WINTER BULK

Bradywho1
Bradywho1 Posts: 22 Member
What are some high protein, low fat foods? I'm having trouble getting all of my protein without going waaay over my daily fat intake

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    I mean the classic ones are 93/7 ground turkey (Lower fat ones just taste horrible for me, can go 99 even), lean ground beef, chicken breasts, egg whites. These are my go-to proteins when I try to avoid fat calories.
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    0% greek yogurt.... lots of protein no fat. add a little fruit to perk up the flavour.
    I have a 2% greek yogurt (coconut) 100g portion, daily as my "reward for "behaving""
    :)
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    In addition, consider a whey isolate, like Dymatize ISO-100, very little or no fat, lots of protein (approx 25g per scoop)
    and usually relatively low calorie too!! approx 100 cal per scoop.....
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    What's your body weight, LBM, and daily fat goal? Assuming you have it set appropriately, your fat goal should be a minimum you try to hit.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Chicken, turkey, whey, egg whites and casein are the highest protein & lowest fat products that I use.

What are your protein/carb/fat goals?
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    If you are bulking why are you avoiding fats? Eat eggs, beef, chicken, bacon, pork belly, duck, turkey, avocados and many other things. Just watch your macros and make sure you are in a surplus.
  • 4g64fiero
    4g64fiero Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2017
    Low fat cottage cheese is pretty much the best thing ever for low fat/low calorie protein. I mix that with 2% mozz and ham for omelettes. You can use egg beaters if the eggs are too much fat. At that point it's nothing but protein. For snacks I normally do a greek yogurt or home made beef jerky with those cheese sticks. Sometimes I blend cottage cheese with fat free cream cheese, cocoa, and xylitol for a nice high protein snack.

I've found that I can can hit 12g+ protein per 100 calories with this approach. However, I would never intentionally leave out fat. I like chicken wings too much and they're a great macro-nutrient ratio so I refuse to kill the fat ha.

• Bradywho1
    edited February 2017
    Bentforkx wrote: »
    0% greek yogurt.... lots of protein no fat. add a little fruit to perk up the flavour.
    I have a 2% greek yogurt (coconut) 100g portion, daily as my "reward for "behaving""

I wish favoured yogurts didn't have so much sugar in them! I've been roughing with plain for a couple months now
    @Bentforkx
  • Bradywho1
    Chicken, turkey, whey, egg whites and casein are the highest protein & lowest fat products that I use.

@trigden1991
    Protein 181
    Carb 453
    Fat 121

I'm usually a little shy on protein and high on fat
  • Bradywho1
    pdxhak wrote: »
    If you are bulking why are you avoiding fats? Eat eggs, beef, chicken, bacon, pork belly, duck, turkey, avocados and many other things. Just watch your macros and make sure you are in a surplus.

@pdxhak
    I'm not avoiding fats.. I just like the right ones and the right ratios
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Bradywho1 wrote: »
    Bentforkx wrote: »

I wish favoured yogurts didn't have so much sugar in them! I've been roughing with plain for a couple months now
    @Bentforkx

Add protein powder! Voila, flavoured yoghurt
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Bradywho1 wrote: »

@trigden1991
    Protein 181
    Carb 453
    Fat 121

I'm usually a little shy on protein and high on fat

Personally I would eat more protein and a bit less fat but your split looks ok.