Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I absolutely LOVE Kodiak Cakes... I want to suggest them every time I see a thread with one of those sad banana egg pancake recipes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2017
    I make protein pancakes with 1/2 Bisquick, 1/2 protein powder. Trutein Pumpkin Pie flavor makes amazing pumpkin pancakes. I usually add pecans, too.

I wonder whether the Kodiak has better macros. I'm going to have to look into that.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Man, it's getting time for an "off-plan" meal. I'm currently in training for my next powerlifting meet, and have to meet my calories and macros really closely. Every once in a while, I need cheeseburgers or chimichangas or cheesecake. Trying to decide what to eat. All suggestions welcome! :D

I could go for some chimichangas. I do love a good cheeseburger, though. And cheesecake...so so good.

I'm also a sucker for appetizer food like onion rings and cheese sticks.
  • fitoverfortymom
    I ate half a rotisserie chicken last night with some rice-a-roni and a popsicle because I had a ton of calories and carbs left at the end of the day...I think I qualify

You are a shining example of what we're all about.
  • fitoverfortymom
    I absolutely LOVE Kodiak Cakes... I want to suggest them every time I see a thread with one of those sad banana egg pancake recipes.

I want to try it so bad, but hubby and my daughter have Celiac and GF and we don't do gluten in the house... Sigh. I need to buy a special pan for my naughty gluten pancakes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Man, it's getting time for an "off-plan" meal. I'm currently in training for my next powerlifting meet, and have to meet my calories and macros really closely. Every once in a while, I need cheeseburgers or chimichangas or cheesecake. Trying to decide what to eat. All suggestions welcome! :D

I could go for some chimichangas. I do love a good cheeseburger, though. And cheesecake...so so good.

Oh, man! Buffalo Wild Wings onion rings with their spicy dip! More drooling going on here!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member

I am a new Kodiak Cakes convert... I make waffles with it about once a week and top with ff Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and whatever else I feel; last weekend some strawberries were involved

Also; had me a pint of Halo Top black cherry last night because I had a zillion calories and macros left. It was really good; lemon cake and birthday cake are still my faves though ❤️
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I eat pretty clean most of the time because I only eat 1450 and I prefer volume. Occasional nutitionally sketchy snack but nothing crazy. Add me
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Oh man switching the diet up by removing meat (for lent) except seafood and I was hungry a lot but started eating hummus and more dense foods which are all veggies, but I build in that allowance for some oreo's/icecream because that is what I enjoy eating and altogether I am sticking to that calorie goal.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    I ate half a rotisserie chicken last night with some rice-a-roni and a popsicle because I had a ton of calories and carbs left at the end of the day...I think I qualify

I love rice-a-roni.
  • Verity1111

Oh, man! Buffalo Wild Wings onion rings with their spicy dip! More drooling going on here!

I have 4 bottles of southwestern ranch left (notice I said left lol) from Buffalo Wild Wings. I bought them on E-bay because my location didn't have any. Pricey. No regrets. Lol.
  • Verity1111
    fascha wrote: »
    I eat pretty clean most of the time because I only eat 1450 and I prefer volume. Occasional nutitionally sketchy snack but nothing crazy. Add me

Hey as long as you dont judge us if we live on oreos and fries lol You can eat as clean as you want!
  • Verity1111

I am a new Kodiak Cakes convert... I make waffles with it about once a week and top with ff Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and whatever else I feel; last weekend some strawberries were involved

Also; had me a pint of Halo Top black cherry last night because I had a zillion calories and macros left. It was really good; lemon cake and birthday cake are still my faves though ❤️

I have fallen for a half cup of cookies and cream Halo Top on top of a medifast brownie while it's still hot. So good!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member

Everthing Bdubs!! I had a few too many adult beverages one evening, spent like 50 bucks on sauces! haha.
  • eroneree
    eroneree Posts: 6 Member
    Wings, burgers, chocolate. You are my people!

I'm still figuring this out, but right now as long as I can maintain a 500 calorie deficit I pretty much allow myself to eat whatever I want.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I feel like I had a small hand in derailing the 'garbage advice' thread into a discussion devoted largely to pizza, and I'm ok with that. It's been a fun way to waste the workday!

Reading along in that thread is kind of like watching a train wreck - it's horrifying but I can't look away.