Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    bratwurst, dirty rice, and chips for lunch today - mardi gras cookout at work!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Going to my in laws tomorrow for chicken and dumplings yaass. @sunfastrose I'm jelly; I haven't had ramen in foreevvverrr and I want some

I actually just bought the ingredients for quick/easy vegetarian "chicken" and dumplings! I'm excited to try it because I used to love the canned type before I quit eating meat and I've been craving it since then....which has been for about 10 or more years!
  • twobirdperch
    twobirdperch Posts: 33 Member
    Pork BBQ nachos for dinner: Chips, pork, queso, bbq, and sour cream.... Thank goodness I only got the half order! Glad I could work this in today.. it was well worth it.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Dinner time bonus - made Tomato pasta then tipped on the grated cheese, loads fell out and it was blooming gorgeous!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    It's my birthday this coming Monday, and yesterday I got my gift from my sister-in-law: a pasta machine!!! I only work 1/2 shift this Friday so once I leave work I'm going to the store for homemade ravioli and meat sauce ingredients ❤️❤️❤️
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Oh, and @Verity1111 did you make your 'chicken' and dumplings?! How did it go?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I need to make a cheeseburger and tater tots fit in my food diary soon!
  • Verity1111
    edited February 2017

I did! Went very well :D Maybe we need a non-clean eater food photo thread! Lol.
    IMG_20170224_153952_1.jpg
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »

I did! Went very well :D Maybe we need a non-clean eater food photo thread! Lol.

how did you make it? i want vegetarian dumplings!
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    I had paczki today - filled with cannoli cream. OMG - worth every fat gram and calorie. Life is too short not to celebrate Fat Tuesday with paczki.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Had a paczki to celebrate my interview going so well!! It was soooo amazing, I may have another.
  • Verity1111
    edited March 2017
    Verity1111 wrote: »

how did you make it? i want vegetarian dumplings!

So I totally cheated and used premade dough Lol. I literally made it in the microwave...but it can be made on the stove. I used Gardein for chicken, veg broth, cream of celery soup, fresh cut celery and carrots, a bit of garlic to season, green onion and pepper. The dough was actually biscuit dough! You just break it preferably into small pieces (I broke mine a bit big actually so I'll do smaller next time) and you cook it all together until the veggies soften and the dough is no longer "doughy" but still soft. try not to overcook or it will be hard in the middle. You can make simple dumplings though with simple ingredients. One example online uses: 2 cups flour
    4 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    3⁄4 cup milk
    4 tablespoons oil

Another seriously is just 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt and Ice water. I really liked the biscuit dough though it came out okay except I made them too big and I overcooked them because I was afraid they wouldnt be done lol They were still good. I simply cut them in half and let them soak some broth up before I ate them.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I eat dirty. Filthy dirty.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Had chocolate and popcorn for dinner last night because sometimes you just want to, lost 1.3 pounds on the scale this morning. :lol:
  • kylecpatterson
    kylecpatterson Posts: 38 Member
    Skinny people still can get cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, just saying...