97lbs and NEED to put on some weight

I'm just starting this out and I need tips on gaming weight, I cannot gain it for the life of me. Trying this out, any tips or suggestions would be very awesome!

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Have a look at the Most Helpful Posts at the top of the forum - especially the one called are you a hard gainer (I haven't worked out how to copy the link on my phone!) Set your mfp goals to gain .5 or 1 lb per week and weigh your food (I found I had been overestimating how much I was eating ) The thread mentioned above gives a great list of calories dense foods,which is really helpful if you don't have much of an appetite and can't manage big meals. Some will probably advise you to also start a lifting programme but for me personally,I found I needed to gain a little weight and energy before I was able to start lifting.
  • chammegan
    chammegan Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you so much! This was very helpful!!
  • Bradywho1
    Bradywho1 Posts: 22 Member
    Follow these steps!....
    Step one: eat food
    Step two: sleep
    Step three: exercise
  • chammegan
    Thanks a bunch!!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    If you do exercise don't forget to log it and eat back the calories!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Calorie dense foods are my saviour when gaining.

Nut butters are my favourite. Pip & nut cinnamon cashew butter is over 100 calories for a tea spoon and I can eat 6-7 of them off the belt :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    If you do exercise don't forget to log it and eat back the calories!

This can be especially important when trying to gain. Using me as an example: I was barely losing at 1850/day when sedentary. Now that I am working on bulking, I lift 4x per week and walk 10-18 miles per day. This has resulted in me having to eat 3200-4500 per day, depending on how much I move, and I'm still only gaining an average of 0.53 lbs./week. Apparently I misjudged a bit in the past week, and it's nearly come to a halt, even with an average of 3824.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Eating more and doing some strength training will help you add weight in a better muscle/fat ratio than just eating more. Start slow and easy, work your way up. Track as accurately as possible. Keep your diary open for more specific advice. Good luck on your journey.
  • chammegan
    Thanks everyone!! All very helpful!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Peanut/almond butter, ice cream, granola, trail mix, etc.
  • chammegan
    Thank you!
  • whitney12rodriguez
    whitney12rodriguez Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2017
    I started this 12 week shortcut to size on bodyspace on January 9. It comes complete with meal plan and exercise. My starting weight was 93lbs. Right now I am on week 4 and weigh 97lbs. You should total give it a shot.
  • chammegan
    I started this 12 week shortcut to size on bodyspace on January 9. It comes complete with meal plan and exercise. My starting weight was 93lbs. Right now I am on week 4 and weigh 97lbs. You should total give it a shot.
    That would be very awesome! Thank you!