• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2017
    OK - I am going to just post a bit of what I typed tonight. Will post the others in sections. I was really in a talkative mood ... wasn't thrilled with the Grammy's this year. IF they had a "Prince" music section ... I totally zoned through it.

Sue and Katla – We enjoy blueberries, too. I, personally, found them to be an ‘acquired taste’; but, once I got through that … LOVE ‘EM!!! My DDnL#1’s mother’s former in-law’s live a couple of counties north of us; and, he has some ‘blueberry’ TREES! They are old, well established bushes … when they are ‘in season’ … he practically ‘begs’ people to come up and pick to their hearts’ content. We just finished off our last batch. We planted about six bushes a few years ago; and, last summer, one put out enough berries to last us all winter. I went out 2 or 3x a day to pick them. I finally had to ‘cut’ the gages around them off; because they were digging into my hands and arms. The little bush isn’t 4’ tall. Unfortunately, the deer have found our Muscatine and Scuppernong (grape) bushes. They strip them clean in one night. This year, Louis is ‘supposed’ to build some type of fence around them. Makes great grape jelly! Lots of work; but, worth it.

Carey – Great quote! Soooooo true!

Becky – I remember when one of my nieces and family moved to Colorado from Atlanta (which gets some snow and ice – and 2” is usually a ‘snow day’. First winter in Colorada was awful! Lots and lots and lots of snow that year. Has 4 children and they were in elementary and middle school at the time. Her neighbor was her BF; and, that morning she called her and asked if they had announced a ‘snow day’. LOL! The friend told her, ‘this isn’t a snow day’. Neighbor volunteered to take them to school. Melt and a few weeks later, more snow – more inches. Another call, ‘is this a snow day’. Nope, went on for several weeks. Niece would NOT drive in it, she walked the kids to school a few times until she fell. So friend tells her, ‘I will let your know when it is a ‘snow day’. Early one morning friend calls and tells her to ‘look out the window … she’d know then what would be a ‘snow day’. BLIZZARD conditions! LOL! That was about 5 years of not liking living outside of Georgia. Her hubby and 4 children were really into snow sports and things; but, the first day they went skiing, she fell and broke her leg and then had to sit out the week reading in the Lodge. Hubby and children could go ‘all they wanted’. She wanted no part of it. But, she did like it out there the rest of the year. They all ran, biked, climbed, and swam. My DH went out there for one month to see if he wanted to take a job with a friend he had met when working together. We had gone out there in the early Fall; beautiful. I was ‘up for a different location’ … I’ve lived in GA all my life, other than the first 2 years of our marriage. So, he drives straight-thru … 2 days of hard driving. It starts snowing the day he got there and did NOT stop until the day he left. Thankfully, he ‘knew’ I was not going to agree to that move. We’d probably ‘be divorced’ if we had. I am way too ‘cold-natured’ to enjoy it.

When my sister and her at-the-time husband lived in Chattanooga, TN it was ‘predicted’ to snow that night. I got ‘all excited’ but she told me, ‘ah, you can’t go by that … way that Chattanooga is situation in the mountains (sort of in a bowl) … it rarely snowed there with any accumulation. Well, we were supposed to leave the next morning … snow so deep you could not move! I had ‘fun’ playing in it; but, live in it? NAHDA! You Northerners can keep it. The next time we got stuck at their ho[couse was when a Gulf Coast Hurricane stalled over South Georgia … flooding so bad we could not get back across the Flint River. So we got an extra week of vacation.

Called my boss daily to see if our house had flooded. We lived on a short, one block street … flooded at either end; but not around our house. When the bad storms hit this area this past January (2 in 3 weeks) … the only damage to our old house was that the big oak tree outside our bedroom window got uprooted and fell toward the street instead of into the house. Straight line winds on the 2nd; then a wedge-shaped tornado touched down right near the airport; lifted up, crossed the river and set down, travelled 70+ miles through 6 counties. Fifteen left dead in its path. Was over a mile wide in some places. Now I know why our children come over every time we get storm warnings. It took out an entire ‘large’ mobile home park on the east side of town. Flattened everything. One child had been put in an ‘old refrigerator-type room and was found safe and sound.

