Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Partaking in Marijuana and a healthy life-style

bearbear30
bearbear30 Posts: 46 Member
This may be controversial. Do you take part in usage of medical or recreational marijuana and if yes, do you find your munchies to hinder your weight loss, do you use before working out? Do you think it helps? If you do get the munchies what do you eat in order to not gain weight? OR are you a lucky person who doesn't get the munchies at all?

If you don't believe in Marijuana usage simply don't comment on this thread, it is intended for people who do or used to.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I used to; then I realized that I could be fat, lazy and unmotivated for free. Unfortunately, I was never one of those "being high makes me want to do stuff" people. Well, unless you call sitting on a couch and crushing whole packs of frozen burritos "doing stuff".
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    They legalized the stuff here years ago and obesity rates statewide haven't changed noticeably.
  • JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    I actually love to finish my day with a joint or a bowl. I can't do it until night time though. I can function while I'm high I just will not want to run or lift at all lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I don't partake anymore, but I used to. I can't imagine being high and getting a solid workout in...but I used to go play Frisbee golf, or for a hike, or skiing...but those were more recreational and I wasn't concerned with performance.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    They legalized the stuff here years ago and obesity rates statewide haven't changed noticeably.

Rarely are the doomsayers right on anything.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't smoke it, but I do eat 5-10mg about 2 hours before bed (make my own ridiculously strong brownies, and eat just a tiny sliver). It gives me an excellent night's sleep, and I feel great all the next day. From that perspective, it helps with recovery and makes me more likely to workout the next day.

But I avoid getting high when I'm not going to sleep soon though, because it makes me ravenous, lazy, anti-social, and stupid.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.

c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

Marijuana use is currently illegal at the federal level, as well as many state and local levels, therefore discussions related to its usage are prohibited on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

kgeyser
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.