Halo Top...how the heck do they do it???

Halo Top. It's amazing.

No really. It is. Every time I've gone to the grocery store the last six months, the freezer shelves have been empty. I knew that it was either just that good, or a fad that would quickly dissipate. Likely the latter, at least I thought.

Fast forward to last Tuesday. I went to the store for some salad fixins, and lo and behold, there sat one lonely pint of Halo Top oatmeal cookie. Not exactly my first flavor choice, but how could I be a decent human being if I left it there, all alone?

After a delicious crab cake dinner that evening, I decided to dive into the pint. I took one skeptical scoopful, and amazingly enough, it tastes like ice cream.

Let me say that again. Ice-creamy ice cream.

Nothing like it's competitor, Arctic Zero. That stuff is NOT ice cream. I'm actually not even sure what that is. Maybe frozen skim milk?

Back to business. Halo Top. Buy it. Devour it. The whole pint if you have to. It's worth every delicious bite.

I'm forever changed.

Replies

• joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Pistachio as well as Cookies and Cream are my favorites right now. I'm trying to get my local stores to carry it because right now i have to drive out of the area to get it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Would try but it's not sold in my part of Canada and the price is likely comparable to B&J's.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    Would try but it's not sold in my part of Canada and the price is likely comparable to B&J's.

I hate every single Halo Top thread and I hate everyone who starts them

Grrrr.

:(

That part..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,942 Member
    If it's any consolation @zyxst, it's twice as expensive as B&J.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    The salted caramel is my favourite. Pistachio and strawberry didn't taste like much to me, and the cookies and cream is nice but has a slight "sweetener" flavour to it that the salted caramel does not. Birthday cake I had one time and I thought it upset my stomach.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

B&J here is almost $5 a pint. halo top is cheaper.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,942 Member

B&J here is almost $5 a pint. halo top is cheaper.

B&J is $3.50 here, Halo Top is often over $6, and it never goes on special. :(
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    never tried it but cant see paying almost $4 for a pint of ice cream(im cheap lol)

Be grateful you can get it for so cheap! It's $12 for a tub here in Aus, which is why i haven't tried it yet. It would want to be super awesomely delicious for that price...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    never tried it but cant see paying almost $4 for a pint of ice cream(im cheap lol)

Be grateful you can get it for so cheap! It's $12 for a tub here in Aus, which is why i haven't tried it yet. It would want to be super awesomely delicious for that price...

I wouldnt pay that either lol.Im glad I dont live there.I am also not a big ice cream eater, every few months I will have some.