Need to ideas for food or meal prep

Options
Need some new recipe ideas for quick easy meals for meal prep or anything to help switch it up so I'm not on the same thing. So feel free to shoot any ideas this way. Thank you!

Replies

• Conquer_Greatness
    Conquer_Greatness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks. And ya I was thinking about that too. But I'm not usually to picky
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    my lunch preps are mostly tilapia or grilled chicken breast and cabbage, green beans, squash or cauliflower. I do 5 oz of meat and 5 or 6 oz of whatever veggie I cooked. I eat a boiled egg each morning at 10 between breakfast and lunch. keeps me from being hungry. so far thats what I have done the past 5 weeks.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Adding to my previous comment, roast a whole chicken (or buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store). I can usually squeeze three meals out of one bird. I'll have the chicken for dinner and then use the left overs for things like chicken salad, tacos, chicken sandwiches, etc. I also save the bones, which I use to make chicken stock. I then freeze the stock in portions and use it for various soup recipes.
  • Conquer_Greatness
    Conquer_Greatness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds good thank you both
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I usually cook dinner for my boyfriend and myself on weekends and make enough to last all week as leftovers for lunches and dinners. I like to cook something in the crockpot one night such as this: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251746/slow-cooker-black-bean-mushroom-chili/ or this: http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2016/02/16/slow-cooker-basil-chicken-in-coconut-curry-sauce/ (both are ridiculously good) and then something such as one of these the following night: http://www.vitamin-sunshine.com/butternut-spinach-black-bean-enchiladas-vegetarian/ or http://www.skinnytaste.com/turkey-cutlets-with-parmesan-crust/. If you have multiple people, you can even double the recipes (such as the turkey cutlet one-since it is only 4 cutlets) in order to last for more meals. I also love to grill a whole bag of chicken breasts to eat all week along with roasting pans of broccoli and sweet potatoes. I also boil a dozen eggs to eat for breakfast/snacks throughout the week. If you buy veggies/fruit, cut them up and store in containers for the week so they are easy to grab and eat without any prep.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Check out the YouTube channels the Domestic Geek and the Fit Couple Cooks. They both do a lot of Meal Prep videos. I have enjoyed everything I cooked from the Domestic Geek.
  • jruck371
    jruck371 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been on a pork kick lately... I do pork tenderloin in the oven with Italian or peri peri spices(80g/serving), baked potatoes(150g/serving+ 1/2tbsp of olive oil in the cooking process), and bbq sauce (1 tbsp). Add a salad with 1 tbsp Caesar dressing and the whole thing comes out to 430 cal and is super filling :)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Adding to my previous comment, roast a whole chicken (or buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store). I can usually squeeze three meals out of one bird. I'll have the chicken for dinner and then use the left overs for things like chicken salad, tacos, chicken sandwiches, etc. I also save the bones, which I use to make chicken stock. I then freeze the stock in portions and use it for various soup recipes.

This is something I do all the time. I either smoke a 2-pack from Costco, which makes everything made from that chicken unbelievably delicious, or buy a rotisserie bird if I'm in a time crunch or just feeling lazy. Look up leftover chicken recipes. There is so much you can do with leftover chicken. We do something similar with pork butts and shoulders too. We don't get bones with those, so no yummy stock unfortunately. If I have more meat than I can use the chicken and pork both freeze well.

I also make a couple pots of soup for dinner every week so I can just reheat and have lunch. Usually something with beans, meat, and veggies for a nice well-rounded meal.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey
    Sweet Potato or Rice
    Broccoli or Green Beans

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    FoxyMars25 wrote: »
    I usually cook dinner for my boyfriend and myself on weekends and make enough to last all week as leftovers for lunches and dinners. I like to cook something in the crockpot one night such as this: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251746/slow-cooker-black-bean-mushroom-chili/ or this: http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2016/02/16/slow-cooker-basil-chicken-in-coconut-curry-sauce/ (both are ridiculously good) and then something such as one of these the following night: http://www.vitamin-sunshine.com/butternut-spinach-black-bean-enchiladas-vegetarian/ or http://www.skinnytaste.com/turkey-cutlets-with-parmesan-crust/. If you have multiple people, you can even double the recipes (such as the turkey cutlet one-since it is only 4 cutlets) in order to last for more meals. I also love to grill a whole bag of chicken breasts to eat all week along with roasting pans of broccoli and sweet potatoes. I also boil a dozen eggs to eat for breakfast/snacks throughout the week. If you buy veggies/fruit, cut them up and store in containers for the week so they are easy to grab and eat without any prep.
    I liked and saved all those recipes, they look fabulous! Thanks so much for posting them!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I use my oven to pan roast most of my veggies and then when cool transfer them to storage containers or zip lock bags. I LOVE baked sweet potatoes and I will bake five or six at a time and then store them. I like them just plain hot or cold, but my roomie has to have something on them so for her I split them and pour on a spoon or two of agave nectar (which has no after taste and is one and half times sweeter than sugar so it doesn't take much) and sprinkle a little cinnamon on and she loves it. If you have a sweet tooth that will help you satisfy it and still be eating some that is very nutritious and has lots of fiber. I make spaghetti sauce using ground turkey and it's really good, especially if you add turkey Italian sweet sausages, and then put it on top of roasted green beans instead of pasta, but if you only use one cup of pasta, it's not too bad on the calorie count and you can package it up in meal sized portions. Pretty much anything I like I make a larger portion and freeze individual servings. It helps to always be prepared. Fewer trips through the fast food lane will help you so much. OH and my other saving recipe is to make a huge salad and then store it in pint size mason jars. They will keep for a week!
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    need to come back here when I have time!
  • mme1127
    mme1127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Make Ahead Lunch Wraps" and the "Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili" on allrecipes.com. The lunch wrap recipe makes a butt load and they can be frozen and microwaved whenever you want one. The chili is a super easy crock pot meal that virtually makes itself, lol and will give you several servings. Let me know if you try 'em! I have more great recipes in my personal arsenal and will share more if you want them. :D
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I agree with the batch-cooking ideas. You can make a whole dish in a slow cooker, then divide it up and refrigerate or freeze portions for later. That way you don't end up eating the same food every day.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Here's an easy one: mix a pouch of albacore tuna with a mini container of wholly guacamole. Slap it on a flat out fold-it bread with some arugula and cheese. I eat that with Quest sea salt protein chips and an Apple with almond butter-- almost perfect macros. Or dump any Lean Cuisine over a big batch of zoodles or broccoli with a small microwaved sweet potato and some Greek yogurt.
  • TracyYarbrough
    TracyYarbrough Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find YouTube videos on meal prepping to be very helpful.
  • LittleMissPiggy2017
    Options
    yk6f2n5nrdow.jpg

I got this recipe off Pinterest its chicken teriyaki with brocoli red peppers and brown rice. This is my first attempt at batch cooking. I managed to make 5 meals with 4 chicken breaks, 1 pepper, 2 brocoli and half a bag of rice
  • janieaskew33
    janieaskew33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the FitMenCook app to help meal prep