Weebling

Options
It may just be me but I find maintaining my weight and new size can be just as difficult as losing the weight in the first place. Of late I'm finding it more and more difficult to decide what to eat in order to maintain my weight as opposed to losing a lot more.

My weight seems to weeble now and I get worried I may put the weight back on.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    yep up a few lbs, down a few. Love the word weeble, that is what I do! I love to eat so I eat too much, then cut back
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Im with the other's ..usually up and down the same 3lb it works for me ..maintained for over 18 months
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you set a 5-10 lb maintenance range for yourself. When you get to the top of the range, log & eat at a 250-500 calorie deficit until you get back where you want to be.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for almost three years and I am up and down between 145 and 155, depending on holidays, vacations etc. I do find that I am as vigilant as I was during weight loss, but I don't mind. I know if I don't pay attention, I will likely start to gain. Just figure out what your maintenance calories should be if you haven't and that's what you eat. This can take a little trial and error. A lot of people including myself look at weekly maintenance calories instead of daily.
  • MrsJ1210
    MrsJ1210 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My weight seems to go from 7st10lb upto 7at 13lb or 8st. My new high was my goal to reach previously
  • MrsJ1210
    MrsJ1210 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Weeble, wobble -- just don't fall down!

I nearly did fall down, just trying to get back into the right frame of mind.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. As long as I'm within a few pounds of where I want to be then I assume it is just a fluctuation from one week to the next. But I have an arbitrary point that triggers my taking action. If it goes above that number I don't try to explain why it is high that week, I just drop my calorie intake. The next week my weight will probably be back in range. If it really was just a fluctuation then I may be on the lower side of the range instead of the higher side. If it is still on the higher side, I'll keep my calories lower for a bit longer.

^^This. Everything you need to know about maintenance.