1/24/17: 213.0
    1/31/17: 210.2
    2/7/17: 208.4
    2/14/17: 210.4
    2/21/17: 212.0
    Lost Gained this week: 1.6
    Total weight lost: 1.0

This week's successes: None.
    This week's challenges: I’m so frustrated with myself. I still haven’t been able to get back into the swing of things after my illness, and I was doing so well, too. I’m not sure what’s going on with me. I’m finally feeling almost back to 100% and I still can’t get my act together. It’s depressing. I’ve almost undone all of my hard work at this point. I almost didn’t even get on the scale on my weigh in day, but I forced myself to, I was hoping that it would help push me to do better. It didn’t. I ate horribly again yesterday. Not sure where to go from here. I’m close to giving up.

Go easy on yourself. Maybe you're trying to change too many things at once and that gets overwhelming. Try making 1 major change at a time and just sticking with that change for a while before incorporating other changes. Maybe give up one thing like sugar or heavy starches. Don't give up. You can do this.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    newgirl57 wrote: »
    Week 8 ....

This week's successes: Well, I gained one pound back. That's not a success, but I know weight loss is not linear. I've been painting my kitchen this week, I finished the ceiling and now I'm working on the walls. It's been a lot of exercise, up and down the ladder, lots of bending and stretching, and every muscle I have hurts. I haven't been to the gym or done any long walks in 3 days, and I know I need that cardio to lose weight. But....my kitchen is looking really good!!!

Painting the ceiling is a real workout!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 786 Member
    newgirl57 wrote: »
    I know I need that cardio to lose weight. But....my kitchen is looking really good!!!

In my opinion functional fitness is the way to go. Just think how fit you would be and how great your whole house, garage, yard ........ would be if you did that kind of work all the time. Of course you might run out of money remodeling everything :D Hope you get over your soreness before you start your next FUNctional fitness project.
  • dabeck62
    dabeck62 Posts: 32 Member
    abbezen wrote: »
    55 days being smoke free! You guys are probably getting tired of seeing this

Not tired of it at all, keep telling us your success! You deserve to be proud of how well you're doing in both arenas. Many people gain weight after quitting smoking, so you have more reason to feel good about yourself. Keep it up!
  • newgirl57
    newgirl57 Posts: 43 Member
    Yeah, it's been a real workout. I am about half way with the walls. Lots of prep time caulking, etc. Unfortunately, there is no category for "painting" in the options to choose from. No idea how many calories I burned, but my muscles are telling me a LOT.

Thanks.
  • Toxtethogrady
    Toxtethogrady Posts: 68 Member
    Starting weight 1st Jan: 231lbs
    Goal weight: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 223 lbs
    Week weight loss: -1
    Total weight lost:8lbs
    This week's successes: Kept the Healthy Extra principles of SW which really helped in keeping within calorie range, hence the loss. I think it would have been more but I had to move my treat day. It's normally Saturday (straight after weigh in!) which gives me maximum time to burn it off. But this week it was Tuesday. Anyway, for the Brits out there I've now lost the equivalent of 4 bags of sugar

This week's challenges: Two weeks with hardly any exercise has made me feel soft around the middle. I think I will up it again and focus more on measurements. Going to a reunion so two treat days next week.
    Don't know about anyone else but I'm really enjoying this, learning different things through experience and from others on here. I really think this is a lifestyle change rather than a diet (hope I haven't spoke too soon)