175lbs Down and I don't recognize myself anymore!

I started at 400lbs January 2016. Now I've been hovering around 225lbs since the end of December. I'm obviously fine with this. If I lose more, great. If I gain a bit, great. I've been IF 20:4 and eating Keto from the beginning, always using a macro calculator monthly to make sure my intake is on point.

At the moment I'm averaging around 2000-2500 calories with macros of 210g protein, 30g net carbs, and the rest fat. I do this to ensure my body has what it needs to at least maintain my muscles. I lift everyday except Sundays, following golden era bodybuilding routines. I just recently went from Gironda Muscle has 4 sides to Gironda's 8x8. It's rough going sometimes, but can't argue with the results!

I literally looked at myself in the mirror today and didn't recognize myself. It was a pretty crazy realization. My abs are about to come through. Definition is finally coming. I have a bit of loose skin but not as bad as one would think! Genetics and lotion maybe coming into play? Who knows. I'm extremely happy with my progress. I recently went to see my family and they haven't seen me since I was 400lbs and they were all shocked. It feels pretty good.

I'm just here to say, if I can do it, a lazy slob, then anyone can. I still play video games. I still drink alcohol. I pretty much sit on my *kitten* the whole day. But for that one hour a day, I work as hard as I can to ensure I continue to make progress. I was on blood pressure medication, but no more. I was prescribed a CPAP machine. No need anymore. I was prediabetic. No more.

I still have work to do. I'm still a work in progress. I don't think I'll ever be done. But it's nice to see and feel like a new man. As one of my sports obsessed friends likes to say, I've literally lost a weight class. That's pretty crazy. I've signed up for some stupid nuts obstacle course run. Crazy thing is, I'm actually looking forward to it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Add me if you want. I'll accept. If you want to check out my diary, it's open.cgvxphkg06fk.jpg
y837ezviu9cm.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!