Struggling to gain weight

Options
Hi there so I'm a 28 year old male. I'm 6'6" and weigh about 227lbs. I've always struggled to put on mass. In college I was the same height but weighed between 195lbs and 205lbs. I've put weight on since then but seem to have plateaued around 225lbs. I work out between 5 and 6 days a week and avoid most cardio. My job involves a lot of walking so I burn a lot of calories there. I try to eat around 5 or 6 meals a day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brett

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention how many calories you are consuming. For a person of your size, if quite active, the caloric requirements can seem absurd. Hell, I'm only 5'10" and 175, and have to eat an average of 3800/day to gain appreciable weight.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Pb&j sandwiches, you can get 1000 calories easily just snacking on them.

Potato mash + ground meat combo, can add butter or cream to mash. Can easily hit 1000's.

A nice tub of ice-cream to end the night.

I guess depends on the foods you like.
  • petersbrett88
    petersbrett88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    On here it says I need 3800 but I know it's got to be much higher. But yes I do need to keep better track of my caloric intake. I gotten away from that for a while.
    And thanks for some of the snack and meal suggestions. I'll have to give them a try.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just start by tracking calories. You can start at 4k if you want. After 3-4 weeks, adjust as necessary. And the below thread should help.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1