Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• Shakti1010
    Shakti1010 Posts: 8 Member
    Please add me.
    Sunday 3.5.17 accountability:
    Dance
    Sauna yoga
    Core work
    Track everything
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    JFT Saturday
    - 1,000's of steps✔️
    - Stretch✔️
    - Laundry✔️
    - See my oldest boy✔️✔️
    - Burpees.... maybe✔️
    - Look into Whole 30 book- looked still thinking about.

JFT Sunday

- Family Day, enjoy but stay in control
    - Make good choices at dinner
    - Get steps in.
    - SO is coming home 2 days early nice surprise
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2017
    3/4
    20 minute exercise video :)
    Steps 6000 :)
    Drink 24 ounces of water :)
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Found out today it will be another 3-4 days to get my washing machine credit. Part of the team that issues the credits have the weekends off. They were not able to finish the process on Friday so I have to wait till they get back on Monday. They hope it will be a done deal by Tuesday at the latest. :s

3/5
    Steps 7000
    Drink 24 ounces of water
    Today my family is helping me celebrate my up coming birthday.
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Just for today: Saturday

Back on the water. 8 glasses-5 ugh
    10000 steps- :)

Really enjoyed my granddaughters party. All three babies have a stomach bug. Not even going to try today lol. Going to attempt to stay in hiding for a while and let the parents deal with whatever is being spewed by their tiny little orifices. Then I woke up from that dream......and I'm off to do laundry trash and dishes for starters. :o

Happy Sunday and be well!!!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Good morning! I hope everyone is starting to feel better from the colds so many seem to have.

@shenna333 Good luck with that. I know how difficult it can be having the adult kids move back in, much as we love them. Take time for yourself and try to establish some lines in the sand (easier said than done I know!)

I have been in a dark place lately and have not been doing any of the things I know I should be doing. Why do I sabotage myself? I know I feel better without sugar in my diet, and that lots of water makes me feel better. I know that journaling helps me keep a positive attitude. So, why have I spent the last week eating Girl Scout cookies and shoving crappy food in my mouth...not drinking water or journaling? UGH.

I have to pull myself together beginning today. So I'm going to keep it simple.

Just for Sunday:
    1. I will not eat chocolate
    2. I will journal everything I eat
    3. I will drink 64 oz of water today
    4. I will journal in my Gratitude book and read out of Simple Abundance...
    5. I will set aside 30 minutes in a quiet place thinking about what my stressors are; what I can change, what should I change first, what steps do I need to take to make that change, and what do I just need to accept. Maybe start writing my thoughts down to really look at what is at the root of it all.

2017 Word: Serenity
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2017

@shenna333
    Today my family is helping me celebrate my up coming birthday.

Happy upcoming Birthday!!

• PackerFanInGB
    Just for Sunday:
    1. I will not eat chocolate :)
    2. I will journal everything I eat :)
    3. I will drink 64 oz of water today :)
    4. I will journal in my Gratitude book and read out of Simple Abundance... :)
    5. I will set aside 30 minutes in a quiet place thinking about what my stressors are; what I can change, what should I change first, what steps do I need to take to make that change, and what do I just need to accept. Maybe start writing my thoughts down to really look at what is at the root of it all. :) I really needed this. I started a list and I have begun countering each individual item with a solution for either changing or accepting. Work in progress. Will be in my list for awhile yet.

Just for Monday [3/6]
    1. I will stick to my pre-logged, pre-packed breakfast and lunch at work
    2. I will drink at least 64 oz of water
    3. I will teach my class tomorrow with a smile in my voice and do my very best
    4. I will read Simple Abundance and gratitude journal
    5. I will exercise for 30 minutes
    6. I will continue to work on determining what I can change and how, and what I need to accept.
    7. I will NOT work later than 7 pm Monday night.
    8. Unplug and to bed one hour early to unwind

2017 Word: Serenity
  • kirbygirl41
    3/5
    Steps 7000 :/ 5500
    Drink 24 ounces of water :/ 16 ounces only
    Today my family is helping me celebrate my up coming birthday. :) It was great, I laughed so hard tonight that my abs might be sore tomorrow!

I went over my calories if I was trying to lose but at least they weren't in the gain weight zone!

3/6
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food stay under goal
    20 minutes of exercise
    Get enough work done on Monday so I can take Tuesday off
  • shenna333
    Just for today: Monday

Water 8 glasses
    10000 steps
    Focus
    Stay at or under calorie goal

So windy out no walking today. Babies are better, thank goodness. My daughter tidied the bathroom living AND dining room. What a much needed surprise!

@OConnell5483 Thanks for your encouraging words! Drawing lines and setting boundaries not my strong point. I also do the same kind of self sabotaging. Just got a box of S'mores yesterday. Good thing is I am learning as I go.
    @KayHBE Happy Birthday!!!

