40 pound down (includes pics)

Options
Hi all,

I know I am far off most of the people on here, and I certainly have a long way to go, but I just want to share my progress for anyone who is considering starting here but isn't sure.

At the end of September 2016 I looked at myself in the mirror and thought "No, this is ridiculous now, I have to do something about this" as my own bloated face peered back at me sadly. My confidence was shot, I felt awful and I was starting to worry about the health implications of carrying so much extra weight around. I have a young child and it is important to her that I am fit and well.

After reading about MFP on a forum, I decided to sign up and give it a go. I'd never considered calorie counting before as I was pretty sure I wouldn't stick at it. Turns out I was wrong and MFP is the best thing that could have happened to me. With calorie counting and a basic exercise regime of walking 5 miles 3-4 times a week (plus chasing after a toddler) I have gone from 212 pounds to 172 pounds (at 5 ft 7).

I would urge anyone thinking about this to really knuckle down and try MFP out; think how pleased future you will be that you have started today.

tlpaiiyjpflb.jpg

Replies

• naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous! Awesome progress, congrats!
  • krwjohnson
    krwjohnson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!! Way to go!
  • jkjcampbell1
    jkjcampbell1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great. Thanks for sharing; we got this!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Wonderful that you're looking after yourself and setting a good example for your little one along the way :-)
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!! Way to go! I was also around 200 a year ago and have lost about the same- still some to go! Add me so we can encourage one another! Thanks for sharing
  • gemstoneisland
    gemstoneisland Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    And walking is all the proper exercise you do?! You look fabulous! Keep it up :)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • ThreeLittleBalloons
    Options
    Thank you all <3
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi, you look great and 5 miles a day sounds like a lovely walk. A few questions: How fast do you walk? I have a treadmill and I'm curious if you measure your speed? Also, do you eat certain foods that have helped you lose weight? I'm just starting again and it's been tough for me. I feel like when I eat 1200 calories a day I'm still hungry or my blood sugar is low and I get discouraged.
  • SleepingSwan
    SleepingSwan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look great! The last sentence is so true!! Well done. X x
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Your efforts are certainly worth sharing and letting others see that it can be done!

Really nice job!
  • bmieres31
    bmieres31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work, keep it up!!!!
  • christymedarismcfarland
    Options
    Missycvt wrote: »
    Hi, you look great and 5 miles a day sounds like a lovely walk. A few questions: How fast do you walk? I have a treadmill and I'm curious if you measure your speed? Also, do you eat certain foods that have helped you lose weight? I'm just starting again and it's been tough for me. I feel like when I eat 1200 calories a day I'm still hungry or my blood sugar is low and I get discouraged.

I saw your post about the 1200 calories and feeling hungry or feeling blood sugar drop. I'm on a 1200 a day. I try to make sure that I have protein with every meal/snack. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and three small snacks a day. This really helps me not to crash. Try a half of a healthy protein bar, or small thing of cottage cheese and a few grapes, string cheese and a couple whole wheat crackers, a fortified smoothie (watching sugars of course), etc. This also helps rev up your metabolism - at least it does mine! Every time I feel hungry I check my watch and realize it's time for a snack!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'm also 5'7" and 5 lbs away from 172 lbs. I always have a hard time seeing how small I've actually become (down from an all time high of 280 lbs) and how far I've become so your post puts things into perspective. You look fantastic!
  • Tarak15
    Tarak15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What great motivation you are to all of us! Thank you for sharing!
  • ThreeLittleBalloons
    Options
    Awww thank you!!
  • Livvy
    Livvy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • lorepres
    lorepres Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!