Replies

• TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    10lbs
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Maintenance range it's a tough one for me I'd say within 5 pounds. I'm not really focused on the scale that much more versus how my clothes feel especially my pants. I have access to scales at work and I've weighed myself sometimes during the day to see how my way changes and what I found is that my weight can fluctuate sometimes 2 to 5 pounds in a day depending on what I've eaten. I saw the look at it as a long-term process I've had weeks where my weight has fluctuated for five pounds over a couple days but yet overtime it's still around my goal number which is about 208 pounds
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm fascinated by the people with the really small ranges.

I can vary +/- 2 kg (4.4 lbs) in the course of a day or two depending on my exercise level, the food I've eaten, the weather, the travelling I've done, and my TOM.

I know.. 2kgs is a regular and normal fluctuation for me.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    +/- 4lbs is my range, normal fluctations are 0.5 to 1.5lbs in any one day.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

I can vary +/- 2 kg (4.4 lbs) in the course of a day or two depending on my exercise level, the food I've eaten, the weather, the travelling I've done, and my TOM.

Mine floats between 203 and 208 lbs most of the time and that is with me weighing under consistent conditions.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    I picked my range based on my natural fluctuations. My weight tends to fluctuate by around 2 pounds so I picked 128 +/- 2. I don't think my weight has ever been up more than 2 or 2.5 pounds in one day.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    +/- 3 pounds (180-186).
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    As long as I'm within my normal BMI range, I'm reasonably happy. :)

However, I'm happier if I'm in the lower half of my BMI range.

My "normal" BMI is a range of 39 lbs! Once I hit maintenance I'm going to choose a smaller range of about 3-4 lbs. But honestly I don't see myself being in danger of going too low...
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @Machka9
    For some of us TOM has gone to greener pastures :p

I only wish.

Be careful what you wish for. There are other problems with menopause and old age that sometimes we can't prevent or avoid. Enjoy your younger years even if the hormones are often hard to handle. Been there and done that myself.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Machka9

I only wish.

Be careful what you wish for. There are other problems with menopause and old age that sometimes we can't prevent or avoid. Enjoy your younger years even if the hormones are often hard to handle. Been there and done that myself.

I'm going through perimenopausal hell right now ... complete with pre-cancer ... and unable to use HRT. One of the special features of this time is having my period for 2-3 weeks each month. Believe me ... I cannot wait till it is gone. There will be dancing in the streets!

@Gisel2015 ... my "younger years" are already a distant memory. But thanks for thinking I'm young!
  • MollyMS77
    MollyMS77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall and I go up a pants size with every "extra" five lbs, so when I DO reach my goal, I'm going to try to stay within 3 lbs of goal!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    @Machka9

I only wish.

I'm going through perimenopausal hell right now ... complete with pre-cancer ... and unable to use HRT. One of the special features of this time is having my period for 2-3 weeks each month. Believe me ... I cannot wait till it is gone. There will be dancing in the streets!

@Gisel2015 ... my "younger years" are already a distant memory. But thanks for thinking I'm young!

I saw your profile. My oldest son is only a year younger than you so for me, yes, you are young. Sorry about your health problems and I really hope that you can weather them like a trooper, which I think you are.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

It depends on what you are measuring. The spike of a single day or something along the lines of a 5 day moving average. I could see a small range with the latter.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options

My weight has not varied by more than about 4 kg ie 2 kg either side of goal weight, in over 3 years. Stays between 59 and 63.5 kg.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    10lbs- I like to put on around 6lbs over winter as I really feel the cold.

Then there is the TOM bloat.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    +/- 10 pounds.
    Depends on if I'm trying a different workout, whether I've eaten out or had high sodium foods, whether or not I'm hitting my water intake goal, ToM, and a whole host of other factors.