Have a great day! Be well in mind, body and spirit!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Didn't get on here at all yesterday - spent most of the day in bed, still not feeling good. Now hubby has this also. The only thing worse than being sick myself is having a husband that is sick.
    so drinking lots of OJ, and trying to do a little work around the house - but lots of rest in between.
    Our daughter came out and made a run to the grocery store for soup and orange juice, and brought home the most beautiful plant! SO some brightness is in our kitchen. A beautiful begonia plant.

so JFT, Monday
    1. concentrate on water
    2. watch what I eat, as appetitie is starting to return
    3. log all food

• TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Saturday:

Get in at least 8000 steps - ~10,500, I'll call that a win (and a reason for my bad foot hurting so much on Sunday)
    Paint - Yep - redid one painting, and turned what was going to be a color wheel into a piece I call F&$(ing around with Color.
    Do some cleaning - Also successful. Now if the new stove my landlord's appliance people bought would come in...

JFT Monday:
    Record, Record, Record
    Stay within allowances
    Build up momentum so can actually keep motivated during the weekend
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Last F 3/3/17
    1) Take care of myself with crummy head cold...at least it's just a stuffed up head and drippy nose, not the raw throat and coughing this time. But I can't think! Others at work are the same, no wonder I can't escape it again.
    2) Drink 10 glasses of water - Yes 10 :smile:
    3) If I start feeling better, get on treadmill for 1.5 miles - no dog walks with snow & ice covered streets and high of 23F. I've fallen enough times and have learned to be more cautious. No way.

For the weekend, log. Sat. Yes and Sun. sort of - I tracked Sun. mentally until the evening potluck, and totally gave up even guestimating. I did limit the portions and not take everything. Also, didn't take the most decadent desserts, but allowed myself two small(ish) pieces. My head cold was a bother all weekend, so no walking, but I did manage to do 3 loads of laundry yesterday.

Today M 3/6/17, had in-house training for the entire morning. Due to budget constraints, no refreshments provided except water. Therefore, no temptation! Head cold seems to be a little improved. For the rest of today:
    1) Walk 10,000 steps, including treadmill in evening
    2) Floss...with cold, my streak ended over weekend
    3) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Sunday:
    1. Rest :)
    2. 30-day ab challenge: 25 situps, 10 crunches, 10 leg raises, 15 second plank :)
    3. 10+ C water :)

Monday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    2. Track all food
    3. under 100G carbs
    4. try to do Zumba (still feeling a bit sick, but I am at least going to try!)
    5. 30-day ab challenge: rest day
    6. 10+ cups water
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Monday [3/6]
    1. I will stick to my pre-logged, pre-packed breakfast and lunch at work :neutral: Didn't have time to eat except for a yogurt this morning. Rough day.
    2. I will drink at least 64 oz of water :| Taught class all day and did drink water all afternoon but don't know how much I actually drank.
    3. I will teach my class tomorrow with a smile in my voice and do my very best :) Did my best, although it was a pretty stressful situation.
    4. I will read Simple Abundance and gratitude journal :) Read a chapter this morning. Will journal tonight.
    5. I will exercise for 30 minutes :/ I can tell right now this is not going to happen. Was on my feet teaching all day and I'm exhausted.
    6. I will continue to work on determining what I can change and how, and what I need to accept. :neutral: After today, I will have to move this to the top of my list.
    7. I will NOT work later than 7 pm Monday night. :) Worked until 5:30 and left my laptop at work so I wouldn't work tonight.
    8. Unplug and to bed one hour early to unwind. :) I plan to do this. I might even go to bed 2 hours early. Crossing my fingers!

Just for Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. Wake up 30 minutes earlier and take some "me" time in the morning. Maybe sip a cup of coffee and watch the weather.
    3. Stick to pre-logged foods tomorrow.
    4. Complete at least 5 items on To-Do list at work.
    5. Remove myself from negativity in the office
    6. Try to find a way to talk to the colleague I'm having issues with. Either talk to her or accept it and let it go.
    7. Take a real lunch break and maybe use it to take a walk
    8. Try really hard to turn my attitude from feeling stress to feeling energized
    9. Gratitude journal and Simple Abundance...
    10. Bed early. Unplug and unwind an hour before bed.

Have a great day everyone!
  • shenna333
    Just for today: Monday

Water 8 glasses :)
    10000 steps :)
    Focus ehh
    Stay at or under calorie goal :)

Just for today: Tuesday

Water 8 glasses
    10000 steps
    Stay at or under cals
    Focus!! Knock some things off to do list

Have a great day!
  • kirbygirl41
    3/6
    Steps 7000 :)
    Drink 32 ounces of water :/
    Log all food stay under goal :)
    20 minutes of exercise :)
    Get enough work done on Monday so I can take Tuesday off :)

3/7
    Steps 7000
    Exercise video
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study.
    Relax and enjoy my actual birthday. (Family celebrated on Sunday with me because today they all have work and school).
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    edited March 2017
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Monday:
    Record, Record, Record - Done
    Stay within allowances - Did not eat enough - got caught up in a video game. oops. Paying for it today - headachey and more tired than usual. bleh - forgetting my fitbit didn't help either - probably was off by over 600 calories instead of 400
    Build up momentum so can actually keep motivated during the weekend I can do this - It's important

JFT Tuesday:
    Record, record, record
    Eat better - aim for the target
    Maintain momentum
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    @kirbygirl41 Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day, and wishing many blessings for you. :)