No Energy and have Chronic pain

Hi hope someone can help. I suffer from Endometriosis and chronic abdominal pain as well as chronic migraines and fatigue. This is on a daily basis and most days I just have now energy or motivation to go to the gym or do any exercises at home. I really want and need to lose weight not only to make me feel better about myself (after 4 operations and hormone treatments I've put on alot of weight) but also for my own health.

Does anyone else have any health issues or even struggle with motivation. If so any tips or advice you can give me?
Thanks <3

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    For weight loss, diet is the most important factor. With your issues, especially the chronic abdominal pain and migraines, you will probably need a very focused diet to help you feel better, but see a dietician who specializes in your issues.

For health, just start: this week, set your goal to do 10 minutes of daily, gentle exercise. Even if you just sit in a chair an raise and lower your arms, the raise and lower each leg, over and over again for ten minutes. Or ten minutes of stretching. The important thing is to keep moving for 10 minutes.

If you have access to a pool, splashing around is about the most gentle exercise on the planet.
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    I have chronic leukemia and live daily with fatigue and pain, so I understand and hear your plight. I am also in the position of needing to reduce my weight despite these challenges. Remember that weight loss is mostly achieved in the kitchen, but we can help the process along with mild exercise. I have a recumbent bike in front of my TV and that helps a lot. I walk around my block. I dance around a little when I tidy up the house. Those kinds of things add up! All the best to you in your journey. :-)
  • nsween87
    nsween87 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks guys. It's nice knowing I'm not alone (sounds daft I know I'm not but sometimes feel like it) in this struggle. I get people saying I'm just lazy and it really gets to me at times because yer sometimes like everyone you do have lazy days but my lazy days are due to being in pain and need to build up strength again or resting the day before I know I'll be over doing it. It's why I find it difficult to exercise on a regular basis, I use to go to a ladies gym and I loved it but I was paying for something I wasn't using for months at a time. And unfortunately I can't swim.
    But I think I will give that a serious think about speaking to a nutritionist. Thanks for the suggestion :smile:
    X
  • nsween87
    nsween87 Posts: 5 Member
    I have chronic leukemia and live daily with fatigue and pain, so I understand and hear your plight. I am also in the position of needing to reduce my weight despite these challenges. Remember that weight loss is mostly achieved in the kitchen, but we can help the process along with mild exercise. I have a recumbent bike in front of my TV and that helps a lot. I walk around my block. I dance around a little when I tidy up the house. Those kinds of things add up! All the best to you in your journey. :-)

So sorry to hear about your health, my youngest brother had leukemia when he was 15 his in readmission now so I can only imagine what it must be like for you. Hope you are ok hun and I'll keep you in my prays xxx
  • I have chronic migraines (along with fatigue) as well. Exercise is really hard for me too. I walk in the mornings when I've got the most energy and I don't feel guilty if I'm not well enough. I find if I push too hard my migraines are worse but some exercise generally does me good. Some people find yoga is good for migraine (I didn't personally though!)

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have chronic migraine and fatigue from that as well as psoriatic arthritis that makes all my joints hurt.

While it's true that you don't need to exercise to lose weight, the best way to fight fatigue is actually with activity, I've found.

Start small and build and don't beat yourself up for the bad days.

I started out walking down to the corner. Just a few feet. If all you can do is walk 5 minutes, do that. The thing is to keep challenging yourself to try just a teeny bit more each week or two until you have a decent routine going.

I've gone from hobbling with a cane to the corner to running almost every day and getting 20K steps daily on my good days. On a bad day, it's more like 15K steps. It's taken me over 2 years to do this, though!