Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Best time to drink red wine?

mlb_art
mlb_art Posts: 1 Member
I drink one to two glasses of red wine a day. Since I am female one glass is probably better but anyway does anyone have an opinion on when is the best time of day to drink wine for the healthiest benifits, i.e. weight loss?

Replies

• MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Anytime. I can have a glass with lunch or dinner as long as I stay within my calories limit.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    mlb_art wrote: »
    I drink one to two glasses of red wine a day. Since I am female one glass is probably better but anyway does anyone have an opinion on when is the best time of day to drink wine for the healthiest benifits, i.e. weight loss?

Adding any food or drink to your daily calories will not help you lose weight, in fact just the opposite.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I enjoy a glass of wine or two as well. I tend to have one before dinner, and sometimes one with dinner.
    There is no "best" time, as far as I know, weight loss wise.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,084 Member
    As stated by others, anytime where you are not going over your calories and not drinking too much overall.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Hope that I'm misreading your post but you don't seriously think drinking red wine will actually help weight loss?

Drink it by all means but it has calories.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Hope that I'm misreading your post but you don't seriously think drinking red wine will actually help weight loss?

It was big woo news about a year ago, based on one study done on mice that resulted in a million 'news' articles titled 'Drink red wine to lose weight!'.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

It was big woo news about a year ago, based on one study done on mice that resulted in a million 'news' articles titled 'Drink red wine to lose weight!'.

Wow!
    Was that about the time the word "Gullible" was removed from every dictionary?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Well I never. Scientific studies grossly misrepresented by the press? Never happens! Ahem.......

OP, there's no best time other than when you have the calories to fit it in. Two glasses a day probably is above the recommend maximum, at least if your glasses are anything like the size of my glasses.
  • Jhenryesq88310
    Jhenryesq88310 Posts: 7 Member
    Breakfast
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    With a nice steak.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Never.*

Can't stand red wine, is revolting stuff.

* answer applies to N=1, N = everybody else: whenever you like from a weight loss point of view. As long as you allow for the calories, of course.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    drink coke zero instead
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Lizery gave the right answer.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Red Wine anytime is good.. I believe it is roughly 150-175 calories per 6 oz glass.. enjoy!