weight watchers and mfp

Replies

• zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    i got that but those peoples bodies cannobolized themselves...I'm not here to argue, I know I'm not losing at 1100-1400 calorie deficit and i work out on top of that. I'm sure if I stopped working out id lose muscle nd fat
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    zfitgal wrote: »
    Hi, I have been a Weight Watchers member for years and have done really well on it. For the past 10 months I have havw been fluctuating between the same 3 pounds. I added up my calories and noticed I was eating between 1100-1400 calories per day. MFP says I should be eating 1660 for the amount of training I do. Has anyone ever experienced this before? i am so frustrated and feel so defeated....

I'd like to ask you about the bolded part. When you entered your activity level in MFP, did you base it on the amount of exercise you do? In MFP's system, "activity level" means all of your daily activities excluding exercise. You're supposed to log exercise separately and MFP will then give you more calories for that day. If you included exercise in your MFP activity level, that would explain why MFP is giving you a such a high daily calorie goal.

Also, how are you tracking our calories? As others have stated, WW's calorie accuracy tends to be pretty loose. The only way to know how many calories you're actually eating is to use a food scale to weigh everything you eat, including fruits/veg and packaged foods. If you're not doing that, then it's entirely possible you're more than you think you are.
  • zfitgal
    i weigh and measure everything down to 4thw tbsp nd oz...ill put all my info on again and see what comes up
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    i got that but those peoples bodies cannobolized themselves...I'm not here to argue, I know I'm not losing at 1100-1400 calorie deficit and i work out on top of that. I'm sure if I stopped working out id lose muscle nd fat

that is because they were eating so little calories and some of them were getting NO food for days and weeks, thats not happening to you. and if you are not losing on 1100-1400 either you dont weigh your food and are eating more than you think,you are picking the wrong entries or not using entries at all,or you have a health issue or all of the above.you are going to lose some muscle in a diet but you can prevent a lot of that with resistance/weight training and getting enough protein.I have a metabolic disorder and I know that if I ate 1100 calories I would be losing weight(I lost some on the 1700 Im eating now) but I would be hungry and tired and have no energy.exercise is for health reasons. you dont even have to work out to lose weight if you are in a true deficit..

if you are fluctuating between the same 3 lbs it means you are eating maintenance calories..you could be retaining a lot of water too masking any weight loss. also with 10 lbs to lose its going to take longer to lose 10 lb than it would say 50lbs.I have 22 to lose and its slower than moses but Im losing fat(I take measurement). did you weigh the weight watchers food and all the veggies? chances are you are eating more than the 1100-1400 you think you are. just because something says its 10 pts for say an oz of something,if you arent weighing it it could me more than an oz.I learned that the hard way. I dont rely on packaging on foods,even 2 apples the same size could be as much as a 25g difference or more,which would mean more calories for the one apple. It all adds up.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    yep ditch the spoons and measuring cups for solids and semi solids and only use them for liquids. I learned that the hard way too. measuring cups for solids and semi solids arent accurate, unless you are perfect at eyeballing portions.you'd be surprised what a tbsp of peanut butter really looks like.
  • zfitgal
    Thank g-D i dont have any health issues, I actually went to the dr and got checked. I measure everything. I never had a problem before. this happened 10 months ago the 3 pound weight fluctuation.
  • zfitgal
    if u ate lower then ur bmr ur weight will slow down. you are eating 1700 calories a day? how much do you lose weekly?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Thank g-D i dont have any health issues, I actually went to the dr and got checked. I measure everything. I never had a problem before. this happened 10 months ago the 3 pound weight fluctuation.

get a digital food scale and weigh everything. its a real eye opener. I started doing that when I gained half the weight back I lost when I first started. I was using measuring cups and found out that most of my servings with a measuring cup were an extra 1/2 to 1 serving over what I thought it was.packaging can also be up to 20% off on their serving sizes.
  • CafeRacer808

get a digital food scale and weigh everything. its a real eye opener. I started doing that when I gained half the weight back I lost when I first started. I was using measuring cups and found out that most of my servings with a measuring cup were an extra 1/2 to 1 serving over what I thought it was.packaging can also be up to 20% off on their serving sizes.

^^All of this. To further emphasize the importance of weighing vs measuring with cups and spoons, watch these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfcB7GbLmIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnnpUYmr0OM

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi, I have been a Weight Watchers member for years and have done really well on it. For the past 10 months I have havw been fluctuating between the same 3 pounds. I added up my calories and noticed I was eating between 1100-1400 calories per day. MFP says I should be eating 1660 for the amount of training I do. Has anyone ever experienced this before? i am so frustrated and feel so defeated....

When you added up your calories, was that a representative day for how you eat *every single day*? Or do you eat a bit more on the weekends? The mere act of logging can make some people eat less too, so unless you have been eating exactly this way for the last 10 months, you may have been consuming more before you added it up.

Did you include all your condiments? Mayo, ketchup, relish, hot sauce, etc. can add up.

Did it include everything you drank too? Including cream/milk/sugar in coffee/tea? Including alcohol? Including juice/pop/lemonade/iced tea?

• zfitgal
    I'm not new to this, i have a digital food scale :(
  • zfitgal
    added everything i eat everyday. Never atw more on weekends. always the same
  • zfitgal
    i jave ate like tbia forever. Out of no where I started gaining eating the exact same. I know it seems crazy, but it's true. Someone suggested that i work my calories to Maintamce and stay there for a bit and then create a small deficit again
  • zfitgal
    and i put myself as active...it gave me 1640..not including exercises...i think I will eat 1800 calories on work out days and 1640 on non work out days...it seems sooo much for me. I'm looking to lose 1 pound a week.
  • CafeRacer808
    edited February 2017
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    and i put myself as active...it gave me 1640..not including exercises...i think I will eat 1800 calories on work out days and 1640 on non work out days...it seems sooo much for me. I'm looking to lose 1 pound a week.

Do you have a pedometer or other method for counting daily steps? If so, how many do you get? If not, what's your rationale for choosing "active"? Do you have an on-your-feet-all-day job?
  • zfitgal
    i chose active because I'm on my feet for a good part of the day and then i have my 2 year old daughter who I run after all the time.
  • zfitgal
    If I put in lightly active it gives me 1380, that is lower then my bmr. My bmr is 1450...i cant go lower then that. So I obviously need to go up to active. I was eating that amount on ww and there has been an issue with my weight loss.