Bored and unmotivated

Options
Not sure why I am posting this. I think I need to vent.

I’m early 40s. Usual workout week is currently like this:
Mon- Fri : Walk dogs before work 4 days, about 30 mins. Lunch break at work, 20 min session weights ( there is a small gym at work and I break down my work out in different body groups ) .Muay thai class 3 x per week, 1 hour class after work. Weights after work if I am not doing muay thai, about 30 mins. Walk dog evening 20-30 mins 3-4 days after work.
Weekend, walk the dogs, usually an hour each day.
I enjoy weights.

Lately I have been questioning if I want to continue going to my thai boxing classes.
I have a few reasons. I am getting a bit bored with it. My usual buddies who used to go to the same classes have left or go to a later class. I have to wait around after work for class to start ( I finish at 3.30pm, class starts at 5.15pm) and I walk 30 mins to get there, carrying my backpack. I then bus home so I’m usually home about 7pm. I get up about 5.40am. My partner and I adopted a dog in December and I feel I should be home more to help train her. Partner is home during the day though.

I used to enjoy going but the novelty has worn off. Now during class I feel myself glancing at the clock, wishing the hour would hurry up.

Why do I want to go? Feel I should for the cardio. Like I’m worried I will get chubby or lost muscle if I stop. Something to do. And to be honest a bit of ego is in there, lame I know but I like saying I do muay that classes.

anyway I just needed to vent. Just confused as to keep going or just have a break for a while. I'm also pretty tired.

Replies

• jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I find if I'm unmotivated to do something then I don't push myself enough to get the benefits from it. If that's the case then maybe you should find something else you enjoy more. Whether that's bringing the dog for a longer walk (which she might enjoy) or spending more time lifting weights.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Time to find a new activity it sounds like. I'll stick with something even if I'm bored, until I can line up a replacement activity. Going home and walking and playing with your new dog sounds good. You can always go back to your class if you miss it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Do something different.

Find a different class ... maybe spinning or a weights/cardio combo that works better for you.
    Get bicycles for you and your partner and go riding in the evenings.
    Rent kayaks or cross-country skis or snowshoes on a weekend and give that a go.

There are all kinds of things you could do.