feed a cold . . .

Waaah! I have a head cold. Big, snotty, boogery head cold.

I'm making extra-spicy thin green chile stew as my comfort food of choice today, but just curious of other folks' favorite head cold foods.

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I don't believe in the adage but when I have a cold I love hot tea or soup. Rest up and feel better soon!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    I don't know about a cold, but anything with good spicy New Mexico green chilis is ok with me!!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    It depends what the cold does to my appetite. It varies. Soup is always good. Also scrambled egg for some reason
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    My general remedies include:

Spicy foods
    Breathing in Steam
    Garlic Supplements (supposedly a natural immune system booster)

I also like to drink hot teas when I have a headcold. I tend to get a sore throat from sinus drainage, so the hot tea helps with that.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Rather than justifying eating more; I prefer to consume a high dosage of vitamin C, glutamine and multivitamins and hope for the best.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Rather than justifying eating more; I prefer to consume a high dosage of vitamin C, glutamine and multivitamins and hope for the best.

The good news is that chiles and tomatoes are loaded with vitamin C!
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Ibuprofen.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Peanut butter and brown sugar sandwiches, and hopefully the brown sugar is old and lumpy.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You have my sympathy. I've been hit with it also.

Potato and turkey curry for me. Don't know if it helps but it has warmed me up. Also vit c and zinc lozenge

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Lots of fluids. Hot tea, soup.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    My biggest problem when I have a cold is not getting enough fluids. I agree with others who said hot soups and teas, since they are comforting for me when I'm sick and provide extra hydration as well.

Spicy foods help clear my sinuses, also. That green chile stew sounds amazing.

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Hot toddies
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Hot toddies

Also this^
  • dannycorey
    dannycorey Posts: 5 Member
    I roasted an entire bulb of garlic and ate it. So delicious. Had some soup and tea and orange juice. Fingers crossed i'm back on top tomorrow
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    100% pure orange juice ... or orange juice mixed with pineapple juice. But no sugar added.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Vodka for over all cold bourbon for a cough, manuka honey, and peanut butter sandwiches on greek pita