Looking for pals with 10-15 pounds to lose

Options
I need motivation to work out and follow my food plan routine but since I just have a few pounds to lose I always think"oh well it won't change anything" before eating my next chocolate bar. I need motivation and I am looking for friends here who also work hard to reach their goals!! I also need a kick in the butt to work out at home every morning!

Replies

• fitme2b
    fitme2b Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I know how u feel. I do need to lose the same and feel like I'm always saying tomorrow. I would love to help each other stay clean eating and working out. My family is very healthy and I would like to get back in a good routine with my healthy meals and no cheats. That's my main problem I like sugar and carbs. So I'll u can friend request if your interested. Thanks
  • rilmarie999
    rilmarie999 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my problem as well - looking to hit around 18-20lbs working out at home before/after work plus three young kids. Gym is not an option, trying simple excercises I can do at home and trying to keep extra snacks and portion sizes under control. My biggest problem though is my love of wine- empty calories...
  • rilmarie999
    rilmarie999 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just wish I could remember how to do friend requests:/
  • jessvdm
    jessvdm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in this boat. I actually GAINED 5 lbs since the start of the year. NOT what I had in mind. I'm at my post pregnancy weight again-except that was 4 years ago! Time for me to get serious about the "it's just one bit of chocolate" or wine or whatever. Any support will help and I will definitely keep the encouragement coming for you all!
    My new thing is that I have to make some real changes to actually see change. For me, this means no alcohol during the week and no mindless eating of sweets. That's all I got for now. You?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    bee11mct wrote: »
    I need motivation to work out and follow my food plan routine but since I just have a few pounds to lose I always think"oh well it won't change anything" before eating my next chocolate bar. I need motivation and I am looking for friends here who also work hard to reach their goals!! I also need a kick in the butt to work out at home every morning!

I only had 10 to lose, and I lost it. Will add you.
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50, working on my last 10 pounds.
  • pandalionotter
    pandalionotter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I fall into the "I'll start tomorrow" trap every day. I got on the scale this morning for the first time in six months and did not like what I saw. So, I'm starting today! Add me or I'll add you if you need motivation.
  • c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I have 15 pounds to lose at the moment. I constantly go up and down and this time I'm trying to lose it for good. Feel free to add me!
  • Dsnelz
    Dsnelz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! Ladies we can do this!
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Add me! I was 4 pounds from goal and just let stress get the best of me! It is a marathon not a sprint, so after a massive binge today.... I am back. Normally I would keep on eating crap the rest of the day.... but I am not going to let it get the best of me!
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 15. It's hard
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Add me. I don't know how to add friends
  • twinkle2356
    twinkle2356 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a 65 yo woman, who needs to lose about 15 lbs, and noticed i'm starting to gain a lot easier. I keep hearing count calories to lose, which is true but exercise helps and works off calories. My husband and I go to the gym after eating, so we know how many calories we need to burn. lol. Also for people who can't go to the gym, a few years ago when I needed to lose weight, I got a wii-fit, which is fantastic and fun to do. doesn't cost that much and the kids would enjoy it too. make it a family affair. You won't be alone that way. Lots of stuff on it, tennis, running, aerobics, etc. I'm watching my fat, sodium and sugar intake also. Fat harder to burn off. Use your my fitness food and exercise program faithfully. If you fall off once in awhile, pick yourself up and start over. It's hard for us people who have really good taste buds, so treat yourself once in awhile and cut back somewhere else or do extra exercise. Good luck and keep smiling. ps. if you do get wii-fit. watch the tennis.( I sprained my wrist when I went for a ball and hit my wrist on the tv set). lol good luck
  • NickHTK
    NickHTK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As of today I need to lose 11lbs.
    I kill it on my full week off getting to the gym everyday but back on shift is 14 hour days. Doesn't leave a lot left for exercising.
    I think its the stalls I find the most discouraging.
  • bee11mct
    bee11mct Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is my problem as well - looking to hit around 18-20lbs working out at home before/after work plus three young kids. Gym is not an option, trying simple excercises I can do at home and trying to keep extra snacks and portion sizes under control. My biggest problem though is my love of wine- empty calories...

Same thing here, I have 3 kids and gym is not an option! I have been trying to get up at 5:30 in the am to workout, there are tons of videos on you tube but very hard to get motivated when everyone is still sleeping and Im still in my pj lol!! I found a 5min zumba video that i like, i found that it gets me started and then Im in the mood to work out after. My biggest problem is sugar!!!!!
  • bee11mct
    Options
    NickHTK wrote: »
    As of today I need to lose 11lbs.
    I kill it on my full week off getting to the gym everyday but back on shift is 14 hour days. Doesn't leave a lot left for exercising.
    I think its the stalls I find the most discouraging.

Can you add me Im new and not sure how to add friends lol
  • bee11mct
    Options
    catmomfat wrote: »
    Add me. I don't know how to add friends

Me neither lol I will try again tonight to add you when I get home.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • kdblaine
    kdblaine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! This is my first day using the community board. I used the app a while back and then stopped for whatever reason. I am always up and down the same 10-15 lbs my whole life. I am not sure how the "adding" goes, but hopefully it's pretty easy to figure out and I can join this group.
  • NickHTK
    NickHTK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Still cant figure out how to "add" people..... LOL