 60 pounds. Have been here once before and lost a decent amount of weight but life and laziness happened. I'm ALL IN and just need some accountability!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Giant thanks to @Squidgeypaws007 @AJ_G @EbonyDahlia for being willing to mentor one of the many noobs who is posting in this discussion.

Noobs, reminder to reach out to mentors (don't expect them to come to you). And Welcome! We are thrilled to see people making connections and getting and giving great support.

• atombod
    atombod Posts: 3 Member
    I would love to mentor a couple of people. Feel free to add me and message me. I want to help people who are serious about making a change in their life.
  • brittanynkaska
    brittanynkaska Posts: 11 Member
    Would love to have a mentor, just moved to a new state so don't have family or friends. So I need a mentor to help push me, when I need it.
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Will be happy to adopt a noob... Down 66 pounds, 18 to go, not my first rodeo...
  • deedee2daxtreme
    deedee2daxtreme Posts: 17 Member
    I am interested in being adopted. I have morbidity obese mid-30 year old single female who have fatty liver desease, fybrommyia and pre-diabetic
  • LeaEmmaSaved
    LeaEmmaSaved Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'd love a mentor !
    I'm 30 , mother to 2 children , one of whom is autistic and an amazing child but life is tiring and I often turn to food to make myself feel less stressed .
    I've ballooned to a size 22-24 and weigh 20 stone
    I always fail with weight loss and always crash diet and also expect too much too quick !
    This time feels different and I'm prepared that This will take a while and prepared to eat the right amount of calories each day. MFP has suggested 1800 a day and that's fine

I really need strict but emphatic help :-)

God bless xx
    Lea - UK
  • BigBottomBabeMFP
    BigBottomBabeMFP Posts: 10 Member
    Vegan mentor wanted !!! For weight loss :-) xxx
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am happy to mentor!

I'm Becky, 30, 5'5", from the Chicago area. Will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary this year, and together we have three girls under six (one of whom is special needs). I work full time in sales for a heat transfer paper master distributor.

I've been on MFP since January 2016 with a starting weight of 230 and a goal of 140. I'm currently at 175 (55 pounds down!!).

I aim to lose roughly 1 lb/week and generally eat back most of my exercise calories, so I consistently eat 1600-2000 calories. I measure my calorie intake using a $10 food scale from Target and I measure my calorie burn with a Garmin vivosmart hr. I used to use a Fitbit Charge HR but the band broke on me after six months. I don't restrict any specific foods for weight loss, more based on personal preference. Eat what you like (in moderation), don't force yourself to eat "healthy" or "clean" foods you hate (yuck, kale!).

I log everything every day and weigh-in every day. This works for me, but what you need may be different.

If anyone is interested send me a FR or PM. I'm happy to help any way I can.
  • lluvia656
    lluvia656 Posts: 1 Member
    I need to be adopted

Hello,
    My name is Lluvia. I am from Mexico and have been living in Usa for 5 years. I currently have a consistent routine of working out 5 days per weeks.
    40 min morning
    40 min night
    Saturday around 55 min
    I usually swim during the mornings and do kettebell that had became one of my favorite exercises, I also run usually 3 miles for session.
    I need a lot of assistant regarding nutrition and probably workouts. I can said that I already look fit but I am looking for a six pack

I am 32 years old
    weight 103
    high 5"

Please let me know if you can help me :)
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Oh surely...I've been on MFP for years. Name is Jolene. Age 26. Mother of 3 kids, two with special needs. Full time college student. 5'4" high weight of 225lbs goal of 127lbs. I have dieted in many ways, successfully. I gained weight back from pregnancy and an injury where I was bedridden for 5 months time. I restarted on Oct 11th of 2016 and lost over 25lbs in about 10 weeks. I took a break and I'm back at it now :) I sometimes exercise using Zumba for Xbox Kinect or walk a little each day, but my weight loss is predominantly because of watching my diet. I do have days where I go over my goal and splurge but I'm still successful. I'll be trying some wonderslim diet foods soon... I will help a noobie who wants to eat what they love and atill lose weight. I will not judge if their daily intake is a box of twinkies. I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Gilmore Girls, superhero shows and long walks on the beach....well not really that last one. Maybe short walks to the gas station or something. I'm a vegetarian. Feel free to pm me :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    edited January 2017
    Thanks to all our new mentors! @Verity1111 @RA60172 @atombod @adipace815
  • debbiedavis1965
    debbiedavis1965 Posts: 23 Member
    I would love to be adopted. I started working on me in September I've lost 37 pounds so far. Want to loose 60 more. I could use all the help I can get!
  • andreasfebrianh
    andreasfebrianh Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Need to be adopted!

21 years old from Columbus Ohio and trying to get rid of my belly fat. Also needs a suggestion for right cardio training.

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 165.5
  • lizgonzalez0309
    lizgonzalez0309 Posts: 8 Member
    I would like to put myself out there and be adopted. I am 34 and am trying to change my lifestyle. I would like to be at a healthy weight by the end of this year which would be about -40 lbs. I think I can do it with some help and motivation. I have adopted a vegan diet and am always willing to learn new nutrition tips.
  • Hello! I have just joined today. I would so love to be adopted! What a brilliant idea. I am 47, working too hard and commuting. I have 3 children and have just acquired 2 bonus children.
    I have always struggled with my weight. Always. But it had been reasonably under control for a while. However, the last 2 years have seen a rapid weight gain and I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. Horrid. I don't even like going out. I haven't got anything to wear - nothing fits! Too terrified to weigh myself at the moment, but I reckon I have 40 lbs to lose. A big journey. Any help I could get would be amazing. Thank you!
  • brandie419
    brandie419 Posts: 2 Member
    up for adoption is a 31 yr old with 38 lbs to go (down 9 so far since jan. 1) someone adopt meeee :)
  • thoseshitufind
    thoseshitufind Posts: 1 Member
    Oh pls adopt me :( help me lose my weight :(
This discussion has been closed.