Calories for short women ...

Options
Untilproud11
Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
Hello just curious how many calories shorties ( I'm 5'1) eat ...
Im stuck at my last 10 lbs and can't work out due to injury, if I eat around 1500 cals I don't lose if i go down to 1350ish im too hungry , and I've tried in between too ...
Just having trouble to find the right number for me

5'1
SW 185lbs
CW 135lbs
GW 125lbs
Eating 1330cals to lose .5lb/week (not working)
Been stuck for 3 months
Log accurately/use scale

Tips are welcome too :)

Replies

• amandawog
    amandawog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    MFP gives me a daily goal of only 1200cals and I'm the same height as you are. I find I need something to distract me from the fact I'm not eating much I just started filling a jug to put in the fridge with cucumber and mint so that I have SOMETHING I can sip away on with a little bit of fresh flavour.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Try counting macros instead of calories. Im 5'3, 207lb and Im eating 1742 and losing regularly.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    leslturn8 wrote: »
    Try counting macros instead of calories. Im 5'3, 207lb and Im eating 1742 and losing regularly.

The op would gain weight if she did that.

Have you played around with fat, protein and fibre macros for satiety,?
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    If you are stuck in one spot for 3 months (not going up or down) you aren't in a deficit. You are in maintenance.

And thats the problem...when I go any under 1400 cals i just get so hungry and can't finish a week successfully, it eventually makes me binge
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Following...
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What kind of injury is it? Depending on the injury, there may be some kind of workout you can do.

I'm 5'2" and am set on 1450 calories right now. Losses don't come as regularly now, but they are still coming, so I'm not going to go any lower. I am within 10 pounds of my goal weight.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say the only exercise I do is walk/jogging so the lady above me is right. It's exercise and you can do it :smile:
  • tallulah81
    tallulah81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Could be the quality of the food you're consuming... when you get down to the last ten pounds your diet has to be 95% on point! Absolutely no processed and limit dairy... due to sugar...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    tallulah81 wrote: »
    Could be the quality of the food you're consuming... when you get down to the last ten pounds your diet has to be 95% on point! Absolutely no processed and limit dairy... due to sugar...

None of that is true. It is purely down to calories.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

:noway:

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Nope
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Thx to u all
    I barely drink water so i will try to start a change by drinking more and more water
    We'll see if it helps
    I really appreciate all the tips
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Not sure the water will help burn calories....

What about walking? You mention an injury, may I ask if walking is possible?

If you can't do that, then maybe swimming? Even those who are partially paralyzed have found benefits with swimming.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!