INSANITY

Is anyone else here doing INSANITY? I'm on my third week!!!! So excited for the fit test.

Replies

• SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    That's awesome! I did Insanity many years ago. I just finished doing Insanity Max 30. Those super long workouts in Month 2 is why I haven't returned to the original Insanity but it is an awesome workout!
  • littlejen1983
    littlejen1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello :)
    I did my fitness test on monday night - and was suprised by the results!
    How are you getting on? xx
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    OMG I know I'm pretty late to Insanity since it's a couple years old but it's so encouraging to see others still doing it.

Today is my fit test, I just had breakfast so I'm going to do the workout a little later. Its the first day of the third week and I know I've improved since day 1.

When I started I was 215 pounds and I'm 210 pounds now. My goal is to be around 175 pounds, I hope I remain committed to the rest of the schedule. I'm surprised I made it this far and I'm actually seeing results, it's crazy!!

What week are u on??
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Started Insanity about 3 weeks ago, but had to take last week off due to illness. I'm feeling a bit better, but caught up yesterday! Doing Plyo tonight :smile: I am also doing strength training
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I love shaun t!!!
  • Mahdi22
    Finished my fit test yesterday, can't wait till the next fit test ☺️
  • VickyObe
    VickyObe Posts: 15 Member
    I'm doing Insanity as well. I'm almost done with week 3. I decided to skip the fit tests this go round. I tried a couple years ago and did the fit test on day 1 and gave up never even made it to day 2 of the workout plan. So when I decided to do it this time I said no fit test do the rest of the routine and on the test days move on to the next scheduled day lol. I'm glad you are motivated by seeing the results. I'm in my weight maintenance but want to be more muscle less fat so i thought this might be a good routine for me to try while the snow is still on the ground. I'm really hoping my results are picture worthy like what I've seen online. I guess time will tell. So far I don't think my results are visual but I know I am faster and stronger than I was 3 weeks ago!
  • Mahdi22
    LOL I don't like the fit test also but because of another reason. I feel like I would be more productive doing another workout to actually lose weight. But I love seeing results haha.

I just finished doing Plyo and omg my legs, and the side of my calves and ankles hurt so much!! My back was hurting during the workout too, so I took a 5 minute break, reminded the workout and finished it. But even after the workout it hurts. I think the location is my lower back spine ball (if that's what it's called lol). I don't know if I should put heat or cold to help with the pain. Maybe a hot bath lol. Oh and just touching my lower leg HURTS! I really hope it gets better tomorrow because I can not skip a workout day. I'm so committed to being healthy and not huffing and puffing from a couple stairs =GOALS
  • Ljtlafrenaye
    Ljtlafrenaye Posts: 4 Member
    Love All the Insanity programs. I loved them so much that I teach Insanity Live.
    With Insanity I was able to reay lean out and push my cardio to a place it's never been.
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Currently on my 3rd week of insanity too! I did it a couple years ago but I'm back:) Id love more insanity friends so please add me!
  • Mahdi22
    Hey I'm so glad your also doing insanity, it will definitely keep me motivated to stick to this program and change my life.

Yesterday I think I pulled a muscle in my lower back because it hurts so much. I took a bath, applied heat, rested and slept, and had Tylenol but it still hurts. Unfortunately today's workout is pure cardio AND cardio ABs. I did cardio ABs even though my back hurts. Hopefully I have enough strength to finish the other workout today. I haven't skipped a day and don't plan on doing so. I really want a beach body this summer, and some pizza LOL
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Mahdi22 wrote: »
    Hey I'm so glad your also doing insanity, it will definitely keep me motivated to stick to this program and change my life.

Yesterday I think I pulled a muscle in my lower back because it hurts so much. I took a bath, applied heat, rested and slept, and had Tylenol but it still hurts. Unfortunately today's workout is pure cardio AND cardio ABs. I did cardio ABs even though my back hurts. Hopefully I have enough strength to finish the other workout today. I haven't skipped a day and don't plan on doing so. I really want a beach body this summer, and some pizza LOL

Ignoring an injury is a bad idea
  • Mahdi22

I know but I can't let a small injury keep me from my dream body. I've tried a million times to get skinny and feel good but it never worked. I've even quit doing insanity twice in the past. Right now I seem to be committed and have the time so I have to push through it, pain or no pain I will not skip a day.
  • Mahdi22
    Just finished cardio recovery even though my back hurts a little bit. I hate stretching because it's so boring but I'm glad it was today so my back can heal for tomorrow's workout. Hope everyone else is doing well also
  • puttputt24
    puttputt24 Posts: 30 Member

I know but I can't let a small injury keep me from my dream body. I've tried a million times to get skinny and feel good but it never worked. I've even quit doing insanity twice in the past. Right now I seem to be committed and have the time so I have to push through it, pain or no pain I will not skip a day.

Let your body heal otherwise your injury will get worse and possibly become a chronic back issue

• jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    You really should take a few days off because this is about lifestyle and long term health and fitness. Just eat a couple hundred fewer calories or go for a long brisk walk for a couple of days and it will not slow your progress.
  • Mahdi22
    2 days ago the pain was like a 7 out of a scale of 10. Right now it's a 3. I think it's healing so I'm continuing but thanks for the advice everyone.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I start it but I can never keep up with it lol
  • VickyObe
    VickyObe Posts: 15 Member
    Just did Day 1 of week 4. I'm finally coordinated for most of the exercises. I had to do some of the exercises in slow motion for a long time just so I would reach proper form first. Form before speed.