Your dream bulk foods

Hey all! I've decided that since i need to gain weight anyways, I may as well do it the fun way! Which leads me to my question-If you were bulking, what foods would you include that you maybe can't (or can depending on your calorie goal) always fit into your daily intake? What would you eat if you were trying to gain muscle while on a progressive overload lifting program?
Excited to hear everyone's opinions!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Cheesecake with a ton of whipping cream.

I have it often enough that I don't feel deprived, but if I was bulking, that is something that would come into the more frequent category

Mmm probably more creamy sauce on my pasta too. Not deprived, just could eat more sauce.

Grilled prawns until I pass out?

3 instead of 2 glasses of wine?

Hmm, I am pretty pathetic, hope you get more adventurous replies.

Cheers, h.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    My mum's Nutella and peanut butter cheesecake.

Instabulk!
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Once, back when i bulked i used to make Junk Bowls:

Quark Mixed with Protien Powder, Angel Delight, Ice Cream, Cereal, And 1/2 choc bars... Post Gym Food baby, was about 1500 Calories on it's own!

Of course, that was on a "Strength Bulk" Body fat was not worried about at that stage!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Back when I was rowing and powerlifting; I used to regularly have 1kg of pasta, carbonara sauce, 2 chicken breasts and a pack of bacon. The ultimate strength gainer (not to mention waistline grower).
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    These are all things I want 700+ calorie portions of so it is difficult to have often even if I am bulking:

Cheesecake, peanut butter pie, hummingbird cake, french fries, shakes, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, white russian, cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, brie melted on fresh bakery bread
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Having all my meals in Italy.. or having an Italian personal chef make all my meals, either will work :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Lasagna alla Besciamella, garlic bread and Italian Cream Cake..

Currently supplementing with Krispy Cream, ice cream, homemade waffles with butter and maple syrup, homemade cinnamon raisin bread and pizza.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Bacon chili cheese fries! Nuff said.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Shots of buttercream icing.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Extra donuts! I still a donut when cutting. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    I am obsessed, or dare i say addicted, to ahi tuna and sushi.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Oooh these are all sounding so good guys *drools* for me, personally, it would have to be just a giant jar of peanut butter. That's all I need in life tbh
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Mashed potatoes with more mashed potatoes.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I want to be able to afford to pay a grizzled Turkish man to follow me around and make doner kebabs for me whenever I want one. He'd never be able to stop cooking, and I'd look like White Goodman at the end of Dodgeball, within a few months.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Pepperoni pizza...extra greasy. Garlic knots. Cannoli. Lots and lots of cannoli.
  • dmiivanov
    dmiivanov Posts: 49 Member

First of, 2-3 meals per day so you get hungry, properly .. ;)
    then bacon, and rib eye roast.. and 6 eggs per day at least. Oh, and whole milk with every meal , of course.. a gallon per day ..
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Last year for my 30th birthday I gave myself the gift of a bulk. I knew I was going to start off with slutty brownies. Layer of chocolate chip cookie, layer of oreos, layer of brownie, reeses pieces and chocolate frosting. Oh I got fat. And still am. My face was so slim in that pic.

wabaluu37cj0.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Lots of pasta and bolognese...