Totally bombed it...

Ok. Today was the first day back on my weight loss plan (again) and from the time I woke up about 5 this am till about 7 pm it was going great. Had healthy choices in food, drinking water, had some cardio going on earlier today but about 7:30 or so hubby and I had an argument and some mean and really hurtful things were said and it did some major damage on my little feelings and he went to bed about 10 and all I have done since he went to bed is eat eat eat. Trying to comfort eat and now I feel even worse about myself..ugh. Hubby and I have been having problems for awhile now. No communication or intimacy..I felt it might be my weight (180) when most of the 9 yrs we have been married I have been around 130 or so. During both pregnancies My heaviest has been close to 200. But idk. Could b a number of things who knows I just know he isn't the happiest camper in the park...Anyway...I'm sick of myself I don't feel good about myself at all. I feel fat, ugly, useless...and just really depressed. I used to look in the mirror and see a pretty girl now I don't...Not lookin for a pity party or anything just don't have anyone to talk to I hardly have any family and I just needed to get this off my chest. Tomorrow is another day this I kno. I have always been one to "eat my feelings" so I guess if anyone has any advice on how not to do that. I would appreciate it. Thanks y'all. God bless

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 779 Member
    Just stay as positive as you can. Start each day fresh. I've been working out and on a losing trend for the last two months and honestly every day I feel better about myself. Please add me and feel free to message if you want. I can relate to a lot of what you are experiencing at the moment. Sending good wishes your way. Take it one day at a time.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    How strict of a plan are you trying to follow? Consider logging a couple days of your normal foods and see what happens. Then look it over and look for ways that you can reduce the calories. Fit in a treat each day so you aren't feeling like you're in diet hell, and move forward.

As for hubby, have you told him how you are feeling and that it worries you?
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Hang in there! As a serious emotional over eater I know where you are coming from. Some times I try to check in to mfp rather than checking in to the pantry. If I'm here it usually helps me regain control. Good luck , you can do this!