Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

KnitOrMiss
KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
edited January 2018 in Social Groups
Since the 2016 thread has gotten so long, I figured we could start a new check in, for anyone who really doesn't want to read through 37 pages of posts!

So, go! Check in here about anything and everything keto or life related!

Previous Thread Link: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10291901/daily-check-in-for-keto-friends#latest

Replies

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Woo hoo, new year new thread! Let's go folks!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Getting back on plan and it is feeling great! I am beyond done with the Christmas carbage!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    still going strong with the new year's plan and I'm luving the keto rush.
    Feeling great about this year, and I feel ready to get some new things going.
    A few things are already in the works...early days, but it's just great.
  • BlakelyFaye
    BlakelyFaye Posts: 31 Member
    I've been doing Keto since May and have been hovering around a 30 pound loss since early November. I put on a pound or two over the holidays -- I'm not sure if it was carb creep (lots of keto treats, wine, more nuts than usual) or just too many calories. I just started tracking again after months of doing lazy keto, and I am back on track, I think. Glad to see a new thread for 2017 just as I am trying to re-engage with MFP!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    I'm starting week 2 of keto (more low carb actually) and I'm holding steady after a quick 1.5lb loss eating more total calories. I had a small bout of lethargy but bounced back pretty quick and now I'm coasting and workout intensity has stayed high. I weight train 6x/wk f.y.i
  • Suzanne_Pmonkey
    Suzanne_Pmonkey Posts: 387 Member
    I've been doing keto for 9 days now and I'm very hopeful that this is a woe I can stick with! @magerchuk I have pcos too and that was one of the many reasons I decided to give this a whirl.

@KnitOrMiss I lost 20-30 pounds in 4 months last year and then spent the other 8 months gaining and losing 5-10lbs. I like what you said about the metabolism break, it makes me feel a bit better about it. Hoping to avoid that with keto, but I know what an uphill battle it will be either way.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Good things on the near horizon. Staying close but not perfect on my keto plan. Still very happy with progress. Have found a new exercise buddy and that is a very interesting, unexpected development! We'll see how that goes...
    I really think this is going to be my year!!!
    Thanks for being here with me fitness pals!