new to the group

new to the group

Replies

• CornflakeGirl01
    CornflakeGirl01 Posts: 25 Member
    Me too Dallas! Hi and happy clean eating! LOL
  • mamitaloca2016
    mamitaloca2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, I am new to the group. I want to start clean eating, but I have no clue of where to start. Help me out please.
  • sarodriguez372
    sarodriguez372 Posts: 21 Member
    New to the group... I try to eat as clean as I can which means no processed foods. I follow a paleo version of eating most times as I am lactose intolerant so that works good for me.
  • debihebner830
    debihebner830 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm new to MYFitnessPal and to the group. Would love to meet and make new friends to help motivate and encourage me on my weight loss journey. I'm starting the Atkins diet today and I hope everything goes great,
  • EmineFr
    EmineFr Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and to MYFitnessPal...all is overwhelming.
  • charmurr
    charmurr Posts: 49 Member
    EmineFr wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and to MYFitnessPal...all is overwhelming.

Just remember to have some fun here. Relax and know that there are others like you. However you will need to find them. What's overwhelming to me is all the different circumstances people have as to why they are here. Each having some sort of expectation. For me, it's to make me more aware. The more I write, the more I become aware.
  • charmurr
    Hello, I am new to the group. I want to start clean eating, but I have no clue of where to start. Help me out please.

I began on the internet looking up the definition of clean eating. From there I cut out all processed foods. There is a whole world out there and it's been exciting. I have come to the point where I actually enjoy looking for ways to eliminate certain foods. Cashews and beans can replace dairy. Lentils can replace nuts in a trail mix. Walnuts can replace certain meats. Avocados can create a dessert. I go to library and borrow recipes books to get ideas and of course your computer is a wealth of info.
  • charmurr
    New to the group... I try to eat as clean as I can which means no processed foods. I follow a paleo version of eating most times as I am lactose intolerant so that works good for me.

I don't do dairy and have pretty much replaced it with nuts and beans. You can make all sauces with these two things. My coffee creamer is cashew based. My alfredo sauce is white bean based. Even my clam chowder is thicken with beans and/or potatoes.
  • mmelnikov3
    mmelnikov3 Posts: 4 Member
    I've read several different links and had collected some wonderful ideas, already. Thank you for sharing so much useful info. Counting my calories in the last couple of weeks has made me aware of why I have gained so much weight in the last few years.
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    If anyone wants another member on their cheer squad, I've been on a mainly whole foods vegetarian diet for over 12 months and am currently transitioning to full vegan whole foods (plus an egg once or twice a week from free range chickens when I get some again.) I am also trying to get to be growing most of what I will be eating.
  • charmurr
    5n00py wrote: »
    If anyone wants another member on their cheer squad, I've been on a mainly whole foods vegetarian diet for over 12 months and am currently transitioning to full vegan whole foods (plus an egg once or twice a week from free range chickens when I get some again.) I am also trying to get to be growing most of what I will be eating.

I would love to have someone on my cheer squad. Though I haven't transitioned entirely to vegan, some say I'm damn near there and it's been fun. Fresh and interesting.
  • VZengel
    VZengel Posts: 7 Member

• VZengel
    VZengel Posts: 7 Member
    Clean eating as I understand it is to eat foods as they occure in nature. For example if you want turkey breast go to the meat department and get a boneless skinless breast and cook it at
    home as opposed to getting processed turkey breast out of the deli.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    I'm new here. I'm struggling to eat completely clean. I need help
  • mmenuey27
    mmenuey27 Posts: 51 Member
    Hello. I am new to the group and only somewhat familiar with clean eating. Happy Tuesday all!!!
  • taniabana
    taniabana Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Y'all
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Hi all, I'm Melissa and I'm new to this group. I'm about 65%-70% clean. I do however stay away from fried food as much as possible and am very cautious of what is in my food that I'm putting in my body. Would love to have some like minded friends who care a little more about eating healthy, beneficial food then just staying under their daily Calories. :smile:
  • sanch26
    sanch26 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi!! New to the group but about 66 days into my get healthy lifestyle!!! I am also using my fitbit, looking for friends/butt kickers/accountability partners!