Pip – Watching the Grammys … oh, I guess I am getting ‘too old’ for some of this genres of music. Why get up on stage with your boxers? For some reason, I really just want to turn it off; but, Louis is having ‘way too much fun asking … WTF’? I just can’t take that away from him. He is falling asleep now … so it is being turned to something else. Even the freaking ‘news’ channel would be more entertaining. I don’t care for Beyoncé as it is. I guess I am too into ‘country music’ genre … so far, they have not won yet. Little Big Town … ok; somebody else, not in the country music genre and a “Prince” selection. Not too fond of Katie Perry …

Margaret – I agree – sometimes ‘just being there is what is important’. When my BF lost her husband, she ‘locked herself in her room and refused to allow her 2 sisters in’. Her step-children were ramrodding their plans for their Dad’s funeral, her Mother-in-Law who had been staying during his last illness was staying there. I came over, and went to ‘knock on her BR door’. Her sisters come ‘flying in the house’ … and saying she would not open the door for anybody. I knocked on the door, telling her it was me and to open the door … she opened it and we sat in the darkened room for a couple of hours. Didn’t talk for a while; then, the fount opened up. I went back out and told ‘everybody’ to ‘go home’ … NOW! She had put up with her husband’s ‘ex’, who was a nurse at the hospital, coming up to the ICU and ‘acting’ like they were still married and getting ‘information’ that she, as his present wife should get. MD came in, saw the ‘ex’ and adult daughters in there and said that it was getting time to start ‘discussing’ taking him off ‘life support’. Then she admitted she wasn’t his wife. She had gone home to get a change of clothes … wasn’t gone 5 minutes. I think I would have locked them out, too.

Cheri – Great NSV and SV! Isn’t it great to try on something and it fit after a long time of not doing so … or being too big. I had clothes from when I was a size 10 right on up to a ‘tight’ 18. When I had to buy an 18 for my DYS’s wedding … I knew that I had to do something about it then, or else … I would be my mother’s ‘mini-me’.
    Sorry you woke up with a headache. I used to suffer awfully from ‘migraines’. If you have never had one … you don’t want one, for sure. It will knock you on your butt.

Barbie – We are all so happy that you either ‘started or took over this thread’. You have made a very comfortable home for us to ‘come to’.

Michele – I will put down ‘running errands’ as a ‘slow walk’ for 30 minutes … I figure that is the time I ‘spend out of the car’. Nurse/MD said, ‘it isn’t really cardio; but, it is ‘movement’. But, that I needed to work up to 40 minutes of exercise 3x a week. I am trying to do 40 minutes daily. Something has to kick me off this wide plateau I’ve been on for 2 months … losing and finding the same 2lbs.

FINALLY, something I like (whoops, that didn’t last long) … Katie Perry … nope don’t care for her genre … or what she is into now.

See y'all in the morning!!!

Lenora

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2017
    :* - Nighty-Night, y'all!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,745 Member
    tekavincent ... Prayers for you and your family. Hugs.

Beth
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    I never grew up around any relativess
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Well ladies I got way behind and have been trying to catch-up but isn't going to happen. On Tuesday I got a sting on my eyelid which resulted in my eye swelling all most shut. The swelling went half way down my cheek. Long story short, I am way behind.
    Karen- Olivia is beautiful. My DGD is named Olivia. She was a premie and only weighed three pounds. But now she is a beautiful 14 year old. Sending prayers for your Olivia.
    Re - we used to put "bump" to mark out place. I don't know why we did that lol. I have missed so much but it seems something is going on In your family, I hope it isn't too serious.
    Cheri- we always say it may freeEagainif the pecan trees haven't leaved out. But 89 sure looks like spring.
    Well, will try again to,orrow but I am 9 pages behind.
    SueBDew inTX
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Hi Gals,

I’m many days behind (400+ posts) so will scan and comment as I go…. Please excuse late to the party comments! Ok so that took 3 hours of reading, but am caught up, tomorrow I’ll write about my 3 days with my mom! Oh how often I thought of you all….

