Family falling apart. Staying

Options
Wrote one my last pst. Ups and downs.

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    ....what?

She's had a death in the family and some other family issues from what I gather in another post.

OP are you ok? Your post is a little hard to understand.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I think you should go to a meeting. If you're trying to fill the hole in your heart with alcohol or pain pills, it won't work.

Seek sobriety. That's more important than your weight.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Hang in there OP, we're all thinking of you
  • HeyJude007
    HeyJude007 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was feeling overwhelmed very over whelmed. I,m okay husband was with my sister when she was dying he has severe PTSD from Vietnam. A jumping bean in bed with night sweats, a horrific screams. Her ex is praying around the clock to pass her to heaven and out of purgatory. I have nightmares of devils fire and water boarding. On the sain side, I' m staying true to my diet. I am so focused on getting healthy. No pill or drinking. Booze is an awful taste when I could enjoy a chocolate piece. I am sleep deprived, Some one said that when things fall apart... they may be falling in place.
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry your family is going through this most difficult of times. Peace be with you all.
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So sorry for all that you and your family are going through. It would be very hard for me to stick to a diet during all of that. You are a stronger person than you realize. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you and your husband sleep in the same bed? I could see how the PTSD could be interfering with your sleep.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you need psych help - not MFP kind of help - right now!
  • rachelpolanco
    rachelpolanco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HeyJude007 wrote: »
    I was feeling overwhelmed very over whelmed. I,m okay husband was with my sister when she was dying he has severe PTSD from Vietnam. A jumping bean in bed with night sweats, a horrific screams. Her ex is praying around the clock to pass her to heaven and out of purgatory. I have nightmares of devils fire and water boarding. On the sain side, I' m staying true to my diet. I am so focused on getting healthy. No pill or drinking. Booze is an awful taste when I could enjoy a chocolate piece. I am sleep deprived, Some one said that when things fall apart... they may be falling in place.

I can truly relate to your story though I have different pages in mine. I encourage you to go before God and seek him and his will in your life. I´m praying for you!
  • HeyJude007
    Options
    HeyJude007 wrote: »
    Wrote one my last pst. Ups and downs.

I have bad grammar, what I meant by this , Was I wrote about this in a previous post. Not my last post. Yes, my husband has ptsd, we sleep in the same bed on a comforpedic mattress. 44 years of marriage. soul mates. My sister death was a unseen event, massive brain hemmorage, then in a coma. Two very young barely adult children. No father. Helping the last two weeks with arrangements their grief, I guess I was having a piece of my own pity party.
  • HeyJude007
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Update...So I went to the Drs. She said my life was very full, Handling all as well is one could. Sleep deprivation she said was my biggest problem with out being able to shut my mind off. So I have to learn new relaxing skills. As for weight. I did give in an ask for my weight loss amount. -54lbs. in almost 6 months. Not 1/2 way to my goal yet, but I do feel better not carrying that extra load. As for live stress and things falling out of place. They are falling back into place...in a home, sometimes every one has an issue, and the energy it overpowers everyone. listening, loving, respecting each other.

And Thankyou for every one who responded, They were so kind and inspiring to reach out for help.