Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Omg so excited I found this post.... where have ya all been all of my life !! I'm the everything in moderation eater. I count calories. .. try to stay around the 1200 mark give or take a slice of pizza :) please feel free to add me . New to the community and loving the ease of it all... happy eating ya al
    Me too! Finally someone else who also eats low calorie (most days) Lol. Not a lot of people on MFP eat 1200.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    Discovered I don't have to give up hot apple cider at Timothy's! Met friends for "coffee" tonight (none of us actually drink coffee; they had whipped hot chocolate) and realized a medium hot cider was 220 calories. And worth every one of them!
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    I eat clean and healthy sometimes along with whatever else I'm in the mood for. I log everything to keep track, good or "bad". This is a life change so all foods should fit in someway.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    I just had one of these. Yummy....
    gp8j4m8o8y7k.jpg

:drool:

Can't find those around here...
    If you know someone in an area that sells them...so worth it. Junk food at it's finest. :D

My parents are planning a trip to the states in May... Guess what's gonna land on the shopping list. :tongue:
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Has anyone tried Pip and nut cinnamon and honey cashew butter?

I had a fight last night with one arm trying to force feed me and the other arm trying to wrestle the spoon from my grasp. Looked like some thing out of an old comedy mime film :D

Imagine all the views on Youtube... you'd have been a millionaire in 5 minutes flat :tongue:
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    djwar9858 wrote: »
    I could live on 1200 calories of Lindt dark salted chocolate and Frosted Flakes.!! :)

Oh my goodness--have you tried the new Godiva Dark Chocolate Sea Salt?!? It is to die for!!!
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    I love this post! I mix in the whole foods, along with the not so whole foods....like pizza, candy, cookies, ice cream and such! Like everyone else in this thread, as long as it fits my calories, I'm good and have a very, very HAPPY tummy, lol!
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2017
    Cheesy mash and baked beans for dinner (with a few veg hiding underneath) - heaven
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »

Me too! I really hate stevia.

Oh no, we can't be friends anymore. I love my truvia :D
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    Sure! I used 4 bags of Shirataki noodles (792 g total, but I didn't throw them on a scale once I drained them, so I'm not positive whether that includes the water they were packed in or just the net noodle weight).

Recipe also calls for:

2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
    2 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil
    2 green onions, minced
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tsp grated fresh ginger
    2 tsp sugar
    1/2 c creamy peanut butter
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp rice vinegar
    1/2 tsp Asian chili paste
    1/3 c hot water
    1 small red onion in 1/4" slices
    1 small red bell peper in 1/4" slices
    2 tbsp minced cilantro
    2 tbsp chopped unsalted roasted peanuts.

Prepare the shirataki as directed on the package (drain in colander, boil 1-2 minutes, drain and put in dry skillet on medium until dried.) Toss with sesame oil.

In large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of canola oil over medium. Add green onions, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring 1 minute. Add sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and water. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Add additional hot water if you want a thinner consistency.

Heat remaining tbsp canola oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Add noodles and sauce and toss to coat. Serve garnished with cilantro and peanuts.

4 servings
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    spoiler: subway cookies are the debil.

I'm not generally a fan of white chocolate, but I love their white chocolate macadamia cookies! I haven't had one since I started counting calories... whenever we go in there to grab lunch I have to avert my eyes from the cookie cabinet!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    djwar9858 wrote: »
    I could live on 1200 calories of Lindt dark salted chocolate and Frosted Flakes.!! :)

Oh my goodness--have you tried the new Godiva Dark Chocolate Sea Salt?!? It is to die for!!!

I bought my dad some for Christmas with caramel in it. :)