How wide is your maintenance range?

Options

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    5 pounds. 123-128. Presently working to get back there after slowly putting on 10-12 pounds in 2016. About 4 pounds to go and I'm back in maintenance, so another 4-6 weeks?
    Just wondering how wide everyone's maintenance ranges are?

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm fascinated by the people with the really small ranges.

I can vary +/- 2 kg (4.4 lbs) in the course of a day or two depending on my exercise level, the food I've eaten, the weather, the travelling I've done, and my TOM.

My range is small but I'm just comparing first-thing-in-the-morning post-peeing naked weights, not what I weigh by day's end after drinking and eating.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I'm fascinated by the people with the really small ranges.

I can vary +/- 2 kg (4.4 lbs) in the course of a day or two depending on my exercise level, the food I've eaten, the weather, the travelling I've done, and my TOM.

My range is small but I'm just comparing first-thing-in-the-morning post-peeing naked weights, not what I weigh by day's end after drinking and eating.

I'm comparing first-thing-in the morning post-peeing naked weights too. That's the only time I weigh myself. I don't weigh my self later in the day.

But my weight has always ranged quite widely.

One morning to the next I can pack on or lose 2 kg, or even slightly more on occasion. When I started losing weight in 2015, I didn't get even remotely excited until I had lost about 5 kg because a 2 kg drop is quite normal for me ... and then a few days later, the 2 kg can be back. So when I'd finally lost 5 kg, I began to believe I was really losing weight.

And looking at the bigger picture, it's quite normal for me to drop right down to the low end of my normal BMI range in the summer when I'm exercising lots, and then to put on 10 or 15 kg over the winter, and then to lose it all again in the summer.

As I said earlier, as long as I'm within my normal BMI range, I'm good. :)
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @Machka9
    For some of us TOM has gone to greener pastures :p

I only wish.

Be careful what you wish for. There are other problems with menopause and old age that sometimes we can't prevent or avoid. Enjoy your younger years even if the hormones are often hard to handle. Been there and done that myself.

I'm going through perimenopausal hell right now ... complete with pre-cancer ... and unable to use HRT. One of the special features of this time is having my period for 2-3 weeks each month. Believe me ... I cannot wait till it is gone. There will be dancing in the streets!

@Gisel2015 ... my "younger years" are already a distant memory. But thanks for thinking I'm young!

This was exactly my case.......but now I've traded in TOM for hot flashes and waking up 20 times per night ;) Either way, it sucks.......just sayin :)

Oh and edited to say my range is plus or minus 5. Right now I'm at 7 up as a constant and trying to get back down to range. This really is a lifetime effort!
  • JustMissTracyToo
    JustMissTracyToo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    About 4 lbs
  • Raderl2010
    Raderl2010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How did you all determine your maintenence range? I'm trying to find mine, but in all honesty I just have no idea what my "ideal weight" should be.
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    5lbs
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Raderl2010 wrote: »
    How did you all determine your maintenence range? I'm trying to find mine, but in all honesty I just have no idea what my "ideal weight" should be.

Keep losing more and more slowly (slowing on purpose), until one day I literally woke up and decided I was "there" - felt and looked right to me. Then the range was just plus and minus a number of pounds that encompassed the typical range of daily weight fluctuations.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options

I knew that I was carrying and extra 10 lbs and I knew what my "real" weight was so I just worked on getting there.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Normal BMI range ... preferably the lower half of my normal BMI range. :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I'm more focused with staying in my dress size. But with my weight range when I get too low my non-stretchy clothes start to fit loose on me. My high number is when my non-stretchy clothes starts becoming a little snug.

Also in photos I can see when I'm getting too low, plus I can see and feel more bones.

In between my low and high number is my sweet spot.

All of these factors is how I decided on my range and it has worked great for me with maintaining my weight for years.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Was using a theoretical 5lb range across 160 -- 157.5 to 162.5 -- but actual effective range has been only been about 3lb -- 157 to 160. :)
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 lb range, but don't fluctuate much. I'll be toward the top of it if I have a weekend with a couple eating out events, but the bloat and any extra weight goes away by the end of the week, and I'm back at the bottom.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    About 6-8 lbs. 100-108ish
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would say 5 pounds, anywhere between 133-138. I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning and it can fluctuate day to day by 2-3 pounds so I don't really stress unless it starts to stay consistent and around 5 pounds. Although I have been maintaining for years so I usually go by the way my clothes fit and how I look rather than weighing myself daily. When I am consistent with weight lifting I notice the scale goes up and I look better so I am okay with that!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    5 lb, but I never actually made it to the bottom of the range. Maybe once it can get outside more & a bit more active. It SC been b as tough winter weather wise.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Mine is about a 3 lb range. I'll go over on vacations, and occasionally I'll dip under by 1 lb. I pretty much stay around 125 to 128 most of the time.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    2 lbs. but then I'm only 5'0". It's been pretty easy to maintain that range.
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    3 pounds. Once it hits 3-5, I start watching my intake.
  • Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine will be +\- 2lbs