Motivation help

I am new to this and don't know if this is allowed but I would love to very motivational people to add me and keep me in line everyday. I am starting tomorrow (feb21) I have well over 100 pounds to shed. My biggest villain is my lack of motivation. I will come up with excuse after excuse.... But no more. So if you have gone through this or going through it now please add me... I need your help and we can help each other.

:)

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Yes, its allowed to ask for friends. I started back in 2012. lost 100 pounds. Read everything on the forums. Ignore anything that sounds too good to be true and fads. You will soon learn what the legit crowd-sourced knowledge it. Get a digital food scale. Weigh and log everything that goes in your gob. Get some exercise. Dont overthink it. If you are your own worst enemy no one is going to be able to push you. You are the only one responsible for yourself and your choices. People can encourage you and give you pep talks but only you have control over what does or doesnt go in your mouth. Also, know you will falter, you will have bad days, possibly weeks, even months, the only important thing is you keep coming back. Start now.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    I think I am the most depressed, despondant and generally pathetic that I have ever been in my whole life. My motivational fire is nothing more than damp ashes but I am not dead yet so there must be some hope. I must have done over 1000 health revolutions already every time secretely believing this is the one where it will stick but I fall down again and every time it is harder to get that fire started. I am aware that I have become a living death, lost all my me-ness. I just exist , feel sad and comfort eat and round and round it goes as I get progressively more round in the process. The fat has robbed me of my individualness, fat makes all the lines a blur, I look like fat rather than like me. This is no life. Being this depressed and fed up should be motivating me to change but the nature of depression is lack of motivation. Anyhow, I am here and will make 21st my day 1 too. I believe in the power of doing something with someone else.
  • SusanHill6
    SusanHill6 Posts: 11 Member
    Ypy can add me. I have around 140 lbs to loose.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Why do you want to lose 100 lbs? That is your motivation! From there, set a plan and work on developing good habits. Then focus on following good habits, not whether you "feel motivated".