Karen – hope new grandbaby is ok
    Karen Virginia – hope Olivia is ok Later - Karen glad you two are going out to visit and support all… even later – glad to hear she’s doing a bit better.

Lisa and DH – hang in!!! hope all goes well

Katla – glad surgery for DH went well

Marni – loved the story about the sled dog ride without the musher…. Sending good thoughts for Quinn

Lanette - You comment about the gal you worked with that didn’t like “Damn” made me think of the time, as a kid I got in big trouble, even got my mouth washed out with soap by my mom for using that word, how ever I was talking about my homework and dams – the kind that hold back water…. She reacted before she listened…

Sherry -love the giraffe

Joyce – I tried a gutter guard on part of my gutters and found that it got so covered in leaves that the water would not go through and there was as much work involved in cleaning the guard as there was in cleaning the gutter… so 6 of one ½ dozen of the other….

Becca – I’m in on the compound - That is a long held dream of mine! And within the compound it could be the barter system!

Lisa – I love the reasoning “because wild rice is usually, well, you know, various shades of BROWN” so perfect!!!!

Cheri – please share!

Tekavincent – sorry to hear of the loss, sending thoughts of peace

February Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******
    Read and report on a book –
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday –
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle -

Smiles.
    Kim in N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    When I posted the picture above with Darth Vader and Princess Liea, I guess it I didn't show my explanation. Today was my daughters church's Princess Ball. Which a glorified father daughter event. My youngest grand daughter wanted to go as Princess Leia which meant that her dad needed to go as Darth Vader. I have a picture of all the Dads and heir darters coming down the big staircase with their daughters, led of course by Darth Vader to the Emperial March from a Star Wars. The other lovely young lady is my other granddaughter Trinity. The teenagers for as volunteers. The guys are in tuxes and the girls are in formal wear. Ellie did her own hair. My son in law did say that if any Dad wanted to do that that he recommended they rig up a fan in the mask.

JOyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,188 Member
    Hi,
    Just taking a minute before getting ready to get on the train to London. I will be glad to see my friend, but it will be tinged with sadness.
    Kim - Glad to see you back. I have been thinking of you.

DH is exercising, but I'm giving myself a day off. Got to beautify. ;):D

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Allie - Thanks for the encouragement for my brother's home dialysis.
    Have you and Tom been to a counsellor? Remember we can only change ourselves. Good luck.

Katla - My ex in a 12 step program? Maybe? He talked about our karmic lifes.

Lenora - My ex is not dying or even sick. I asked him outright and confirmed with his sister.

Karen in Virginia - Thanks for the Olivia update. This is a difficult time for all of you. Sending you hugs. I am sure you will be appreciated once you are there.

Ginger - Your Mom looks fantastic at 90

Lisa- Sending good thoughts for your DH's surgery this coming week.

Lanette - Happy 40th anniversary.

Katla - So glad that your DH is doing well after his surgery. Wishing continued healing for him.

Sarah - Giggling about the person who had to weigh all those things. Now there's a job!

Joyce in Alberta - Welcome. I'm down here in Lethbridge. Where are you?

Tammy - Those photos are fabulous. Winter can be so beautiful.

Janetr - Congratulations on your Win!

I know I missed a bunch of you but this was a lot of reading to catch up.

Friday - 6 a.m. at the store again. I don't mind getting up but the whole getting there for 6 now wears me out. It was my favourite time to be at work for years.
    One of the guys fell on the ice and wrenched his back. My boss's response - " Can he hang on until 1 p.m." The lack of sympathy or genuine caring really gets to me.

I went and had my nails done on Friday afternoon. The black and silver is a real departure for me from the usual. I love them.

Mel's surgery for the home dialysis went well. He was well enough to drive himself to dialysis on Saturday. He felt excellent after and had no pain while walking. First run will be done on the 27th at the hospital with a couple of training sessions after that.

We went for Vietnamese food because that's what Larry wanted. I did the best I could for the No Sugar but feel certain there was some in my Wor Won Ton and in the spring rolls. I was campaigning for steak because I know I can control that.

Saturday - I got upset because they were late bringing Harmony. They said they were bringing her after swim lessons and didn't bring her until after 1p.m. I was waiting in the car as I was picking up Jheri and Keira to go to Sing. We were late getting to the theatre so couldn't sit together. The girls sat together in front of Jheri. It was a cute movie and the two of them rocked out through all the songs. They were so happy.
    picked up my DS and her bread maker with a stop at the grocery store. Keira joined us for a nice chicken dinner. I made No Sugar bread and Fudge Brownies. After supper my back had pretty much given out. Rested and then made the girls bed. Story time and lots of giggles. I love those little ones so much. They called themselves the "penguin twinsies" because they had both brought the pyjamas that I gave them for Christmas.
    It was a good day.

Today I had coffee while the girls built a doll house out of recycling, complete with a pool and furniture. We had a dance session and then art time. Grandpa came in and made breakfast. I was not allowed to make pancakes because that was a Grandpa/Keira tradition. I really missed my syrup this morning. We did puzzles and sang after kitchen clean up. I loved having them but missed Greysyn. I know he is growing up but it is hard as we spent so much time together.
    This afternoon we went to Fences - not my favourite and Larry had a nap through part of it.
    Big fight when we got home. Apparently if I had complained more he would not have drank as much and we would be in better financial condition. Wow! As if anything or anybody could have stopped him from drinking. I should have known something was coming. Time for a tune up. All those years of drinking he is trying to say are my fault. No way I will accept that. He felt better after the fight. I felt like a limp rag. GRRRRR

-Sharon in Lethbridge.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Forgot this month's goals
    -Move More, Whine Less (work in progress)
    -Give some a compliment/sincere thank you each day
    -Do Something fun each day (many things today with the Princesses)
    -Actively strive to improve
    - Stick to the No Sugar Plan (No Sugar fudge brownies killed my chocolate crave)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Slept 10 hrs straight... Tom took my car again today as it is icy out and I will take his car.. the wind is starting to pick up .. so gonna be cold and windy today..I have to work 8:30-5 but will probably have to leave and take my grandaughter to school..
    Gonna hop in the shower and get ready for work..
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Good morming, quick check in, it has been snowing non stop since yesterday and I am taking a quick warm up break before going back out. I have made a trench to my car door and hopefully my snow removal guy comes before I have to leave as there is a huge wall of snow behind my car. For those who don't get snow, this is what it is like in the country. A huge snow plow goes down your road cleaning the snow but depositing it in front of your driveway, with every plough, the wall gets bigger, more compact and very difficult to shovel. We have a long country driveway so we pay someone to do most of it but we have to do from the door to the cars and all in between.

Have a great day everyone. <3 Sarah, very snowy Ontario, Canada
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    welcome Robyn. Lots of teachers retired or not on this thread! Keep checking in with us, it's fun keeping up.

Got my 2hour delay to the school day, and I really need it cause I was super lazy yesterday with the ice storm, we didn't get out, I ate a lot, and didn't prep any clothes for the week so I'm off to iron before I leave for work. Still gonna pack my lunch and gym bag to have a positive effect on the start of my week.

NYKAREN
  • sae12
    sae12 Posts: 37 Member
    Good Morning Everyone

My February 2017 Resolutions

1. Log my food
    2. Take the stairs at work
    3. Increase my water intake
    4. Increase my steps to 12000
    5. File taxes
    6. Clean out my closets!